World Financial Meltdown...

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Greg

Re: World Financial Meltdown...

Post by Greg » 01 Nov 2008, 10:12

No worries.Glad to help.
There's a couple of custom shop Warwicks at The Bass centre(Melb) made from Australian blackwood that Robert supplied.I think he might've supplied the lacewood that went into the Warwick Thumb BO "flamin' blonde" 2007 LTD's.I think we call lacewood,Australian silky oak?
07 Warwick Streamer Stage 2
EBS fx

Farryd

Post by Farryd » 09 Nov 2008, 13:51

I got my Lakland right when the Aussie dollar was at .97 to the USD. I also got most of my pedals. Talk about timing

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 09 Nov 2008, 14:01

Greg wrote:No worries.Glad to help.
There's a couple of custom shop Warwicks at The Bass centre(Melb) made from Australian blackwood that Robert supplied.I think he might've supplied the lacewood that went into the Warwick Thumb BO "flamin' blonde" 2007 LTD's.I think we call lacewood,Australian silky oak?
Yep, Silky Oak. So how does that work with Warwick and custom orders? They can actually use timbers you send them? Are those instruments a lot more expensive than the standard factory stuff?

Greg

Post by Greg » 15 Nov 2008, 20:12

Phil wrote:
Greg wrote:No worries.Glad to help.
Yep, Silky Oak. So how does that work with Warwick and custom orders? They can actually use timbers you send them? Are those instruments a lot more expensive than the standard factory stuff?

You cant send them wood due to quality control issues,Warwick use some of the latest technology when it comes to drying.Their planers have moisture sensors & only the wood that meets the highest standards is used.You can go to Markneukirchen & hadpick the wood for your custom shop personally though.New woods are being added all the time.The motto,after all,is,"the sound of wood".The end price depends on the amount of custom options & model you choose.Things like front & side LED's(Warwick do their own MEC LED's now),illuminated headstock inlay & custom fingerboard inlays dont come cheap.If your tastes for options arent that extrvagant,you can get a custom shop Warwick for not much more than a standard model.
Basically,you pick a model,then add the options you like.Go to a dealer & get them to do you a quote & you're set.A price list is available on the website.
www.warwick.de
07 Warwick Streamer Stage 2
EBS fx

Soong

Post by Soong » 16 Nov 2008, 11:15

Went into the music store the other day....

Geez, prices are going up by at least 20%...we're getting smashed!
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

Derek_L

Post by Derek_L » 16 Nov 2008, 14:23

Well as unfortunate as it is you have to look at the bright side sometimes...

At least if we sell some of our stuff to the USA we can get a decent amount right? :)
G&L = <3

Kara

Post by Kara » 16 Nov 2008, 16:57

Honestly i have alot of trouble understanding the ins and outs of the financial meltdown. Apart from the fact that it makes things, in particular music/bass things more expensive.

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 25 Nov 2008, 12:18

Kara wrote:Honestly i have alot of trouble understanding the ins and outs of the financial meltdown. Apart from the fact that it makes things, in particular music/bass things more expensive.
There are many aspects to the financial meltdown, but the falling Aussie dollar seems to be the most relevant one to this thread, so that's the one I'll address:-

Simply put, if other countries are buying our exports, they need some Aussie currency to do it. That creates a demand for Aussie Dollars. That demand drives the value of the dollar higher.

It works the other way too. As businesses get hit by this financial crisis, they tend to cut back on spending and investment, especially when there's so much uncertainty hanging around. So as they stop (or reduce) buying our export goods, they demand for Aussie currency is also reduced. If there's little demand for Aussie currency, then the value of the dollar falls.

The Aussie dollar has always been directly linked to commodity prices and the demand for our exports.

Does that make sense?
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546