Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Sit Back and Relax, Non-Bass Related Chat
veebass

Re: Political Coverage By the Media in Our Country - PART TWO

Post by veebass » 01 Nov 2017, 15:16

Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 01 Nov 2017, 17:42

vin-tone wrote:
01 Nov 2017, 08:29
No it's about breaking the law. Colluding with a foreign government to influence an election in the USA.
Also - lying about breaking the law.
exactly... law breaking on all sides in all ways possible...

hillary and trumpy both know that they're both crooked, but they keep insisting on deflecting to the other...
lock them both up...
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

veebass

Post by veebass » 07 Nov 2017, 09:28

Couldn't resist.
Been having lots of fun on Facebook discussing Qld State politics with the neo nazis.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 07 Nov 2017, 11:52

So, it looks like the dual citizenship audit process I suggested in this thread back in August is what's going to happen. How appalling that it's taken this long.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

veebass

Post by veebass » 07 Nov 2017, 12:35

Aussie Mark wrote:
07 Nov 2017, 11:52
So, it looks like the dual citizenship audit process I suggested in this thread back in August is what's going to happen. How appalling that it's taken this long.
It is getting dangerous for Malcolm and he wants to put it to bed asap now, rather than play politics with it, like he did over Shorten's documents. Hmm.... all the current rhetoric about witch hunts doesn't sit real well with that.
Anyway, I don't reckon it should turn on "to the best of the MPs knowledge". There is no provision for that in the Constitution. You are either a dual citizen or not. If you are you can't be an MP or a Senator - that simple.
The parties nominate them so the parties should do all the checks beforehand and have them ready for the GG to see before they are sworn in. Independents will need to do it themselves. If the documents aren't ready or have irregularities, the GG should refer the case to the High Court. The person should not sit until they are cleared IMO. This may mean new governments may not form - so there is a clear incentive to have it done.
As for the current mess, I don't think Malcolm's proposal will help much. The people with issues will continue to get picked off by the media until there is an audit. Malcolm won't get political clear air until it is fixed, though.
You have to wonder about the string of Libs that have come to attention straight after the Libs rounded out on the Nats after the court case. Some get square I reckon. All not good in Coalitionland.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 10 Nov 2017, 10:47

3 days and no political posts at all from Veebass? Is the internet signal really that bad on Pauline's bus?

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

veebass

Post by veebass » 10 Nov 2017, 10:52

Aussie Mark wrote:
10 Nov 2017, 10:47
3 days and no political posts at all from Veebass? Is the internet signal really that bad on Pauline's bus?
G'Day!

I think most of what comes out Pauline is so bad - there is nothing much to say.
As for Malcolm- just waiting.

veebass

Post by veebass » 10 Nov 2017, 16:15

Here we go the first public implosion of a One Nation Candidate in the Qld Election. This one was actually in a press conference with Pauline.
This one runs a sex shop and Pauline had no idea. Some very tasteless posts on their Facebook.
This happens with One Nation every time, now why would that be? Dodgy outfit.
Seriously, you would have to be an idiot to vote for them.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/ne ... e35c420042

EDIT:
She has now had a big spray at Channel 7 for asking the questions. That's two networks she is at war with.
She is refusing to disendorse the guy. Hope she sticks to it. We should keep Thuringowa now.

veebass

Post by veebass » 11 Nov 2017, 05:46

Looks like Malcolm is actually getting ready to use his slim numbers in the Reps to refer the 2 Labor MPs he has been making noises about for months - Keay and Lamb. Labor's view has been all along that they come in under the Sykes and Cleary ruling 1992 in that they had taken all reasonable steps to renounce at the time of nomination. If they are referred, the High Court will obviously decide. I wouldn't be putting my house on the legal advice that the Government is getting these days. Clearly, this is simply so as Malcolm can say Labor is as bad as we are and try and neutralise the issue politically. Malcolm has three more of his own plus Sharkey under a cloud right now. If he doesn't throw doubt over a couple of Labor people in the Reps his majority will be under serious question within days, I would expect. At which point the Governor General might act. This is all tactics and desperation. For mine, Labor processes detected the issue ahead of time and the two Labor people took action. The High Court will have to decide in the context of Sykes and Cleary 1992 on whether it was enough, if Malcolm insists. Most of the Libs/ Nats didn't even bother. Anyway, bring on the election. Their forced referral by the Reps will be an ugly precedent from the ugly Party that brought us The Dismissal.
http://www.skynews.com.au/.../three-mps-in-citizenship...

veebass

Post by veebass » 11 Nov 2017, 07:24

This might be worth more attention in our stupid media than whether pat Dodson is a dual citizen because Colin Barnett said something about his father being an "Irish Australian", despite what the documents say.

Saudis and Lebanon/ Iran not looking good.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-10/s ... on/9136322

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41946310

veebass

Post by veebass » 11 Nov 2017, 16:53

Big words after the event from Abbott, who along with Dutton, hid from the protest.
Still waiting for him and Pauline to condemn the Patriot Blue lads.

(For the record I think both sets of extremists are reprehensible)

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... ent_111117

veebass

Post by veebass » 12 Nov 2017, 05:43

The story in this filthy Murdoch rag gets one thing right. Preferences will be critical in the final outcome of the Qld election, although their analysis is typically superficial and typically biased. They say immigration is the voters major issue north of Noosa, in territory where you would rarely see a recent immigrant (LOL), but then go on to sermonise about debt being the big issue and how we all need to pull our belts in- except when we give handouts to News Ltd and the Mining Companies.. Straight out of the Murdoch mantra. They say their polling showed three quarters of ONP voters surveyed would preference LNP and this would get Nicholls over the line, while 60% to the LNP would still see Labor win. I think that is about right, however it will come down to voter behaviour seat by seat. We saw the ONP get 15% of the vote in our seat at the last Federal election and their preferences equally shared when ONP did not direct preferences at all- didn't even hand out how to votes. I understand the preference flow was similar across the State. This time ONP has said It will preference sitting members last in all but 4 seats. Will they chage their position to fully preference the LNP before this is over? Quite possibly, plarticularly as the LNP are preferencing ONP in 50 seats. Will ONP issue how to votes in this election? If so who knows whether ONP voters will follow directions? LNP have finally admitted they are preferencing ONP ahead of Labor in 50 seats. That will hurt them. Labor is preferencing ONP last. I think it is too hard to call this one. I would have liked a more up to date survey of the primary voting intentions. I am guessing we will get one of them next week.

Once again, the LNP passes up a chance to finish off One Nation- they could preference them last as Labor has done and that would be the end of them. Have to ask "why"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/opin ... 485f8abb2e

veebass

Post by veebass » 13 Nov 2017, 05:07

A set of Newspoll results in line with Turnbull's performance.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/lea ... 7ad37d18be

veebass

Post by veebass » 15 Nov 2017, 10:39

Despite the "No" campaign succeeding in changing some people's minds. Australia has spoken in response to a question it should not have had to have been asked.

Andrews has been talking about legislating what amounts to discrimination on the basis of sexual preference dressed as protection of religious freedom. Except this time he is extending it to discrimination on the basis of religion to protect someone else's religious freedom. Wait for the rest of his ilk to crawl out from under their rock. Let his Party try.

Turnbull should actually come out and slap him down. Unfortunately, that would require a spine and an ounce of authority.
Updated: 15/11/2017 10:33
Religious protections
Sky News Digital

Kevin Andrews says religious freedoms should be protected in legalising same sex marriage, saying Dean Smith's bill is 'woefully inadequate' in that regard.

He told Sky News a Jewish baker should be able to refuse service to a Muslim 'and vice versa' when it comes to wedding cakes.

'This goes to fundamental religious beliefs and beliefs of conscience and it's only in relation to that,' he said.

. @kevinandrewsmp : A Jewish baker should be able to deny an Islamic customer a wedding cake and vice versa. MORE: https://t.co/wX3tAbXkD4 pic.twitter.com/5lIekTmeRS

— Sky News Australia (@SkyNewsAust) November 15, 2017
http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stor ... age_151117.

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 15 Nov 2017, 11:04

Now we get to watch the Liberal Party implode.
Duesenberg MC Starplayer, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda