Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
drbass

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by drbass » 08 Mar 2018, 11:09

Never too late, Blaine ...
- Kermit 6 multi, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50

hamo

Post by hamo » 08 Mar 2018, 11:28

basshack wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 10:56
^ Thanks Owen, my main issue right now is I don't know what I want to do next. I've got plenty to do around the house for a while, lots of school kids umpiring available to keep the pocket money coming in. Just got to get over being dumped and find a passion for something new and challenging. It's probably a little late to start a career in music performance....
I'd like to chime in with my thoughts - especially as I can resonate quite deeply with your quandry.

I believe in the saying "things happen for a reason" and "öne door closes and another opens". Just take the time to think about what you REALLY want to do and tune in to your gut intuition - if it's music performance that blows your hair back I say it's as good a time as any to consider it!
Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

basshack

Post by basshack » 08 Mar 2018, 13:08

Thanks Hamo but at 52 and with more bad habits than good a music career is way out of the equation, I even don't have enough hair to blow back. This forum has given me the opportunity to meet some truely good musicians, that leave me for dead and none of them haven't day job. Bassface and I were just joking about it last week as I now have lots of time to practice but no way to make it pay like my old job.

Michael, you've heard me noodle and I can't even construct as well as you can. So yes there is a point where it is too late. Besides I like putting meals on the table and a roof over my kids heads.

How do you get the bass player off your front porch? Pay him for the pizza.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

drbass

Post by drbass » 08 Mar 2018, 15:14

basshack wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 13:08
Thanks Hamo but at 52 and with more bad habits than good a music career is way out of the equation, I even don't have enough hair to blow back. This forum has given me the opportunity to meet some truely good musicians, that leave me for dead and none of them haven't day job. Bassface and I were just joking about it last week as I now have lots of time to practice but no way to make it pay like my old job.

Michael, you've heard me noodle and I can't even construct as well as you can. So yes there is a point where it is too late. Besides I like putting meals on the table and a roof over my kids heads.

How do you get the bass player off your front porch? Pay him for the pizza.
Don't undersell yourself.

I get it, Blaine - meals and roof are my priority as well, all good. Catch up soon?

Regards,
Michael
- Kermit 6 multi, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 09 Mar 2018, 12:41

what's the difference between a musician and a family pizza?

A family pizza can feed a family of four......
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

RedVee

Post by RedVee » 28 Apr 2018, 19:12

Not a rant really but ... seen the NRMA ad ?

To the song Throw your Arms Around Me... lovely images, then they rescue a Koala to the line ‘I’ll squeeze the life out of you’

What !?!?!?!
Ibanez AEB10-BK; Feider P Bass; Challenge Bass; T'Bird Goth; Gibson T’Bird
Fender Rumble 15; Eminar Amps x2; Elfa 410 cab; GK CX115 cab; Zoom B2.1u & B3

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 16 May 2018, 15:14

My Paypal drama has finally been resolved.
I sold a TR909 on Ebay to someone in Amsterdam. A few weeks after delivery I got a notice that a deposit my account was on hold while they investigated a possible "unauthorised transaction". This put my paypal account into overdraft a few thousand dollars.

10 days later it was escalated to a claim with the buyer saying the TR909 was "not as described" and that it didn't work and was "internally damaged" but he would accept a $500 to cover repairs.
I provided documentation to show it was professionally serviced just before shipment but said if it had been damaged in shipping I would refund up to $300 for repairs. I did this because the price had been well over my reserve and I wanted the problem to go away,
Paypal then contacted the buyer for more info and when he didn't provide them with whatever they wanted Paypal resolved the case in my favour.

It was a real pain in the arse but I thought the process was probably as good as they could have made it.
MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs

FunkyJase

Post by FunkyJase » 21 May 2018, 14:41

NEVER buy a phone case from a company called Punkcase. Their adds are very slick and they make their products look amazing but they are steaming turds encased in warm turd with baked-in smiley turd and deep fried in a turd batter.
Their customer services isnt that good either.

The case they sent me was for a different phone so I emailed them. They asked me to send a photo of the wrong one as proof - which I did. After a week of not hearing anything I sent another email asking wtf. They sent me a copy of their return policy. After I explained that I actually want the product but I want the one I ordered they asked me to ship the wrong one back at MY expense. Yeah nah. Thats three times the value of the case. I then sent an email mentioning my policy of NOTspending money to fix their mistake they directed me back to their return policy again. I indicated that I couldnt give a carefully considered f**k about their policies and told them about my other policy of expecting the product I ordered and threatened to tell all and sundry about their crap product and service.

That must've made them jump cos the next email I got was one saying they are sending a replacement case. Oh cool I thought, maybe these guys aren't such jerks after all!

Phone case arrived two days ago. It's not remotely similar to the one I ordered but it fits the phone. The surround is loose, the in-built buttons fell out and it has a discolouration in it.

Sent them another email about how they effed up again and got one back......

....directing me to their returns policy....

"If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes"
Roy Batty

57RI P Bass, Fretless PJ Bass, Frankenbass PJ, Fender Jazz Am Deluxe & 75' Fender Jazz Rip Off.

Markbass Big Bang, GK MB500, GB NeoX 212T, Eden EX112, Lab Sys 212

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 05 Jun 2018, 11:31

In December 17 I ordered some very cool Ice Cream themed tables and chairs for the outside area of my Ice Cream shop. They look amazing, will attract attention, and generate discussion about my shop.

They were aboard THIS ship:-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-01/8 ... st/9825950

FFS!
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

NotTheFish

Post by NotTheFish » 05 Jun 2018, 11:33

You are having a good couple of years Pete.. Buy a lottery ticket !

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 05 Jun 2018, 11:41

NotTheFish wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 11:33
You are having a good couple of years Pete.. Buy a lottery ticket !
My fault for allowing myself to think things were starting to turn around. How dare I :(
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 05 Jun 2018, 13:12

open the world's first floating ice cream bar off-shore?

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 05 Jun 2018, 14:03

BazzBass wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 13:12
open the world's first floating ice cream bar off-shore?
LOL .... that made me laugh, thanks , I needed that.

Reports so far say that most of what is washing up onto shore is sanitary and medical products. So far , so good. Though there are reports as many as 30 containers that are still on board got severely damaged, so who knows.......

Apparently the ship will dock in Sydney today, and that's when the cleanup and stocktake can begin. Could take weeks. I really, really wanted that furniture before the next school holidays in 4 weeks. Even as a best case scenario that my stuff is unscathed, that's not going to happen now. Worst case scenario I have to start my 6 month wait all over again.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 05 Jun 2018, 15:07

look on the bright side Pete, they'll be ready for the beginning of summer :)

veebass

Post by veebass » 26 Jun 2018, 09:29

Replacing the key for a 5 year old i 20? $700 from a Hyundai dealer.
The button is perishing and will need replacement (poorly designed).
I understand some key places can do them. Is that so.?
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.