Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Rick

Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by Rick » 31 Oct 2008, 15:44

Let's see those effects! I'm in the early stages of building my board so not much to show here, just an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal and a Sadowsky D.I. (which aren't even effects lol!).

:partydance: :partydance:

rodl2005

Re: Post your Effects setup! (boards, racks, doowhackeys)

Post by rodl2005 » 31 Oct 2008, 15:55

Hi Y'all again. AS B4- Until I get meself a photobuckit account.....no pics sorry.... :(

BUT what WILL be seen soon is:-

Humphreys Audio Modded Badder Bass Monkey Tube Bass Overdrive- cool 'cranked' tube a,p sounding OD with ZERO bass loss!!!!

EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX BassBalls
Digitech Bass Synth wah
WILSON bass Q-WAH - excellent bass wah Wilson Audio.com-US based
Fender-PT-100 tuner
Behringer-BDDI21 DI OD.-been working & saving the day when DI's needed for 4 yrs so far!
Boss- Line select
Boss Latch on/off pedal- to turn Graphic EQ on/off on the SVTII(non-Pro)
Mean & Surly

Rick

Post by Rick » 31 Oct 2008, 16:02

Hey man, the photobucket accounts are free. You can sign up and start straight away :)

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 31 Oct 2008, 16:11

Yeah I know-well thought as much. Just- I'm a groundsman at a govt School & so aint "meant' to be 'on' the computer........ so I'll get around to it Then I'll edit my posts!! :rolleyes
Mean & Surly

blizzard

Post by blizzard » 31 Oct 2008, 16:20

No pics at the moment but its not a very impressive board (...yet)

Octavius Squeezer
Soda Meiser Plus (Fuzz)
Boss DD3

I do have Digitech bass drive but theres no real point for it seeing the Soda Meiser and OS can both do fuzz, I do want to try a blend with the Soda Meiser too.

anarchyok

Post by anarchyok » 01 Nov 2008, 07:59

I'll try and get some good pics later today to add, by mine is...(in signal order)

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MI Audio Tubezone
Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff
Boss OC3 Super Octave
Jim Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah
Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus
Boss LMB3 Bass Limiter Enhance (wanting to swap for Boss GEB7 Eq - anyone?)
Boss DD20 Gigadelay

all mounted on a pedaltrain 2, powered by a trex Fuel Tank. Now with blue neon lights added underneath :)
Warwick, Bergantino, Darkglass Electronics, Wren and Cuff.

Rick

Post by Rick » 01 Nov 2008, 09:14

Here's a question for you effects guys... I've got a Sadowsky outboard preamp that I want to run in conjuction with a couple of Boss pedals and an envelope filter. Should I put the preamp at the start of the chain, or at the end? I'm thinking the start as I want to basically treat it as an onboard preamp, but outboard.. But then if I want to use the D.I. I won't have any of the effects going to the desk, as they're after the D.I... :shrug:

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 01 Nov 2008, 16:50

My setup is simple

Bass >> Zoom
Zoom DI >> F.O.H
Zoom Line Out >> Laney HCM65 (foldback amp)

Since I only play at church, there's no need to change it up. I use this setup on all my basses and occasionally on my Yammy PAC112J guitar...
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

anthowl

Post by anthowl » 01 Nov 2008, 18:23

fender J bass> Ibanez Weeping Demon> MXR Dynacomp> Guyatone Bottom Limiter> Line6 Ubermetal> Ashdown amp.
every block fits. every black minute.

Rick

Post by Rick » 02 Nov 2008, 17:25

PICS PICS PICS!!! :D :D :D

Fun Size Nick

Post by Fun Size Nick » 02 Nov 2008, 23:59

Come on, the cat who uses his effects the least puts his pics up first? For shame... :D

Here's mine:

The one on the right goes everywhere with me, the two on the left tend not to get used that much...I think if I was playing in certain settings, I'd use them way more. I really dig the bass balls for the filter + distortion sound it produces - such a simple little pedal but it sound juuust right for what I'm after :D

I previously had a Crybaby 105Q (the white one) but I ended up mainly using it like an envelope filter, so sold it and got the Q-Tron a bit later down the track instead.

niftydog

Post by niftydog » 03 Nov 2008, 13:40

My new board is a work in progress, and my old board has been disassembled. :(
Rick wrote:Should I put the preamp at the start of the chain, or at the end? I'm thinking the start as I want to basically treat it as an onboard preamp, but outboard.. But then if I want to use the D.I. I won't have any of the effects going to the desk, as they're after the D.I... :shrug:
That's a dillema many of us have faced. Some people are happy not to have their effects going to FOH.

Ultimately a box such as the Sadowsky is either a DI box or a preamp, not both. Pick one and buy something else to do the other job!

Others like the EBS MicroBass have an effects loop so you can supposedly have your cake and eat it, but I've never found an effects loop that I like the sound of and the MicroBass's loop is no exception.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 03 Nov 2008, 15:21

Been rejigging my board, so no pic as yet. Waiting for a footswitch to arrive before I attach everything to the board.

What's on the board:

Rock Dog power supply ( http://www.rockdog.com.au/products/pedal_boards.htm )
Aphex Punch Factory
Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver
Boss ME-20B
Voodooman dual footswitch (to up/down through the saved patches on the ME-20B)
Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk MkII

I don't have much need for chorus, phaser, flanger, delay or octaver, so for those rare occasions the ME-20B is adequate for my needs, plus I can use it's tuner and volume pedal in the chain as well, to save space on the pedal board.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

Rick

Post by Rick » 03 Nov 2008, 16:51

Yeah, I'm thinking of just using it at the start of my chain (before effects) and use the D.I. on my amp. The Sadowsky sounds so damn good as a preamp, I'll probably leave it on all the time. It'll give me a fatter signal for the effects that way.
niftydog wrote:My new board is a work in progress, and my old board has been disassembled. :(
Rick wrote:Should I put the preamp at the start of the chain, or at the end? I'm thinking the start as I want to basically treat it as an onboard preamp, but outboard.. But then if I want to use the D.I. I won't have any of the effects going to the desk, as they're after the D.I... :shrug:
That's a dillema many of us have faced. Some people are happy not to have their effects going to FOH.

Ultimately a box such as the Sadowsky is either a DI box or a preamp, not both. Pick one and buy something else to do the other job!

Others like the EBS MicroBass have an effects loop so you can supposedly have your cake and eat it, but I've never found an effects loop that I like the sound of and the MicroBass's loop is no exception.

shtewe

Post by shtewe » 04 Nov 2008, 08:36

fender highway 1 jazz->american big muff -> agent 00Funk -> hartke A100 combo amp.

i love the tones i can get out of the big muff and the funk but i want a bass big muff. i find the muff takes too much bass and i kind of like bass since i am zi bass for my band