Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Rocksolid

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Rocksolid » 21 Aug 2017, 17:33

Can't remember the last time I posted this. I have squeezed my Tighter Arse under my spark booster. I got mine made with the knob in a different position, and it was perfect for this. I also picked up a barely used Strymon Ojai power supply, and I have put that under my G50. Didn't want a bigger board, didn't want to buy a board. I'm pretty happy with how it eventually worked out.

And photo bucket is still working for me....

Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

grooveinsyd

Post by grooveinsyd » 21 Aug 2017, 18:03

Rocksolid wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 17:33
Can't remember the last time I posted this. I have squeezed my Tighter Arse under my spark booster. I got mine made with the knob in a different position, and it was perfect for this. I also picked up a barely used Strymon Ojai power supply, and I have put that under my G50. Didn't want a bigger board, didn't want to buy a board. I'm pretty happy with how it eventually worked out.

May I ask what patch cable are you using? It's so space-saving.

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 21 Aug 2017, 18:53

EBS patch leads, yeah they're pretty tiny, and flat cable to boot.
B: Fender Mustangs, Narcdor Precision, Lindsey Precision, Nash Jazz, Framus Star Bass, EBMM Stingray
A: O'Neill B15 copy, Mesa Walkabout, Ampeg Repro 15, Fender Neo 15
FX: TC Electronic clip on tuner and lotsa fuzz

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 21 Aug 2017, 20:38

narcdor wrote:
21 Aug 2017, 18:53
EBS patch leads, yeah they're pretty tiny, and flat cable to boot.
Yep, what he said. And quality too. They actually solved a minor noise issue I was having also.
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 21 Aug 2017, 20:55

There are some new gold plated EBS patch cables about, no idea if they are better or not. They must be because they're more expensive :neener:
B: Fender Mustangs, Narcdor Precision, Lindsey Precision, Nash Jazz, Framus Star Bass, EBMM Stingray
A: O'Neill B15 copy, Mesa Walkabout, Ampeg Repro 15, Fender Neo 15
FX: TC Electronic clip on tuner and lotsa fuzz

grooveinsyd

Post by grooveinsyd » 21 Aug 2017, 21:27

great! :angry:
Now I have to buy something AGAIN :hmm

I'm also working on a compact pedalboard, just 5 pedals , 6 tops including a tuner and a tighter arse
@Rocksolid Love the way you stack up you pedals, definitely gonna borrow that in the future.
Right now, I'm trying to convert my diago commuter to a holeyboard style. Will post it later!

simotek

Post by simotek » 25 Aug 2017, 20:31

Rocksolid wrote:

Where did you get that XLR cable? been looking for a right angled one for ages.

simotek

Post by simotek » 25 Aug 2017, 20:43

Here's my latest board, for general use and learning to make ambient soundscapes

Order is: Tight Ar$e -> MS-3 (input) -> MS-3 Loop 2 [Le Bass (FX Send) -> MXR Bass Comp] -> MS-3 Loop 3 [Digitech Obscura] -> Digitech Polara -> Neunaber Iconoclast -> Le Bass (FX Return) -> Le Bass DI

I am running out of the Le Bass FX Send back into the MS-3 so that I can use the DI on the Le Bass at the end. The MS-3, Polara and Iconoclast are wired in stereo when I'm messing around at home with ambient / postrock stuff i'll run straight out of the Iconoclast in stereo. For "normal" playing I don't use the obsucra or polara and the MS-3 is mostly just a switcher / Programmable EQ and sometimes A second compressor seen as there doesn't seem to be a MS-3 thread I'll create one and go into more detail there for those interested.

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 26 Aug 2017, 02:10

simotek wrote:
25 Aug 2017, 20:31
Rocksolid wrote:

Where did you get that XLR cable? been looking for a right angled one for ages.
Neutrik make them, I grabbed on at my local electronics shop, and made a short lead. These Neutrik ones you can choose the position of the bend in relation to the pins.

I use this so the dancers we have on stage can't jump on my DI connection and snap it off!

Shappo

Post by Shappo » 09 Sep 2017, 16:48

As of recently I currently no longer use pedals. So I don't own any pedals now.

To have a laugh :lol: here is most of my pedalboards that I've had over the years. There are a few missing due to my photobucket issues. It is quiet shameful - as most of you have seen me flood the classifieds over the years.

Most of those boards were for when I was playing prog rock/exp stuff, except for the PT metro which was for a funk band. Now I just play boring jazz standards and bit with my teaching job - no need for FX.

Enjoy the history of my GAS.

Sadowsky MV4, Squire Affinity Jazz - Fender TV15

Outbush

Post by Outbush » 10 Sep 2017, 21:57

I have a SansAmp Programmable DI which has 3 channels giving me a few vintage and modern tone options including a lovely '70s overdriven tone on top of my natural amp sound. I feel like I'm still a way off really using my Moog Mini-Murf 105M but its a ton of fun. It does chorus sounds, wahs, all sorts of things actually but I have to stop being lazy, sit down and program in a few specific effects I want and mess with it more with the band. I also have a Diamond Compressor, the older version not the newer bass specific but it does really nicely at fattening things up whilst being really simple to use. It also sits behind the moog to keep the volumes level on some settings.
Fender 2008 American Standard Jazz 4.
Ibanez SR755.
Tivoli Instruments EUB.
Euphonic Audio Doubler.
Wizzy 10.
Wizzy 12 M-Line.

FunkyJase

Post by FunkyJase » 13 Sep 2017, 13:59

This is the simple, lightweight "basic" board...
The other one go "The Chop" ;-)
Fender CIJ 57RI P Bass, Warmoth Fretless PJ Bass, Bitsa Frankenbass PJ, Warwick $$ & 75' Fender Jazz Reissue.

Markbass LM Big Bang, GK MB500, Schroeder 1210pl, Eden EX112, Boss LMB-3, SGFX Beta, EMG GZR, Boss blah blah blah

DanMan82

Post by DanMan82 » 07 Nov 2017, 19:21

Haven't posted in here for a while.

Here's my current board - plenty of dirt options and not much else. Exactly what I need.

Bass: USA G&L L-2000 / Fender Am Deluxe P / Fender Jaguar Bass / Fender Am Std P / Fender Roadworn Jazz / Fender Bullet Deluxe
Amps: Fender Super Bassman 300 / Fender Bassman 500
Cab: Fender Neo 610

braiden

Post by braiden » 14 Nov 2017, 23:19

'72 Rickenbacker 4001 | MIJ Fender Precision | Ampeg SVT

kat888

Post by kat888 » 08 Dec 2017, 16:51

Chorus out, flanger in.

Thunderbirds are GO

Cataldo NR41 KatBird, Epiphone ThunderKat II
Diamond BCP-1 Compressor, TCE Vortex Flanger
Traynor YBA200 + Ampeg SVT212AV