Re: Paypal/ebay question

Post by hamo » 10 Apr 2018, 16:04

Aussie Mark wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 15:33
BassLine wrote:
10 Apr 2018, 15:27
Did they update their eBay address?
How did they respond to asking for ID?
He explained that his registered ebay address is in the US so he can buy things from Yanks who won't ship internationally - the address is a relative, who on-ships for him. After he'd paid and I'd transferred the funds out of Paypal to my bank account, and eBay confirmed as far as they're concerned it is a legit sale, then I didn't bother asking for any further proof of ID.
Sounds familiar to me and probably many of us here I'm sure :cool: :D
Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 11 Apr 2018, 11:29

Sold a tr 909 in Feb to a guy in the Netherlands on ebay. Got the money via paypal shipped it off. Tracking says it was delivered on March 5 after multiple attempts.
Today I got this from Paypal:
It has come to our attention that the following payment you received may have been unauthorised. To ensure a safer payment environment, we've placed a temporary hold on this payment while we investigate the transaction. If you haven't shipped or delivered the sold items or services, please don't do so until the review is complete.

We should complete our review within 10 working days, during which the funds won't be available to you. We appreciate your patience during the review and we'll email you once it's complete.
My PayPal account balance is now a large negative amount. I'm hoping the Paypal seller protection means everything is ok but not happy at the moment
MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 11 Apr 2018, 12:06

that's crazy, ebay is a law unto itself, it does what it wants. Why didn't they discover the anomaly AS SOON AS IT WAS MADE and warn you before you posted it?

Like banks taking 5 working days to clear a cheque....5 day wait was BEFORE electronic banking where they had to wait for the cheque to 'clear'. there should be zero delay these days but we still have it.
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 11 Apr 2018, 12:16

Got to give a word of support to the people at Australia Post - I have had a few occasions to contact them and they have always been great.
Today they directed me to the spot on Post NL where I could see that they had attempted delivery at the address and then delivered it to the nearest post office where the buyer collected it and left a signature.

The important trick is to contact Aust Post by sending a message to their twitter account.
MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs