Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
User avatar
PilbaraBass
Posts: 14970
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 17:07
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by PilbaraBass » 05 Nov 2017, 11:10

Petebass wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 19:24
Curto wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 19:15
Do you want my G string? (Wouldn't want to hear that outside a bass forum)
:D
Wasn't there some GTG pics getting around at one stage where someone had described a particular pic to his wife as "This is me holding Mike's Dingwall", to which she replied "Oh dear, please never say that again!".
8/
You know what they say...

"What happens at the GTG, stays at the GTG..." :cool:

:lol:
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

User avatar
slowlearner
Posts: 5390
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 14:30
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by slowlearner » 06 Nov 2017, 16:32

Grrr... ebay... grrr... paypal.... grrrr.... ripoffs.... ggrrrr :banghead:

Best leave it there. :rolleyes
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7763
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by veebass » 06 Nov 2017, 17:22

BazzBass wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 12:12
Aussie Mark wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 11:44
I know Veebass is a staunch defender of Centrelink, but I just had one of their staff phone me about one of our employees. There is a form they'd like me to fill out. Cool, happy to oblige. But they want to FAX it to me. I actually laughed, I thought it was a prank call! No, seriously - fax is the only technology they possess to send me this 7 page form. They can't scan and email it. They don't have the form in soft copy. This is how our taxes are being spent?
I'm surprised that with all OUR money they waste they would've couriered it to you via Uber lol

I went to Centrelink a couple of years ago to apply for carers allowance.
Sir,what is your centrelink number.

I don't have one

But Sir,everybody has one,you must have one

No, I don't have a centrelink client number

why not sir?

COZ I"VE BEEN F@#KING WORKING FOR THE LAST THIRTY F@#KING YEARS YOU DUMBARSE! SOMEONE has to work to pay for all you freeloaders.


last year they missed 55 MILLION calls for help....55 Million ! that's more than 2 calls for every Australian.....
Only where and when they deserve defending.
Some things are not their fault ie government policy and resource issues.
Two of the things you guys mention are not defensible- they should be able to do business electronically and they shouldn't assume everyone has a Centrelink Reference Number (although most people do when you factor in FTB)- I don't have one either- never claimed a benefit from Centrelink in my life either.
55 Million busy signals on the other hand is a direct result of staff cuts, which are the Government's fault (one might say grand plan)- resource cuts and a recruitment freeze.
I see there is some guff coming from the Minister that this huge number is a result of people using redialling apps. A small proportion would be because of that., but I will say that people wouldn't need to use those apps if it wasn't impossible to get onto an operator.
When I retired a bit over two years ago, the busies number was under 20 million from memory- see how it has grown with 2500 job losses and no recruitment in the last two years. A few years earlier the figure was about 2 million. They have been pulling money out of Centrelink and banning them from recruiting. So it has gone from 2 million to 55 million under this government.
BTW this is exactly the reaction the government wants as it starts to outsource calls to Serco (announced in the last Budget).
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
slave
Posts: 2296
Joined: 02 May 2009, 23:10
Location: Out West...

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by slave » 07 Nov 2017, 09:33

veebass wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 17:22
They have been pulling money out of Centrelink and banning them from recruiting.
You could be talking about the public health system. I struggle to see how they can talk about a freeze on hiring new workers to replace the ex-employee's and still expect the system to work, when it's already proven centrelink in it's many forms has been broken for decades. From the people I know who have worked in that system, they all seemed to think it was purposefully set up to fail people.
I heard they were going to outsource the call centre's oversea's. I hope I'm wrong on that. :cry

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7763
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by veebass » 07 Nov 2017, 09:44

slave wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 09:33
veebass wrote:
06 Nov 2017, 17:22
They have been pulling money out of Centrelink and banning them from recruiting.
You could be talking about the public health system. I struggle to see how they can talk about a freeze on hiring new workers to replace the ex-employee's and still expect the system to work, when it's already proven centrelink in it's many forms has been broken for decades. From the people I know who have worked in that system, they all seemed to think it was purposefully set up to fail people.
I heard they were going to outsource the call centre's oversea's. I hope I'm wrong on that. :cry
You are not wrong. Serco is the behemoth of privatisation of public services.
I agree it has been a deliberate strategy.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nationa ... yyfuq.html
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 720
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by FunkyJase » 08 Nov 2017, 12:15

Curto wrote:
03 Nov 2017, 19:15
FunkyJase wrote:
09 Oct 2017, 21:48
Ordered some strings online (Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats). They're cheaper online but its a long wait.
They arrive after two weeks. G String breaks before it even gets to standard tuning...
I've got a spare EB Cobalt flat set (minus the D string) ... same issue, broke tuning up from 432Hz to 440 Hz.
Do you want my G string? (Wouldn't want to hear that outside a bass forum)
hell yeah!
I'll PM ya
Fender CIJ 57RI P Bass, Warmoth Fretless PJ Bass, Bitsa Frankenbass PJ, Warwick $$ & 75' Fender Jazz Reissue.

Markbass LM Big Bang, GK MB500, Schroeder 1210pl, Eden EX112, Boss LMB-3, SGFX Beta, EMG GZR, Boss blah blah blah

User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 720
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by FunkyJase » 14 Nov 2017, 15:06

NEW RANT!

On Sunday one of the fans said "You have the easy job. You just keep doing the same thing whilst the guitarist does all the work". Im not in jail for murder in case you're wondering.... I just laughed it off but man it bugs me! It's almost as bad as being told how lucky I am that I can play bass and do so many gigs. As if a tonne of hard work and blisters had nothing to do with it...

Sometimes you just gotta drink heavily he he...
Fender CIJ 57RI P Bass, Warmoth Fretless PJ Bass, Bitsa Frankenbass PJ, Warwick $$ & 75' Fender Jazz Reissue.

Markbass LM Big Bang, GK MB500, Schroeder 1210pl, Eden EX112, Boss LMB-3, SGFX Beta, EMG GZR, Boss blah blah blah

User avatar
Petebass
Posts: 8180
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 07:07
Location: Burrum Heads (near Hervey Bay), QLD

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by Petebass » 14 Nov 2017, 18:23

FunkyJase wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 15:06
NEW RANT!

On Sunday one of the fans said "You have the easy job. You just keep doing the same thing whilst the guitarist does all the work". Im not in jail for murder in case you're wondering.... I just laughed it off but man it bugs me! It's almost as bad as being told how lucky I am that I can play bass and do so many gigs. As if a tonne of hard work and blisters had nothing to do with it...

Sometimes you just gotta drink heavily he he...
Sound guy and author Duncan Fry wrote in one of his articles that he used to play with a GUITARIST that used to go on like that! He was good , very good apparently! But so what ........ they were on tour and one night and they were all getting a bit sick of his big mouth. While waiting to go on stage, this guitarist was warming up but showing off while he did so. So Duncan asked him "Hey man, can you please teach me the guitar solo?"

"Sure! Which guitar solo?"

"The one you play in every song!"

Do ya reckon that cut him down to size? :)
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

User avatar
PilbaraBass
Posts: 14970
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 17:07
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by PilbaraBass » 14 Nov 2017, 19:55

^oh burn!!!
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 7980
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by BassLine » 14 Nov 2017, 22:18

FunkyJase wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 15:06
NEW RANT!

On Sunday one of the fans said "You have the easy job. You just keep doing the same thing whilst the guitarist does all the work". Im not in jail for murder in case you're wondering.... I just laughed it off but man it bugs me! It's almost as bad as being told how lucky I am that I can play bass and do so many gigs. As if a tonne of hard work and blisters had nothing to do with it...
Great comebacks.....
https://www.talkbass.com/threads/help-c ... re.394481/
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
FunkyJase
Posts: 720
Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 08:52
Location: South East Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by FunkyJase » 15 Nov 2017, 08:28

Petebass wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 18:23
FunkyJase wrote:
14 Nov 2017, 15:06
NEW RANT!

On Sunday one of the fans said "You have the easy job. You just keep doing the same thing whilst the guitarist does all the work". Im not in jail for murder in case you're wondering.... I just laughed it off but man it bugs me! It's almost as bad as being told how lucky I am that I can play bass and do so many gigs. As if a tonne of hard work and blisters had nothing to do with it...

Sometimes you just gotta drink heavily he he...
Sound guy and author Duncan Fry wrote in one of his articles that he used to play with a GUITARIST that used to go on like that! He was good , very good apparently! But so what ........ they were on tour and one night and they were all getting a bit sick of his big mouth. While waiting to go on stage, this guitarist was warming up but showing off while he did so. So Duncan asked him "Hey man, can you please teach me the guitar solo?"

"Sure! Which guitar solo?"

"The one you play in every song!"

Do ya reckon that cut him down to size? :)
Awesome!
Fender CIJ 57RI P Bass, Warmoth Fretless PJ Bass, Bitsa Frankenbass PJ, Warwick $$ & 75' Fender Jazz Reissue.

Markbass LM Big Bang, GK MB500, Schroeder 1210pl, Eden EX112, Boss LMB-3, SGFX Beta, EMG GZR, Boss blah blah blah

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2207
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by BazzBass » 15 Nov 2017, 11:44

pffft

the bass player is on from first beat to last, playing on every single beat
guitarist plays on maybe one beat in 4 when adding little bits,then a 4 bar solo and maybe every second beat he strums something
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
PilbaraBass
Posts: 14970
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 17:07
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by PilbaraBass » 07 Dec 2017, 12:22

Over the course of the last 3 years, we have gone from having 6 electrical engineers across the site to two.
And the other EE has only been here for 3 months, so he's still quite green.

My duties have expanded tremendously, and the amount of work that I have now on my plate is overwhelming. I'm not coping well at all, and I'm getting to a point where I would just love to throttle my manager.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

User avatar
noplanb
Posts: 1026
Joined: 04 Dec 2012, 22:00
Location: Adelaide

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by noplanb » 07 Dec 2017, 12:35

just love to throttle my manager
Would some re-visiting of Dilbert books give you a better frame of mind? ;)
Image
I see..............basses!

User avatar
PilbaraBass
Posts: 14970
Joined: 23 Oct 2008, 17:07
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by PilbaraBass » 07 Dec 2017, 14:27

^Dilbert depresses me... everything is so close to the bone...

Just today...

Me: "I am overwhelmed."
Manager: "I know that there is a lot of work on at the moment, but it's good. It's a positive. We are identifying things as an opportunity for improvement."

True story!
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests