Pitch shifters... Recommendations???

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
BazzBass

Re: Pitch shifters... Recommendations???

Post by BazzBass » 16 Jan 2018, 13:09

raybass wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 09:20
In my other band, we do a whole set in E, then a whole set in D#. =
try Eb, it's MUCH better :)
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

WestOfBen

Post by WestOfBen » 16 Jan 2018, 13:39

Yeah same boat. Not a fan of fivers. You might just have to brush up on that bass swap routine.
Rickenbacker 4003JG, Epiphone Ripper, Marina P/J fretless, Tanglewood ABG, 1960s Rose Music Tempo SS semi-hollow bass, an acoustic guitar, GK 700RB-II, SWR Henry 8x8, some pedals
My band is called Ascribe!

raybass

Post by raybass » 16 Jan 2018, 13:49

WestOfBen wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 13:39
Yeah same boat. Not a fan of fivers. You might just have to brush up on that bass swap routine.
Yeah I think so... I've just minimilised my setup so not too keen on hauling extra pedals around, just seems like a nice solution to my problem if they work as good as in theory.
Warwick LTD 2011 Streamer LX
Jackson Concert Series
Elixir Nanoweb
B|Amp
Bergantino NV 412
Bergantino HD 212
Pitch black rack tuner
Line 6 G 30
Vox Wah
Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus

dan54

Post by dan54 » 16 Jan 2018, 14:31

onehandclapping wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 07:02
I have the drop,comes in handy especially for girl singers who change the key about as often as we change our shirts.
Notice it changes the tone a little so would use it very sparingly.

Sorry I should have mentioned that also....The Drop comes with a tone compromise
Basses: Sadowsky Metro M5-24, Sadowsky Will Lee 5, EBMMSR5H, Fender P5, KSD Proto-J 705, Belman Custom 4&5, B.C. Rich Warlock 5, Squier VM Fretless Jazz, Washburn XS-4
Amps: GKMB800, Labsystems 400b
Cabs: Markbass 122, Labsystems 115

Curto

Post by Curto » 16 Jan 2018, 19:48

I recently got Digitech's The Drop and so far I really like it. I've used it to "transpose" a song on the fly when the singer decided to change keys at the last minute. Normally I would just try as noise in my head but thought I would give The Drop a try. Super easy! Took all the guess work out around the faster chord changes. Yes it changes your sound a bit, but not really noticeable in the mix. It would be almost completely unnoticeable if you were using other FX (like overdrive or distortion or a thick chorus ... etc) in conjunction with The Drop.
I've also used it as a drop tuner with my 4 string. Just set the switch to momentary and when you want a lower D or C or B or whatever ... just stomp and hold. Not as crisp as playing a 5 string but a handy alternative to a 4 string with a Hipshot D-tuner.
And I've also used it as an octaver pedal - which I really like the sound of. I've found the TC Electronic Sub'n'Up coloured my sound too much. This is a octaver that retains the tone of your bass - a clean signal plus an octave below 50/50.
One band I used to play with did everything in drop D. This could do it too, while keeping the original string tension, although the sound would be somewhat different. And if everything is done drip tuning you night as well just drop tune the bass.
So used as an octaver - fantastic. A sparingly used "5th string" addition - very useful.
And entire "transposed" songs - doable. You might be the only one who notices the change in your tone.

Custom 32

raybass

Post by raybass » 17 Jan 2018, 14:12

Curto wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 19:48
I recently got Digitech's The Drop and so far I really like it. I've used it to "transpose" a song on the fly when the singer decided to change keys at the last minute. Normally I would just try as noise in my head but thought I would give The Drop a try. Super easy! Took all the guess work out around the faster chord changes. Yes it changes your sound a bit, but not really noticeable in the mix. It would be almost completely unnoticeable if you were using other FX (like overdrive or distortion or a thick chorus ... etc) in conjunction with The Drop.
I've also used it as a drop tuner with my 4 string. Just set the switch to momentary and when you want a lower D or C or B or whatever ... just stomp and hold. Not as crisp as playing a 5 string but a handy alternative to a 4 string with a Hipshot D-tuner.
And I've also used it as an octaver pedal - which I really like the sound of. I've found the TC Electronic Sub'n'Up coloured my sound too much. This is a octaver that retains the tone of your bass - a clean signal plus an octave below 50/50.
One band I used to play with did everything in drop D. This could do it too, while keeping the original string tension, although the sound would be somewhat different. And if everything is done drip tuning you night as well just drop tune the bass.
So used as an octaver - fantastic. A sparingly used "5th string" addition - very useful.
And entire "transposed" songs - doable. You might be the only one who notices the change in your tone.
Thanks for your comments, great insight.
Warwick LTD 2011 Streamer LX
Jackson Concert Series
Elixir Nanoweb
B|Amp
Bergantino NV 412
Bergantino HD 212
Pitch black rack tuner
Line 6 G 30
Vox Wah
Tech 21 Bass Boost Chorus