Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
veebass

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 31 Oct 2017, 06:13

Well if Mundine copped a blast for what he said last November, he is really going to get it now from Turnbull.
Mr Mundine, who left the indigenous Advisory Council after a rift with Mr Turnbull, told The Daily Telegraph Mr Turnbull rang him in fury in November 2016 after he answered a question in a radio interview about when he had last heard from the Prime Minister.
“I don’t believe he has any real interest in indigenous Affairs. Of the five prime ministers whose governments I’ve worked with in an official capacity, every single one expressed what I saw to be a genuine interest in making a difference in this area — except Turnbull,” Mr Mundine wrote in his book, adding that he does not know what the PM stands for.
You would have to wonder what Turnbull does have a real interest in.
Mr Mundine said if Mr Turnbull had pursued a vision and the concerns of ordinary people as determinedly and passionately as he has pursued the prime ministership “he might be a different kind of prime minister”.
“Becoming prime minister isn’t important.
“What comes next is what’s important.
“It’s like spending a day trying to catch a turtle and then, once you’ve got it, you don’t know how to get the shell off.
“So you just sit there pleased with yourself for catching it but not able to eat it.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/n ... 77232af55f
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 31 Oct 2017, 10:27

If anybody is interested in why the latest Trump charges are a big deal:

Duesenberg MC Starplayer, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

veebass

Post by veebass » 31 Oct 2017, 13:49

Another Michaelia mess. This story that takes a long overdue shot at the COALition's privatised $7B job service (ie not Centrelink which does the social security payments).
The problems and inefficiencies are well known, as are the link's between the big players and the Liberal party. We all know the providers are rorting the system claiming bonuses for people who find a job all by themselves and falsifying claims- expose after expose has found this and the Federal Government refuses to act.

I am very pleased to see a reference to the ALP considering the issue.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 3b?login=1

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 31 Oct 2017, 17:27

slave wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 05:23
PilbaraBass wrote:
30 Oct 2017, 12:17
This could explain why Donald Trump is referred to as one of the most talented golfers of US presidents (he reportedly used to be a 4 handicap).... Barack Obama's handicap is apparently "classified" :D, but those who have played with him said he is GOOD!
I remember seeing a video somewhere of Obama playing basketball with some high school students. He shot, and hit, 3 3-point shots in a row. I can't remember if this was from before his presidential days or during, but man! I don't think I hit 3 in a row very often, so this guy does it whilst camera's are rolling.... :notworthy:
Yes, he is a bit of a natural athlete, so is the former FLOTUS. Plus, Michele Obama's brother, Craig Robinson, was a former head basketball coach for Oregon State & Brown Universities
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 31 Oct 2017, 17:31

veebass wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 13:49
Another Michaelia mess. This story that takes a long overdue shot at the COALition's privatised $7B job service (ie not Centrelink which does the social security payments).
The problems and inefficiencies are well known, as are the link's between the big players and the Liberal party. We all know the providers are rorting the system claiming bonuses for people who find a job all by themselves and falsifying claims- expose after expose has found this and the Federal Government refuses to act.

I am very pleased to see a reference to the ALP considering the issue.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 3b?login=1
Politicians on the take?! Never!
They do all this hard work out of the goodness of their hearts...
They CARE about you, and they CARE about me, and importantly, they CARE about about Australia...
... all you have to do is ask them... they'll tell you.
:shifty:
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 31 Oct 2017, 17:42

vin-tone wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 10:27

The information about Papadopoulos has actually been floating around a while. So far, there's nothing really "new", only the report that he may have worn a wire for Mueller. The entire angle of this probe centres around the Russians offering "dirt" on Hillary Clinton prior to the election and these folks actually meeting with the Russians about it and then lying about it. The lying part, by the way, is the most damaging part of all of it.

On the subject of exactly what WAS this "dirt"... some speculate (including Trump, who's in backpedal/smokescreen mode) that it had to do with uranium.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3597553

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 31 Oct 2017, 17:44

^It's a case of a lawbreaker calling a criminal "crooked"

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 31 Oct 2017, 20:19

PilbaraBass wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 17:42
...On the subject of exactly what WAS this "dirt"... some speculate (including Trump, who's in backpedal/smokescreen mode) that it had to do with uranium.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.3597553
The timeline is revealing that:

1 - Trump campaign found out about the Hillary emails (Papadopoulos)
2 - meetings occurred (which have been lied about)
3 - Trump campaign changes its platform re Ukraine and Russian sanctions
4 - Hillary's emails hit the news. Russian bots hit social media en masse
5 - Trump wins election.

If this is proven then Trump is toast.

Duesenberg MC Starplayer, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

veebass

Post by veebass » 01 Nov 2017, 04:42

vin-tone wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 20:19

If this is proven then Trump is toast.

If that were to occur, would the outcome be that Pence becomes President? Or is he gone too because he benefitted from the Trump campaign?

eric

Post by eric » 01 Nov 2017, 08:11

veebass wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 04:42
If that were to occur, would the outcome be that Pence becomes President? Or is he gone too because he benefitted from the Trump campaign?
He's likely, pending any questions that he personally was involved, to be ignored. Despite the endemic corruption of the Nixon administration, Ford was able to succeed him, and renominate for the 1976 campaign,

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 01 Nov 2017, 08:19

doesn't anyone find it ironic that an elected official is in trouble because of the way in which they discovered that the opponent was crooked?

I wonder, if Hillary had been elected and this would have come to light, would have been swept under the carpet as to not tarnish the rep of the standing president?

It's all a bit ironic... and make no mistake... double standards AND double impropriety (can't ignore this fact) is at play.

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 01 Nov 2017, 08:29

No it's about breaking the law. Colluding with a foreign government to influence an election in the USA.
Also - lying about breaking the law.

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 01 Nov 2017, 08:40

veebass wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 04:42
...If that were to occur, would the outcome be that Pence becomes President? Or is he gone too because he benefitted from the Trump campaign?
Well that depends if he did anything wrong. I believe he has largely kept out of it but Meuller could be sitting on intel. Also depends on what these guys reveal when they start to squawk. This stage of the investigation is to pin a massive jail term on Manafort, scare the pants off him and get him to tell all.

The other guy we haven't heard about for a long time is Micheal Flynn. He had the kitchen sink thrown at him - was actually being on the payroll of other countries while being Trumps National Security Advisor. That guy is in large trouble. You can bet the only reason we havent heard anything is bc he's being very helpful.

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 01 Nov 2017, 08:48

PilbaraBass wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 08:19
...I wonder, if Hillary had been elected and this would have come to light, would have been swept under the carpet as to not tarnish the rep of the standing president?...
Absolutely. Most of the dirt on Hillary was released on the eve of the election anyway. And as the FBI stated at the time - there wasn't really anything in it of interest to them.

Trump tower was already under investigation by the FBI because of the communication and financial transactions to foreign agents. Win or lose they still broke the law.

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 01 Nov 2017, 09:00

PilbaraBass wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 17:42
vin-tone wrote:
31 Oct 2017, 10:27

I feel for (but laugh at) these guys

MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs