Rant Thread !

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Aussie Mark

Re: Rant Thread !

Post by Aussie Mark » 04 Aug 2017, 09:44

BassLine wrote:
03 Aug 2017, 19:36

I follow Ed Friedland on Facebook. He made a comment about his gig photos only getting 40 likes and his gear photos got 750 likes.
Ed tours with the Grammy winning country band The Mavericks, which is why he'd like his gig pics to get more likes. Obviously he's more proud of that than his gear reviews :yep

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

CamZH

Post by CamZH » 04 Aug 2017, 13:12

+1 for Ed and his gear reviews.
I loved the one he did of the Steve Harris P Bass.
Maybe he's a bit stuck in the mold of being known for a gear review guy and people arent really interested in his music ??
I personally haven't looked into it. I get the impression its not something I'd be into.
Troll lol loling along

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 04 Aug 2017, 17:33

CamZH wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 13:12
Maybe he's a bit stuck in the mold of being known for a gear review guy and people arent really interested in his music ??
I personally haven't looked into it. I get the impression its not something I'd be into.
Only one way to find out Cam....

Live bootleg of Ed with The Mavericks, playing the Chuck Berry classic "You Never Can Tell".
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

CamZH

Post by CamZH » 05 Sep 2017, 15:05

BassLine wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 17:33
CamZH wrote:
04 Aug 2017, 13:12
Only one way to find out Cam....

Live bootleg of Ed with The Mavericks, playing the Chuck Berry classic "You Never Can Tell".
ahh yep, not really my thing :)
Troll lol loling along

veebass

Post by veebass » 20 Sep 2017, 11:26

Really enjoyed the way the Matilda's played football.
Really didn't enjoy the Brazilian's refusal to shake hands afterward last night.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 20 Sep 2017, 12:30

veebass wrote:
20 Sep 2017, 11:26
Really enjoyed the way the Matilda's played football.
Really didn't enjoy the Brazilian's refusal to shake hands afterward last night.
yeah it was pretty childish

the Brazillians are not used to losing at football

they had better get used to losing, at least when they play the Matildas, sorry, the MIGHTY MATILDAS.

our men's team is gonna sook big time when the Matildas win a world cup hehe while they are still trying to play with three at the back

ANGE, how much more evidence do you need that 3 at the back doesn't work for teams with less than three good defenders.....?
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

veebass

Post by veebass » 23 Sep 2017, 17:23

Seriously! Is this it? Two idiots with really big bombs calling one another names. When does the world tell them both to shut up before a minimum million people die on the Korean peninsula?

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... ump_230917

petersemple

Post by petersemple » 23 Sep 2017, 18:22

^ This. I mean seriously, just whip em both out and measure em if you want to know who has a bigger one. No need to involve the rest of us.
Basses: Wasburn Status 4, Fretless 4 made from parts, Fretted through neck 5 made by me
Amp: Eminar bass 400 into home made cab with JBL 15"

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 23 Sep 2017, 20:47

^i think if one researches NK and their impudent behaviour through the last 3 Kim's that this problem is 1) not an easy one to solve, and 2) if someone doesn't do something NK WILL launch a nuclear warhead
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 23 Sep 2017, 21:07

PilbaraBass wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 20:47
^i think if one researches NK and their impudent behaviour through the last 3 Kim's that this problem is 1) not an easy one to solve, and 2) if someone doesn't do something NK WILL launch a nuclear warhead
Or maybe they'll just keep talking shit just like they have been for the last 50 years. I don't know why this lot of trash talk is any different to the last 50 years of trash talk .... oh wait yes I do, the media is reporting it now.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

slave

Post by slave » 23 Sep 2017, 23:09

Petebass wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 21:07
.... oh wait yes I do, the media is reporting it now.
Pretty much - the attention from Trump has escalated things, forcing Kim to accelerate whatever missile program was running, in order to save his own skin. Whatever the media reports, NK has made mainly rational decisions so far. Can't say that about the USA in the past 20 years.

Well the AFL grand final is now upon us. So far the finals have given us only a single even contest, every other game has been a lopsided thrashing. (yawn) Hopefully the final bucks the trend....

veebass

Post by veebass » 24 Sep 2017, 04:44

Go the Cowboy! Anyone but Melbourne.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 24 Sep 2017, 08:45

Petebass wrote:
PilbaraBass wrote:
Or maybe they'll just keep talking shit just like they have been for the last 50 years. I don't know why this lot of trash talk is any different to the last 50 years of trash talk .... oh wait yes I do, the media is reporting it now.
If you follow NK's progress and latest tests... they're doing much more than sledging...

Up until recently, NK would "agree" to conditions in exchange for aid and other perks... but they never kept their end of the bargain and no one was able to enforce it, because China continues to use NK...

I'm telling you, this is scary ... Obama even warned Trump that NK would be one of his toughest challenges as president , so much so that Obama is reportedly forming an international think tank in Chicago to address NK and the globally refugee crisis specifically
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

veebass

Post by veebass » 24 Sep 2017, 08:50

PilbaraBass wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 08:45
Petebass wrote:
PilbaraBass wrote:
If you follow NK's progress and latest tests... they're doing much more than sledging...

Up until recently, NK would "agree" to conditions in exchange for aid and other perks... but they never kept their end of the bargain and no one was able to enforce it, because China continues to use NK...

I'm telling you, this is scary ... Obama even warned Trump that NK would be one of his toughest challenges as president , so much so that Obama is reportedly forming an international think tank in Chicago to address NK and the globally refugee crisis specifically

That's why I say the (whole) world should tell both of them to just shut up. That is, not take either side- condemn them both. I know it won't happen and suspect this will end very badly. I was just having a rant.

brooksi

Post by brooksi » 24 Sep 2017, 09:22

Guys take care with this flu going around, it is one bad mofo. Three broken ribs from coughing living on pain killers.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live like you'll die today.