Wayne Jones Audio

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
Classic5

Re: Wayne Jones Audio

Post by Classic5 » 12 Dec 2015, 11:55

Jockerz wrote:Also here's some other useful links to get in touch with Wayne
http://www.waynejonesaudio.com (news & reviews)
https://www.facebook.com/WayneJonesAudio/

Wayne is a really top bloke and a terrific musician. Thanks for the links. Fodera basses with WJ cabs........now thats a match made in heaven :thumbup:
IB-Classic#001, Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"Money will buy a fine dog but only kindness will make him wag his tail"

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 19 Jul 2016, 15:41

Thread revival - has anyone else had any experience in either the 2 x 10 or 1 x 10 powered cabs at all? I was looking at getting a new 4 x 10 cab but these look pretty interesting...

Ade22

Post by Ade22 » 21 Jul 2016, 22:24

Ive been lucky enough to use the 2x10 set with the preamp for the past few months ... amazing clarity and you hear the true sound of the bass. fabulous quality and well worth the price. Sound technicians love the gear as well ...well worth a listen and a play through them if you can do it. The wheels help with portability as well ..

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 22 Jul 2016, 15:03

Thanks mate. I've been talking direct to Wayne over the last few days to get a feel of his gear. Unfortunately the closest person to me is about 7 hours drive, so I'll be taking a leap of faith on these. That said, after speaking to him I get the feeling that this is the right direction for me at the moment.

I'm looking at getting the two single 10" cabs, one active, one passive, so I have a small single speaker for small rooms/gigs/rehearsals etc. and bring the other cabinet out for the bigger stuff. According to Wayne you get the same volume and clarity with the 2 singles cabs as you do with the single 2 x 10 but a bit more top end due to the two horns.

I am interested in his preamp as well, although I have just received a Sansamp BassFly Rig so I'm not sure if I will be doubling up at all.

Have you had any issues? And what size venues are you filling with the 2 x 10?

Ade22

Post by Ade22 » 22 Jul 2016, 19:57

Sounds great and talking to Wayne you always get great advice and great service. Zero issues - 15 odd gigs in medium clubs and bigger pubs and even out to Souths Juniors main auditorium ...next to a loud Marshall sick and all I did was turn up a bit and all good ..maybe if an outdoor gig that needed a my own rig, i would need 2 boxes but at this stage nothing as dramatic as that ... Im in sydney and couldn't get to Wayne so I took a leap of faith and it was fabulous