Summer jobs

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
thenosebleedkid

Summer jobs

Post by thenosebleedkid » 13 Nov 2008, 19:06

I'm a tutor, at a tutoring centre - so that job ends over summer. I need a summer job. I had one at a call centre that I worked my first (and last) shift at today. I'm not picky but I traveled an hour and a half to get there, and they sent me, and a few others, home after 2 hours of work because we were under performing, and there wasn't even sales involved.

So basically whose got some ideas? I've got until March free, plenty of time (weekends are out until December 14th cause of my tutoring job) don't mind where I work or what I do, cash in hand preferable because otherwise taxation ends me/ Hours fairly flexible, plenty of experience.

I keep searching on seek or the Uni job page, but there's always a qualification involved that I don't have.

Little help?

Phil
Site Admin

Re: Summer jobs

Post by Phil » 13 Nov 2008, 21:39

Restaurants will always need kitchenhands and makka's will always need burger filppers. :D

I'm sorry to have to break it down to you like that but taxes are a fact of life my friend :yep Iget screwed as much as everyone else here too. Don't worry as a casual worker you'll pay a lot less than the rest.

thenosebleedkid

Post by thenosebleedkid » 13 Nov 2008, 21:55

Yeah it basically (with the job I quit today) ended up being $9 an hour, and since they insit on sending people home I traveled about 2.5 hours total for $18.....

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 13 Nov 2008, 21:59

I'm sure there's a restaurant at less than 10 minutes walk from your place. The newspaper is not always the best place to find a job. Just walk into some shops with your resume and talk to the manager.

You don't want to work in a call center do you? I did that once in my life for about 2 hours too and I tought it was the shittiest job I ever had, even shittier than picking bananas in Tully when I was a backpacker.

Daveze

Post by Daveze » 13 Nov 2008, 22:03

What're you studying at uni?

Are you able to chase summer work in that field? It kills two birds with one stone: cashola and experience (aka more cash later).

Else, there's always labouring, the pay is good but the work is crap.

thenosebleedkid

Post by thenosebleedkid » 14 Nov 2008, 09:42

I'm doing arts, basically to learn what I need to do for my masters in education, so my current job provides me with tons of experience.

I'm looking at some restaurants around my pad next week, most labourers jobs require personal transport (which I don't have!)

Soong

Post by Soong » 15 Nov 2008, 08:52

Coles and stuff are always looking for Xmas casuals...have a look there? and similar places
Keep in touch with me online!
Facebook
YouTube
Instagram