Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Post Reply
User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2204
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by BazzBass » 11 Nov 2017, 00:44

supplied backline tonight was the SVT Pro ? head thru the fridge.

:drool:

awww man

I thought I was happy with my MarkBass amp and 2x10 cabs :(


ran into my old bandmate from 20 years ago, and....

Image
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
rodl2005
Posts: 4003
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 09:04
Location: Hobart TASMANIA
Contact:

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by rodl2005 » 11 Nov 2017, 04:19

Unreal ain't it??!!!!!
I found the 'same' thing at about 100lbs less with the Super Bassman thru 2 Fender Bassman Pro Neo 115 cabs
Image
Image
Mean & Surly

User avatar
DoctorJohn
Posts: 195
Joined: 30 May 2016, 13:10
Location: SA

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by DoctorJohn » 11 Nov 2017, 09:23

Was a “pro” was it? That’s a tube pre and fet power then. The 8x10 is an awesome cab. Any head through it is big but the svt all tube is pure bliss. I have a 3 pro and it’s sweet as through the fridge though.

I have a svt and fridge for sale at the moment. Buy it :p
Basses: Fender Steve Harris P - Warwick Robert Trujillo 4&5 string
Amps: Randall RB200X - Ampeg SVT-CL, SVT-III Pro & SVT-810e - Kustom 1200HD & 410H/215H - Mesa Boogie 1516B
FX: Bass Muff Deluxe - American Sound - Cliff Burton PFW

lostdoggy
Posts: 943
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 01:18
Location: Northern Rivers, NSW

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by lostdoggy » 11 Nov 2017, 11:09

DoctorJohn wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:23
Was a “pro” was it? That’s a tube pre and fet power then. The 8x10 is an awesome cab. Any head through it is big but the svt all tube is pure bliss. I have a 3 pro and it’s sweet as through the fridge though.

I have a svt and fridge for sale at the moment. Buy it :p
SVT-2 Pro is tube power section.

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2204
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by BazzBass » 11 Nov 2017, 12:05

I think it was an SVT-7Pro

bit of a panic til I saw the mute switch was on hehe
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
DoctorJohn
Posts: 195
Joined: 30 May 2016, 13:10
Location: SA

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by DoctorJohn » 11 Nov 2017, 12:13

lostdoggy wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 11:09
DoctorJohn wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:23
Was a “pro” was it? That’s a tube pre and fet power then. The 8x10 is an awesome cab. Any head through it is big but the svt all tube is pure bliss. I have a 3 pro and it’s sweet as through the fridge though.

I have a svt and fridge for sale at the moment. Buy it :p
SVT-2 Pro is tube power section.
Correct you are :)
Basses: Fender Steve Harris P - Warwick Robert Trujillo 4&5 string
Amps: Randall RB200X - Ampeg SVT-CL, SVT-III Pro & SVT-810e - Kustom 1200HD & 410H/215H - Mesa Boogie 1516B
FX: Bass Muff Deluxe - American Sound - Cliff Burton PFW

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2204
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by BazzBass » 11 Nov 2017, 12:24

DoctorJohn wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:23

I have a svt and fridge for sale at the moment. Buy it :p
my heart and ears say YES YES YES

my back has overuled them both :(
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

User avatar
DoctorJohn
Posts: 195
Joined: 30 May 2016, 13:10
Location: SA

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by DoctorJohn » 11 Nov 2017, 13:51

BazzBass wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 12:24
DoctorJohn wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 09:23

I have a svt and fridge for sale at the moment. Buy it :p
my heart and ears say YES YES YES

my back has overuled them both :(
Hehe. I hear ya dude. But the tone quickly cures the back pain
Basses: Fender Steve Harris P - Warwick Robert Trujillo 4&5 string
Amps: Randall RB200X - Ampeg SVT-CL, SVT-III Pro & SVT-810e - Kustom 1200HD & 410H/215H - Mesa Boogie 1516B
FX: Bass Muff Deluxe - American Sound - Cliff Burton PFW

User avatar
rodl2005
Posts: 4003
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 09:04
Location: Hobart TASMANIA
Contact:

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by rodl2005 » 12 Nov 2017, 08:38

Ahhh... yes .. add power tubes to the equation fir a real ear - opener! !!
The 7pro is a nice sounding amp, but. .. no power tubes.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Mean & Surly

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 7977
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by BassLine » 12 Nov 2017, 09:28

I played through an SVT all tube head + 810 rig at a Big Band gig many years ago as backline outdoors on Main stage at the Melbourne Show. Bit of overkill, but sounded fantastic!

I have fond memories of slapping the bass solo/feature section to Gonna Fly Now (Rocky Theme tune). :D
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
absolutlytonedeaf
Posts: 1442
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 18:43
Location: Ballarat

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by absolutlytonedeaf » 12 Nov 2017, 13:57

All tube 300 watters are usually overkill unless you doing a big outdoor show,
Im loving my SVT VR into a 610 Ampeg regardless

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 7977
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: Played through an SVT Pro and the fridge

Post by BassLine » 12 Nov 2017, 15:16

absolutlytonedeaf wrote:
12 Nov 2017, 13:57
All tube 300 watters are usually overkill unless you doing a big outdoor show,
Im loving my SVT VR into a 610 Ampeg regardless
It was outdoors, main stage. I've edited my post above accordingly.
The overkill in my case was the acoustic instruments had a hard time competing with me. :bat:
We sounded great though, even ended up being shown on the TV News (albeit briefly).

I think overkill has been replaced by the term "headroom" these days. :ninja:
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests