Australian Guitar Magazine now has a Bass Section!

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Petebass

Australian Guitar Magazine now has a Bass Section!

Post by Petebass » 31 Oct 2008, 18:33

For those of you who didn't know, Australian Guitar Magazine now has a Bass Section at the back.

I know this because.... shameless self promotion here........ I've been contributing articles for the last few issues. They've got me doing a 4 part series on which Cabs, Amps, and Basses I consider to be Good, Better, and Best for particular styles of music. The Rock/Metal article and the Blues/Jazz/Country articles have already gone to press. The next issue will feature my article the Funk/Pop genre, and the issue after that will feature my article on bass gear for the Studio/Versatile scene.

There's lots of other good bass stuff in there too, and because it's Australian, it's all relevant. And if it generates enough interest, the bass section will keep getting bigger and better.

Provided FYI.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Rick

Re: Australian Guitar Magazine now has a Bass Section!

Post by Rick » 31 Oct 2008, 18:39

I didn't even know there was such a magazine :D Is it available at most newsagencies?

blizzard

Post by blizzard » 31 Oct 2008, 19:02

I saw that I picked up a copy of Aus Guitar a couple months ago (the one with SlipKnot on the cover) to read on the plane to Cairns (I was originally looking the the Bass Player with Justin Meldal Johnsen on the cover, but beggars can't be choosers) and was surprised by the added bass section, it was nice. They had a pretty good interview with Stu hamm and an interesting one with Guy Pratt (I think :hmm )

ROON

Post by ROON » 31 Oct 2008, 19:03

I felt like crying when I heard BassGuitar magazine was being closed down. :( Thanks for contributing and working on a bass section Pete, I wish there were more bass magazines out there. I'll take a squiz at it if I see it in a newsagency.
- Josh

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 31 Oct 2008, 20:51

that's cool...thanks pete...

must check it out and then "critique" your articles :poke: :D
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Fun Size Nick

Post by Fun Size Nick » 31 Oct 2008, 21:43

Good to hear, Pete! I'll be keen to check it out. I was never very impressed with Guitar World's Bass Guitar, but I do miss Bassist (UK).

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 03 Nov 2008, 16:07

PilbaraBass wrote:that's cool...thanks pete...

Cool! Just remember that they asked for my opinions, therefore I can't be wrong :neener:
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

jezzamac

Post by jezzamac » 03 Nov 2008, 16:08

Rick wrote:I didn't even know there was such a magazine :D Is it available at most newsagencies?
It's not a bad magazine and has some interesting stuff even if it tends to recycle John Butler and Chris Cheney somewhat and has a bit of a metal/shredding bent to the whole thing :hmm . I'd like to see some more jazz based articles but then again I'm not a guitar player :shrug: . I was pleased to see the new bass section. All in all not a bad read for $10.
Fender '78 Precision, Squier CV Jazz, Maton JBIV, Ibanez SR405, G&L Tribute SB2, Ashbory and Markbass CMD121P, Fender Rumble V# 12" cab, GK 400RB, No-name 4x10 cab
funKtus, Samurai Trash, Exploding Happiness, Night Radio (no longer).

blizzard

Post by blizzard » 03 Nov 2008, 23:05

jezzamac wrote:
Rick wrote:I didn't even know there was such a magazine :D Is it available at most newsagencies?
It's not a bad magazine and has some interesting stuff even if it tends to recycle John Butler and Chris Cheney somewhat and has a bit of a metal/shredding bent to the whole thing :hmm . I'd like to see some more jazz based articles but then again I'm not a guitar player :shrug: . I was pleased to see the new bass section. All in all not a bad read for $10.

I've noticed that a bit, but I do love me some Chris Cheney. The magazine is pretty decent, not completely ads... needs more bass though.

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 17 Nov 2008, 12:55

PilbaraBass wrote:that's cool...thanks pete...

Now's your chance - the new issue is out. This one features my article covering the Funk/Pop genre.