Whats the deal with Eden Bass amps?

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
blizzard

Re: Whats the deal with Eden Bass amps?

Post by blizzard » 27 May 2018, 16:08

Wow didn't realise so many people here play GK heads let alone move from Eden to GK.

ozrider

Post by ozrider » 27 May 2018, 23:33

thedudeabides wrote:
27 May 2018, 10:16
My 2c, and I know this I going to be unpopular.
I bought the hype around the WT-550.
Worst amp I’ve owned, and I’ve owned a few.
Jack-all headroom, it used to trip the thermal protection during gigs. So much time in sounchecks and linechecks trying to pull a decent sound, and that’s with a P Bass. Shat itself in the short time I owned it (maybe 4 months). Had it fixed and flipped it, and bought an 800RB as fast as I could.

(Edit) come to think of it, WT550 2nd worst. Trace V-series hybrid was the worst boat anchor I’ve owned, but that’s another bunch of stories.
I keep spotting the WT550 around the usual places, have come close but have never bought one. This really makes me wonder why bother... I'll stick to my Warwick LWA1000 :peep:

jimmy_effected

Post by jimmy_effected » 28 May 2018, 09:28

blizzard wrote:
27 May 2018, 16:08
Wow didn't realise so many people here play GK heads let alone move from Eden to GK.
Played :) moved on to a B|Amp

victim

Post by victim » 28 May 2018, 16:28

On the flip side, I've been happily running my Eden WT600 "Roadrunner" paired with an SWR golight 410 as my gigging and weekly rehearsal rig for around 7 years now.
I believe this was a short lived model prior to the WT800 release. I've never had any issues with it, and love the power of the EQ. Never had a problem with headroom either, but don't have experience with other amps to compare it with (apart from my bedroom rig - Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 + Eden D112XLT).

acmeman

Post by acmeman » 01 Jun 2018, 17:48

I owned a couple of WTB eden bass amps, can't remember the watts, 500 & 250.

I really liked them at first but outgrew the lack parametric eq down the bottom end that bass amps should have.

Surprisingly very few professional bass amps have enough EQ below 200hz.

I found that each amp manufacturer has a particular tonal pallet, especially noticeable in the mid-range. My current Genz Benz 9.2 has the most delicious tonal midrange I have ever heard. Biased? Probably, but every bass player who play through it sound amazing. What I love about the amp is the amount of control I get down low. I get control over the low end from 3 places. Not just one bass cut or boost.

That being said the Eden is not a bad Amp and you can pick them up really cheap. Pair them with a 15" cab and get a great sound. They are very light, D class and have a pleasant mid-range voicing flat.

That to me is the Gold Star range, if the amp sounds great flat, you are super close to the perfect sound.
Custom Medium Scale Jazz, Eastwood Classic4, Ply Upright, Genz Benz Amp