BERGANTINO B|AMP FIRMWARE UPGRADES

Australia's online bass store. Ask questions to George, see his latest offerings and deals.
Dealer: Sadowsky, Euphonic Audio, Bergantino, Roscoe, Glockenklang.
GeorgeG

BERGANTINO B|AMP FIRMWARE UPGRADES

Post by GeorgeG » 25 Oct 2017, 11:02

Jim Bergantino has released new B|AMP firmware upgrades v4.29 & 4.31 which has tweaked the Distortion effects and now instead of sounding great, they are amazing....:) He just keeps on pushing the boundaries with this killer amp.
See the information below as received from Bergantino Audio.
If any B|AMP owners haven't received the email notifications for the firmware upgrades and wants them send an email george@bassgeardirect.com.au and I'll forward them on to you with the information.

"To all Bergantino Audio Systems current and future B|AMP owners: Announcing new Distortion firmware upgrades:
We are proud to release firmware version 4.29 and 4.31 to all current, registered B|AMP owners. Both of these versions have our latest distortion circuits which are World Class in reproducing a quality tube amp's overdrive characteristics. From mild overdrive to all out saturation, these new circuits will make the B|AMP virtually indistinguishable from your favorite tube amp by generating the very musical and natural sounding palette of harmonics tube amps are known and lauded for!
Version 4.29 retains the existing format of Version 4.22 by having a pre-determined amount of clean mixed in with all 3 effects (O/D, Dist1, and Dist2). Version 4.31 re-assigns the Aux volume knob and turns it into a Clean/Effects blend knob going from completely clean (CCW) to all out O/D and Distortion (CW), and everything in between. This version allows the user many options of how they want to dial the O/D and Distortion effects into their signal bath. From using the Aux/Blend control to go from a completely clean signal to an adjustable mix of clean and Distortion, to recalling memory presets at the push of a button, or stomp of our new wireless BlueTooth footswitch.
Note: Even though version 4.31 re-assigns the Aux volume knob to a Blend knob for the effects, you still have an Aux input. The only difference is you will have to adjust the volume of this input from the source (i.e. ipad, iphone, MP3 player, etc.)
If you currently own a B|AMP and haven't registered it yet, please do so by visiting our website at http://bergantino.com/warranty-registration and filling out the registration form to receive these latest updates, even if you purchased it used. Once registered you will automatically be sent any future firmware upgrades automatically as they become available.
"
George Ganakas
Owner of Bass Gear Direct - Dealer / Importer for Bergantino Audio, Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang, Roscoe Guitars & Sadowsky Guitars
www.bassgeardirect.com.au

Rocksolid

Re: BERGANTINO B|AMP FIRMWARE UPGRADES

Post by Rocksolid » 25 Oct 2017, 12:22

Wow. Sounds killer
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 25 Oct 2017, 13:28

Yeah. ...looking forward to getting these updates onboard! !!
Mean & Surly

cackland

Post by cackland » 25 Oct 2017, 15:27

Installed 4.31 today - The blend function is very cool; Still maintains that great clean tone and can add small amounts of tube type drive in a really gig friendly package!
Outstanding value from this Amp already.
Brubaker KXB Extreme 5, Lakland 5594, Sadowsky Metro MS5, Stingray 5, Yamaha TRB6P, West Fretless 5, Fender RW J, NS WAV4
Bergantino B|Amp, Epifani UL502C,
Bergantino AE212, AE112

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 26 Oct 2017, 02:22

Does it mean you lose the aux control's ability to act as a volume always or just on a preset where it's assigned etc?
Mean & Surly

GeorgeG

Post by GeorgeG » 26 Oct 2017, 08:55

Rod,
from what I understand after speaking to Jim about it yesterday, once you've loaded v4.31 this changes the function of the aux level control to a a blend control for the effects however, you can still use the aux input to plug in an MP3, Iphone, laptop etc, but use the aux source to adjust the volume instead. He also said if you don't like the blend function and want to go back to the original function of the aux level control you can always re-load v4.29. But he said "once you go blend, you may not want to go back! " :)
George Ganakas
Owner of Bass Gear Direct - Dealer / Importer for Bergantino Audio, Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang, Roscoe Guitars & Sadowsky Guitars
www.bassgeardirect.com.au

jimmy_effected

Post by jimmy_effected » 13 Nov 2017, 14:46

The only thing that still annoys me a bit about the B|Amp effects is they're not externally switchable. I mean, OK - they might now be switchable with the Bluetooth footpedal, but I already have a cocktail of pedals and a Boss ES-5 driving it all, surely it wouldn't be too difficult to have configured a footswitch control?

For an always on effect though in certain situations, yeah, I can definitely see a use for the effects...

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 13 Nov 2017, 19:45

I put 4.31 on today, must have been the day for it. The blend is cool. Great with different basses that react to OD differently. The blend impacts all patches with distortion saved in them.
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 14 Nov 2017, 10:07

Am enjoying the 4.31 too. OD control is sweet and the new comp is far more transparent.
Mean & Surly

lownotes42

Post by lownotes42 » 17 Nov 2017, 20:49

I'm going to update to 4.31 tomorrow - been waiting to finally get a chance to do it! :thumbup:
Clover Apeiron5, Stingray 5, USA DLX Dimension 5HH, '97 USA DLX Suhr Jazz V, USA P5 and Bergantino Amplification.