Aussie Post - so s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
Phatbass

Aussie Post - so s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w

Post by Phatbass » 20 Nov 2008, 16:44

I recently bought an item from an OzBass Forum member. It was sent as soon as I made payment, so no complaints there. :thumbup:

Then Australia Post took TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS to get it from Wagga, NSW to Perth in WA. C'mon guys; it's not like it's Angola or Nigeria or something. The package was only a Digitech (sorta Boss size) effect pedal, not a pool table or a stuffed rhinoceros.

If someone hasn't edjumacated ya by now, them airy-plane thingies can get here in a few hours nowadays. Perth's a BIG city, ya can't miss it; just head west and if ya feet get wet you've gone too far. I usually get stuff from the USA as fast or faster than from the eastern states. :banghead:

Oh well; rant over.
Phatbass

"Better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

ROON

Re: Aussie Post - so s-l-o-o-o-w-w-w

Post by ROON » 20 Nov 2008, 16:56

Two weeks? That's nuts. When I bought my SR4 from the Bass Centre in Melbourne, they didn't have the colour I wanted in stock, so they told me they were going to call their supplier and get one for me, then it would be shipped to them, then from them to me. They said maximum one week ETA.

Took two days. :partydance:
- Josh

Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave » 20 Nov 2008, 17:35

Yeah man, it's bullshit... my brother is studying in Perth and just a normal letter from here in Mlebourne takes a week and a half...
I work at the BassCentre
Fender, GK, Aguilar, Sadowsky, blah blah blah

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 20 Nov 2008, 17:36

Yeah I'm 100% with U on this one. I've ordered a few things from the USA. The SVTII I got from FLorida-private sale. Guy sent it & it took............ wait for it............. 6 days-INCLUDING A WEEKEND!!!!!!! to get to my work!!!!!!!!! Thats FLORIDA USA - not Florida St in the next suburb Oz Post!!!! This was thru Fed-EX!! I was AMAZED!!! Then it'll take a set of Bass strings 10 working days-sent on a Monday, arrived the Friday week, from Sydney to Hobart-OZ Post!!!
Another- Bass sent(USPS this time) from a private sale again, on a Thursday..... arrived at my work the following Thursday- FROM Pheonix Arizona USA- to Hobart, Tasmania. A set of Double bass strings sent(according to post stamp) on 14th of "Blah" from MELBOURNE, I recieve 'em on the 29th.......... Oz Post again. This was after MUCH phoning & seeking as to the whereabouts of the rather Expensive Dbl bass strings.... no help there.. I eventually found the parcel myself by driving to the nearest Post office to my work. They were there....sitting there-all lonely ;-( APPARENTLY.. they tried to deliver them, but left NO CARD- the post at my work is DARN reliable- thats why I get stuff sent there- APPARENTLY they didn't try to deliver again... just left 'em at the nearest P.O. - I s'pose in the HOPE that I'd suss it all out & find 'em myself!!!!!! :-0

Of course there HAVE been numerous successful dealings with Oz Post for me, as I do buy a fair few strings etc off the net. BUT there have been OTHER bad one's like above also!
I just find it INCREDIBLE that a 100lb (packaged) amp can make it from Florida to Hobart in 6 days(4 working days!!!) yet a set of strings/pedal etc may take 2 weeks to get from Brisbane/Perth/Sydney, even MELBOURNE to Hobart. Gee is that "sea" stuff THAT hard to get across??? I think Planes actually FLY-YES LIKE A BIRD apparently- over the stuff.............
Mean & Surly

blizzard

Post by blizzard » 20 Nov 2008, 18:33

Ahh... Australia Post. I ordered strings from Bass Gear Direct, got posted with Aussie post (Sydney to Brisbane) after 10 days they weren't here so George was great about it and sent another set by Express Post Platinum, still took about 4 days and they're tracking system was terrible. The original set of strings got to me a month after they were first post. :(

On the other hand my Octavius Squeezer arrived the next day at my doorstep via express post.

Soong

Post by Soong » 21 Nov 2008, 00:18

I bought a pedal off Rayle here on ozbass...i wonder how long it'll take from QLD to NSW...
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram

Rick

Post by Rick » 22 Nov 2008, 13:20

It's strange, I haven't had one bad experience with Aussie Post yet, and I use them A LOT.

22pauld22

Post by 22pauld22 » 30 Nov 2008, 21:30

I must admit I only get bills posted to my home adress .. i think the postman smokes half of the letters ..

I posted out some cds that I sold on ebay the other day .. one bounced back .. the sticker said insuficient address .. it looks like a perfectly good address to me .. and when I googled the address google even showed me a picture of the house ..

I emailed the buyer .. they confirmed the address was right laughed that I knew what their house looked like
so I said I'd send it again .. this time it magically arrived ???

auspost they are skilled just not at postal type things
maton jb4 godin bg5 a double bass and a yammy trb6p
will get a mailloux one day !

Mikey

Post by Mikey » 04 Dec 2008, 13:06

Sometimes they can be a bit slow, but compared to the postal services in other parts of the world I think Australia Post is pretty good. They are very reliable and their prices are quite reasonable.

Mani

Post by Mani » 09 Dec 2008, 18:43

Hi, I work for Aus Post.

True:)

reens

Post by reens » 09 Jan 2009, 17:55

ok, I'm starting to feel like a professional complainer sometimes. I just came back from the POffice because a registered letter came in 3 days late. No notification in the mail to say come and get it, I had to check it all myself. Mention it instore and they give me a card with their generic 13 number so I can lodge my complaint. Even though the local PO are responsible for not sending out a notification thingy. Come home, ring up, on hold 10 minutes, speak to op and explain issue, then got cut off. Ring up again, explain the whole deal etc etc etc.

I have noticed many people complaining about how crap AP are, because frankly they're all correct, AP are CRAP. Letters, parcels and deliveries take sooo much longer than they used to about 15 years ago, before everything was privatised. Everything is late now. Even express envelopes between capital cities, 2 3 or even 4 days late.

Pathetic.

So, I'm hassling Choice magazine to do an investigation into AP's service claims and hopeless delivery record.

Problem is, they won't do an investigation until enough people suggest it.

So then, go here http://www.choice.com.au/perseussurveys ... A-Campaign and register yer ire.

AP have a bloody monopoly in some departments, and they gotta pick up their act. :bat: