Bass Buddha interview with Jule Potter from Jule amps

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
hamo

Bass Buddha interview with Jule Potter from Jule amps

Post by hamo » 20 Apr 2018, 12:29

Great interview with Jule Potter from Jule amps.....including talk of new products near the end

Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Fender AVRI 58 Precision (FOR SALE) | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

DoctorJohn

Re: Bass Buddha interview with Jule Potter from Jule amps

Post by DoctorJohn » 20 Apr 2018, 14:03

Yeah that was a good interview. I like the discussion about hand wiring and how component placement can affect your tone based on how they "talk to each other". Thanks for sharing that.

basshack

Post by basshack » 20 Apr 2018, 22:06

I have the dove cage and spent best part of 30 minutes on the phone with Jule before buying it. They are not cheap and there were only 7 in the country that he knew of at the time so it wasn't like I could go try one. In the end I brought it on chatting with him and the wrap that TB give him. I've not been disappointed in the slightest and even dressed my baby up in Bamboo last year. I don't need any more amps but I do want to get an M700 one day.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

LowGroove

Post by LowGroove » 21 Apr 2018, 14:58

Yeah great to hear from Jule.

The product is not cheap but the quality is there. Also what doesn't show is the quality of service, both before purchasing and after.

I bought mine with the Demeter Minnie power amp as it was before Jule was doing the M700 (now 2500 and 500 as well). Nothing wrong with Minnie, but I am sure Jule's M series power amps will be better. An example of service was Jule got me to get Demeter to send the Minnie to him (they are only a few hours up the road). He then tested my Dovecage with my Minnie in his workshop on 240V to make sure there were no bugs and then sent them to me together (saving on postage).

I am keen on the potential solid state version (in a large pedal casing I believe). He has been working on it but is not happy yet so will not release it until he is.

jimmy_effected

Post by jimmy_effected » 23 Apr 2018, 11:25

This is excellent - just makes me keen to buy an M700 again