Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2642
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by BazzBass » 15 Apr 2018, 13:44

veebass wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 19:23
Here's an idea to save money, Malcolm. Don't cut taxes to the ultra big companies (that do pay tax).
and make the others actually PAY TAX

It beggars belief that the only way the Libs can decrease their budget deficit is to reduce pensions and lower paid workers rates whilst decreasing business tax. Surely not even the Liberal voters have the gall to vote for this fascist party?
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

packrat
Posts: 359
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 02:17
Location: Sydney

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by packrat » 15 Apr 2018, 13:53

Liberal voters are mostly brought up to believe that the party can do no wrong and anything labour related is actively a devil with horns. If you have a conversation with one, you'll quickly discover that they are broadly ignorant of most facets of how our government, let along taxation or the economy actually function. THey get by on a steady diet of The Australian or whatever Murdoch-lite is available in their state and read the first few pages so they know what to be outraged about, without actually being able to explain any of it in any detail beyond "well, the paper said".

Also, they tend to read papers. And be old.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 19 Apr 2018, 17:51

Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3633
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by ozrider » 19 Apr 2018, 23:25

veebass wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 17:51
Still waiting, Michaelia...............................

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... es-answers

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aliceworkman/b ... .jm6ObEEOV
You are so totally left with a feeling of helplessness when dealing with job network providers, they tell you what they like, there is no negotiation. It is all a terribly disempowering experience - by design I am sure. For example, although centrelink likes to use this type of touchy-feely language in their public profiles, the reality on the ground is that you are treated like a good for nothing drug-addict with a 'dependency' on welfare. In contrast, welfare for the wealthy and big business is applauded with no obligation whatsoever to do anything but line their own pockets and look after their own interests.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 20 Apr 2018, 14:42

Seriously, does this guy have any credibility whatsoever?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 4zaoa.html
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3633
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by ozrider » 20 Apr 2018, 15:51

veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:42
Seriously, does this guy have any credibility whatsoever?

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 4zaoa.html
The Libs have opposed this royal commission, neutered it in terms of its terms of reference, and now its just damage control... what a farce - anyone going to jail? That's for the poor and the weak as far as the Libs and their voters are concerned, they much rather be demonising those who can't fight back and launch varied public relations exercises like the banks can and have done.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-20/c ... ts/9677886

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 20 Apr 2018, 15:57

“Fraudulent bankers should be jailed, or made leader of Liberal party” says Morrison

http://chaser.com.au/general-news/fraud ... -morrison/
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 20 Apr 2018, 16:26

He's on a roll today.
Channelling his inner Hockey.
Australians can forget about relying on the age pension when they retire, according to Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison.
And yet in the same breath.
He also indicated super tax breaks for the very wealthy will also be reined in, a backflip on what was promised when Tony Abbott was prime minister.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/ ... nsion-over
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3633
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by ozrider » 20 Apr 2018, 16:50

veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:57
“Fraudulent bankers should be jailed, or made leader of Liberal party” says Morrison

http://chaser.com.au/general-news/fraud ... -morrison/
that was quite funny

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3633
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by ozrider » 20 Apr 2018, 16:57

veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:26
He's on a roll today.
Channelling his inner Hockey.
Australians can forget about relying on the age pension when they retire, according to Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison.
And yet in the same breath.
He also indicated super tax breaks for the very wealthy will also be reined in, a backflip on what was promised when Tony Abbott was prime minister.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/ ... nsion-over
I never figured Morrison for a complete moron, surely even he can see that his position on the banks is completely contradictory?

the banks are 'rock solid' yet their misbehavior is 'widespread, shocking, unconscionable' - WTF? :rollno:

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 20 Apr 2018, 17:12

ozrider wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:50
veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 15:57
“Fraudulent bankers should be jailed, or made leader of Liberal party” says Morrison

http://chaser.com.au/general-news/fraud ... -morrison/
that was quite funny
Thought you might like it.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 21 Apr 2018, 06:38

This one includes a number of Morrison's best reasons why a royal commission into banks was a bad idea. He really does look a tool. Just in time for his big speech in May.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 4zarf.html
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

We_r_Me
Posts: 237
Joined: 09 Jan 2013, 09:13

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by We_r_Me » 22 Apr 2018, 08:43

ozrider wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:57
veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:26
He's on a roll today.
Channelling his inner Hockey.
Australians can forget about relying on the age pension when they retire, according to Federal Treasurer Scott Morrison.
And yet in the same breath.
He also indicated super tax breaks for the very wealthy will also be reined in, a backflip on what was promised when Tony Abbott was prime minister.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/ ... nsion-over
I never figured Morrison for a complete moron, surely even he can see that his position on the banks is completely contradictory?

the banks are 'rock solid' yet their misbehavior is 'widespread, shocking, unconscionable' - WTF? :rollno:
Morrison's not a moron at all, he's a merely a puppet who was turning a blind eye to what the banks were doing - like so many of them.

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 8248
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 22 Apr 2018, 09:45

We_r_Me wrote:
22 Apr 2018, 08:43
ozrider wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:57
veebass wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 16:26
He's on a roll today.
Channelling his inner Hockey.



And yet in the same breath.



https://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/ ... nsion-over
I never figured Morrison for a complete moron, surely even he can see that his position on the banks is completely contradictory?

the banks are 'rock solid' yet their misbehavior is 'widespread, shocking, unconscionable' - WTF? :rollno:
Morrison's not a moron at all, he's a merely a puppet who was turning a blind eye to what the banks were doing - like so many of them.
He is smart enough to have left the inevitable evisceration by Barrie Cassidy on The Insiders this morning to Kelly O O'Dwyer.

Ms O'Dwyer (ex bank exec BTW) was pitiful.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
ozrider
Posts: 3633
Joined: 29 Oct 2011, 21:14
Location: Out West

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by ozrider » 22 Apr 2018, 09:54


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 5 guests