Help me fix my window demister!

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Petebass

Re: Help me fix my window demister!

Post by Petebass » 17 May 2018, 07:11

Update - Clarifoil are proving to be difficult to deal with. Their "New Customer" form asked for several things that don't apply in Australia. It took them quite a while to acknowledge that. Communication has been slow, they're away at trade shows a lot.

Yesterday they finally got me set up on their system and told me the order had been processed. Great! Then I get an email asking for my "Business Licence" (once again no such thing in Australia), and copies of my financial statements. What the? I'm buying foil, not applying for a mortgage ........ I'm almost out of patience.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

basshack

Post by basshack » 17 May 2018, 09:40

When I get snafu'd I try to remember how expensive the proper fix is. Hang in there some companies processes are just not flexible enough to deal with single users.

I once drove a $5 wall sensor to a guy on the way home because it was going to cost me too much time and him way too much money to go through the process of doing it properly.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 17 May 2018, 10:42

basshack wrote:
17 May 2018, 09:40
When I get snafu'd I try to remember how expensive the proper fix is. Hang in there some companies processes are just not flexible enough to deal with single users.
Yes thank you for the reminder. Single user, and International - they seem to be struggling with both. Hopefully I'm nearing the end of the marathon ...... this started at the end of March!
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 09 Jun 2018, 20:15

OK so 3 weeks since being ready to pay for the foil, I've still not been told how to do so. I lost my temper and cancelled the order by email.

Next day, I get an apology and instructions for payment minus the silly demands for financial statements etc. That's good. I also finally got an explanation why the process is so difficult. I won't say what, because it involved an admission on their part which was a little embarrassing for them. But because they owned up to it and took full responsibility, I've agreed not to mention the details publicly. They ended up handling it quite well in the end...........

So allow 3 days for the international payment to go through, then they can ship it. I should have it 6 business days later. PLEASE don't let this one fall off the ship, I've had enough of that already this week!

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 09 Jun 2018, 20:23

They confused Australia with Austria???
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, MusicMan, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 09 Jun 2018, 20:30

narcdor wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 20:23
They confused Australia with Austria???
Yes that's it ......... NOT :)

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 22 Jun 2018, 12:50

OK so the anti-fog-foil finally arrived. I got a friend to help install it and after two attempts we gave up and called a professional window tinter. 30+ years experience and he couldn't make this shit work either. Not Happy Jan!

basshack

Post by basshack » 22 Jun 2018, 13:04

I’m feeling your frustration all the way down here in sunny Melbourne. Back on the phone to the supplier I guess
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 22 Jun 2018, 13:26

basshack wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:04
I’m feeling your frustration all the way down here in sunny Melbourne. Back on the phone to the supplier I guess
Yes I've sent them an email detailing the problems encountered and how disappointed I am. We'll see what happens.