Vase Amps & Cabs

Basses, Amps, Accessories etc...
Reno1962

Vase Amps & Cabs

Post by Reno1962 » 17 Nov 2014, 17:15

My band supported Mason Rack yesterday & I was talking to Mason & Jamie about their amps

Which are Vase amps

Does anyone use these amps?

Do like them, I only used Markbass how do they compare?

http://www.vase.com.au

datildoit

Re: Vase Amps & Cabs

Post by datildoit » 17 Nov 2014, 17:26

Had a Vase 610 as supplied backline earlier this year with a Genz Benz amp. The cab looked exactly like a Ampeg but with Vase logo. Sounded great. Never heard the Amps though.

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 17 Nov 2014, 17:55

Dunno how applicable it is today but my 1st amp was a Vase Bassman 120 with 4 6CA7 power tubes. This was in late 70s...... Was a great amp.
Mean & Surly

Reno1962

Post by Reno1962 » 17 Nov 2014, 21:21

rodl2005 wrote:Dunno how applicable it is today but my 1st amp was a Vase Bassman 120 with 4 6CA7 power tubes. This was in late 70s...... Was a great amp.
The new ones are apparently modelled from the 70's cabs & amps :shrug:

noplanb

Post by noplanb » 17 Nov 2014, 21:35

Current model - 1100W into 4ohms:
http://www.vase.com.au/products/dynabassclassic.php
I see..............basses!

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 18 Nov 2014, 08:13

I used Harry Brus' Vase 410 cab one night at the Vanguard when we opened for KB. Sounded really good, but they are not light weight cabs.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

lespaulmarshall

Post by lespaulmarshall » 18 Nov 2014, 10:16

I actually 'shared a trough' with the Vase amps dude, he was realyl nice. They are the in house amps at The Triffid. JC of Powerderfinger said he loved the tone from my Orange rig more (was a nice complement!).

But yeah - the Vase stuff sounded great. In my limited play time on it, was a mix betwween a vintage Ampeg tone to a modern tone, leaning more towards the old school sound. That was with my G&L SB-1. It did sound great and was a big sound. That was with an 8x10, so it was always going to sound big!
I stand up next to a mountain,
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand...

bassmaniac69

Post by bassmaniac69 » 19 Nov 2014, 01:30

A bit OT but how awesome is Mason!! I haven't seen him for a while though, in sure he's getting better with age! Where did you guys play?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reno1962

Post by Reno1962 » 20 Nov 2014, 10:18

bassmaniac69 wrote:A bit OT but how awesome is Mason!! I haven't seen him for a while though, in sure he's getting better with age! Where did you guys play?

We played at the Orana in Blacksmiths, near Newcastle which is where we're based.

Awesome gig as it exposed us to Mason's fans and he let us use his PA and did the sound for us and his band were fantastic great show and great crowd participation and the best yet they've asked us to support them when the come down next. :partydance:

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 20 Nov 2014, 12:37

Reno1962 wrote:
bassmaniac69 wrote:A bit OT but how awesome is Mason!! I haven't seen him for a while though, in sure he's getting better with age! Where did you guys play?

We played at the Orana in Blacksmiths, near Newcastle which is where we're based.

Awesome gig as it exposed us to Mason's fans and he let us use his PA and did the sound for us and his band were fantastic great show and great crowd participation and the best yet they've asked us to support them when the come down next. :partydance:
Pretty good pub venue that one. The couple of times I've played there the crowd has been right into it - including a bloke who likes to jump from the pool table to the ceiling beams and hang there shirtless for a while. Don't ask me why.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

lespaulmarshall

Post by lespaulmarshall » 22 Nov 2014, 21:03

Aussie Mark wrote:
Reno1962 wrote:

Pretty good pub venue that one. The couple of times I've played there the crowd has been right into it - including a bloke who likes to jump from the pool table to the ceiling beams and hang there shirtless for a while. Don't ask me why.
Because beer?
I stand up next to a mountain,
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand...

Frobie

Post by Frobie » 09 Feb 2017, 11:13

There is a small mention of early 60's Vase amps on the Lenard Audio website link below. I still own an old 60's Lenard Bass amp head made in Sydney..an SGB 150. Great early Aussie made gear. Hopefully I didnt hijack this thread..I intended only to add to it. :)

http://lenardaudio.com/history.html
http://www.ozvalveamps.org/lenard.htm