Child Support

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
OzzyGreg

Re: Child Support

Post by OzzyGreg » 23 Nov 2017, 06:16

I'm mentally preparing myself to have to start all over again at 45.
It can be done Pete.

I had the house (that, it should be noted, I had pretty much paid for completely before I even met The Witch) stolen from under me and I was forced to start again. I did.

I'm now financially comfortable once again, but very wary of women. This makes things a bit awkward with my current partner of 5 years, but she seems to understand.

Saying that, I'm SO looking forward to having that extra $450 odd in my pay each fortnight!
Getting out of bass playing and into farming. I need cash!

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 23 Nov 2017, 09:03

Petebass wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 11:50
Yeah well, I'm certainly struggling to think of a worse year .... I must have killed a china-man in a previous life and now I'm paying for it. Thanks for your concern guys but I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do to change the situation. It is what it is. I fully expect to be taken to the cleaners, anything better than that will be seen as a bonus (my lawyer seems to know what he's doing). I'm mentally preparing myself to have to start all over again at 45.
Pete, if it's any consolation, I divorced my first wife at 43 and walked away with no home equity, no super, a large credit card debt, a van full of bass and PA gear, and a cat. I was fortunate there were no kids involved, which made it a lot easier emotionally and probably financially, but it wasn't the end of the world - even if it might have felt that way at times. Hang in there!

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 23 Nov 2017, 09:40

OzzyGreg wrote:
23 Nov 2017, 06:16
I'm mentally preparing myself to have to start all over again at 45.
Saying that, I'm SO looking forward to having that extra $450 odd in my pay each fortnight!
Image how many Stingrays you'll be able to buy! :)
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Rickles

Post by Rickles » 24 Nov 2017, 09:07

Petebass wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 11:50
Yeah well, I'm certainly struggling to think of a worse year ..... I fully expect to be taken to the cleaners, anything better than that will be seen as a bonus (my lawyer seems to know what he's doing). I'm mentally preparing myself to have to start all over again at 45.
You wont need to struggle long, it's nearly here 2018. Then 2019 etc etc. Just when you think it can't get any worse.

At the end, my lawyer said the same thing. After first having taken what was left in the kitty. The agreed upon price more than blew out. I was legally able to ask for the figures, which I did, but not in writing. I was just quickly reassured and on we went. They know what their doing all right. I should never have employed one until the last minute. Keep contact with them to a minimum, stay off the phone. tearalong was right when he said to keep copies, and records. You need them for everything.

You may be mentally prepared but you may also be eligible for 6 free visits with a phsychiatrist, so start looking for a good one now. Check with your doctor. I started from scratch at 46. I had two kids, so I was behind the 8 ball from the beginning. No getting a home loan with no deposit, no savings, and on a low income. I could only just manage rent, bills and food. Eventually something had to give and, after loosing my job, ended up homeless for six months. That ended up being better than I thought, No bills to drain on my $250 a week dole bonanza.

It is tough and you will make it through, if you don't kill yourself, and you'll wonder if killing someone else would be better. Jail will give you freedoms that, as a good citizen, you will be denied. Food, clothing, shelter, and as your lawyer will tell you, you'll have no bills, you'll have people around you so you can bond socially, you'll have excercise, a job, a small income, regularity, routine, time for reflection, and you wont have to deal with the CSA, that's gotta be "a bonus".
Melbourne
75 P Bass, Warwick Standard Corvette, SWR MoBass, Markbass, BAmp, CN212, HD210, SWR 210.

OzzyGreg

Post by OzzyGreg » 28 Nov 2017, 05:16

Image how many Stingrays you'll be able to buy! :)
LOL!

veebass

Post by veebass » 28 Nov 2017, 06:57

I hadn't read this thread until now.
Pete- so sorry to hear about this. You going to stay up around Hervey Bay?
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 28 Nov 2017, 08:00

:(
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 28 Nov 2017, 13:15

veebass wrote:
28 Nov 2017, 06:57
I hadn't read this thread until now.
Pete- so sorry to hear about this. You going to stay up around Hervey Bay?
Yeah I'm staying put. I've got a business here, and my kids are here.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

OzzyGreg

Post by OzzyGreg » 07 Dec 2017, 05:19

(Sorry guys, just one last update....)

I hadn't seen or spoken to my son in five years due to a falling out we had back then.
In the past few weeks he's been thrown out of his mother's house, then his grandparents' house and had nowhere to go.
(Remarkable coincidence that all this was happening as Child Support was about to end!)

The biggest positive to come out of this for me is that we re-established contact a few weeks back.
He actually moved in with me on the weekend and we are getting on brilliantly!

basshack

Post by basshack » 07 Dec 2017, 09:03

That's really good to hear Greg.

And Pete, I'm sorry that you've found yourself in this situation. I have a couple of friends who've gone through it and survived with their relationships with their kids intact. One commented that it was just like a mortgage, after a while you forget it's coming out of the bank each month. Find the silver lining behind the dark cloud mate, by all accounts it's been a tough year but storms don't last forever.
... dial in some "J" to angry it up!

Got gear but little talent!

jezzamac

Post by jezzamac » 07 Dec 2017, 09:16

Try to remember that the the CS is for the kids ... I'm in a similar boat.
Fender '78 Precision, Squier CV Jazz, Maton JBIV, Ibanez SR405, G&L Tribute SB2, Ashbory and Markbass CMD121P, Fender Rumble V# 12" cab, GK 400RB, No-name 4x10 cab
funKtus, Samurai Trash, Exploding Happiness, Night Radio (no longer).

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 07 Dec 2017, 10:05

My daughter didn't speak to me for about 2 years when she was 18 to 20 and then it all came good. I think it's pretty common.
Hopefully they get a bit of perspective as they get older if you keep the door open
MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 07 Dec 2017, 10:38

I'm at a loss to say anything useful here, but just want to wish you guys all the very best in dealing with such difficult circumstances.
Last edited by Classic5 on 07 Dec 2017, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X, Ibanez SRF700 Fretless
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"The fact that there's a highway to Hell and only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic...."

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 07 Dec 2017, 10:41

tearalong wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 10:05
My daughter didn't speak to me for about 2 years when she was 18 to 20 and then it all came good. I think it's pretty common.
Hopefully they get a bit of perspective as they get older if you keep the door open
My dad walked out when I was 3 and I didn't see him again until I was 26 - unless seeing him on the TV one night on Sale of the Century counts :rolf:

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

OzzyGreg

Post by OzzyGreg » 09 Dec 2017, 04:34

Thanks Basshack and Classic5.