True bypass loopers? Anyone want to make me one?

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
Veldar

True bypass loopers? Anyone want to make me one?

Post by Veldar » 07 Mar 2016, 22:08

I'm after a 4 channel looper to better use the full space of my Pedaltrain pro, however all the Aussie companies I saw offering the strips don't offer/make a loop that allows trails from reverb/delays.

I have my Zoom CDR with a Jeff Caxide patch that I use a lot & if the reverb was cut off after I turned it off it would kill the cool transition I have going with it :)

So if anyone knows a builder in Aus that could make one for me, or if you're interested please let me know.

Cheers, Sam.
Originally this was where all the people I've sold/gotten gear from that went well, but I haven't met a bad person yet :D

Thanks to giggawazza for the Bongo.

irvinz

Re: True bypass loopers? Anyone want to make me one?

Post by irvinz » 07 Mar 2016, 22:47

if it allows trails from reverbs and delays.... it would no longer be true bypass :)

Petebass

Post by Petebass » 07 Mar 2016, 23:09

Paging Rude Mechanical.
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

Rude_Mechanical

Post by Rude_Mechanical » 07 Mar 2016, 23:25

I don't have the setup to make things professionally at the moment, still finding my feet.

Yes, you have to tie the looper's output to the pedal's output, making it no longer true bypass. You could run a separate switch to change between the two settings, however. Any pedal maker worthy of the name could easily do the mod for you if you ask. I hear good things about Loopi.
"Turn everything to 11, dump instruments in front of the amp and manipulate pedals for 5 minutes" - me.

Veldar

Post by Veldar » 08 Mar 2016, 09:55

irvinz wrote:if it allows trails from reverbs and delays.... it would no longer be true bypass :)
Can't argue with facts :)

I was basically after a 4 looper pedal with the last loop allowing trails, Loopi seem like they wouldn't do one offs like that but it can't hurt to ask, but it doesn't hurt to ask if any forum members make them :D
Originally this was where all the people I've sold/gotten gear from that went well, but I haven't met a bad person yet :D

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 08 Mar 2016, 16:03

I have a Loopi splitter, very low tech but I'm sure if you rang them they would be able to help customise one of their products.
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

El Raro

Post by El Raro » 13 Apr 2016, 14:05

On a side note, I've been listening to a lot of ISIS lately and trying to incorporate some of Jeff Caxide's signature modulation transitions. In my case it usually involves engaging the EQ, delay and either chorus or flanger all at the same time in a short transitionary period. Its proving to be an absolute headache and not realistically possible in a live setting unless I leave the EQ pedal engaged as-is for the duration of my session (which is not ideal for the tone I'm going for). A looper of sorts to engage multiple effects at once would be fantastic but never even considered the trail-on effect from reverb getting cut.
EBMM Stingray 4H : MIM Fender Jazz : Ampeg SVT-CL : Bergantino NV610 : Lotsa pedals

Veldar

Post by Veldar » 22 Apr 2016, 08:10

El Raro wrote:On a side note, I've been listening to a lot of ISIS lately and trying to incorporate some of Jeff Caxide's signature modulation transitions. In my case it usually involves engaging the EQ, delay and either chorus or flanger all at the same time in a short transitionary period. Its proving to be an absolute headache and not realistically possible in a live setting unless I leave the EQ pedal engaged as-is for the duration of my session (which is not ideal for the tone I'm going for). A looper of sorts to engage multiple effects at once would be fantastic but never even considered the trail-on effect from reverb getting cut.
I use a Zoom CDR for the reason, having the chorus and short verb on one pedal together makes it rather easy to do, I still cut the bass on my active pickups with my hand though. I'm a huge fan of using reverb or delay when shifting between dirty and clean effects, seems to flow better for the music I write.

I did end up getting a looper that had allowed trails of gumtree :)