Anyone tried out a Trace Elliot Transit B??

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Andrew92

Anyone tried out a Trace Elliot Transit B??

Post by Andrew92 » 17 Oct 2017, 12:05

anyone?

it looks perfect (well, almost, no unaffected 1/4 output)

super keen to get my grubby hands on one.
https://www.facebook.com/anavarbandofficial
"Anabolic Australian Deathcore"
- Warwick Thumb Nt 5, Markbass TTE500/Rocker 500, Markbass Ninja 212, Darkglass, DR strings, Empress Comp | DSM Noisemaker Artist |

Andrew92

Re: Anyone tried out a Trace Elliot Transit B??

Post by Andrew92 » 26 Oct 2017, 10:17

so i got my Transit B in the mail yesterday.

The overall tone is very safe, i like the treble and low mids a lot though, very bitey.
The pre shape button is a good instant tone option, punchy and powerful sounding.
The drive is just that, drive / grit / hair....certainly not distortion.
The compressor is VERY good although it does cut the volume a fair bit at heavy settings.
The tuner works great but it had a hard time tracking a low A (dropped B string).

It sounded great going in front of my amp (markbass) and even better through the FX return. Got a gig this friday to test it out fully, excited! :)

- Warwick Thumb Nt 5, Markbass TTE500/Rocker 500, Markbass Ninja 212, Darkglass, DR strings, Empress Comp | DSM Noisemaker Artist |

Andrew92

Re: Anyone tried out a Trace Elliot Transit B??

Post by Andrew92 » 20 Nov 2017, 12:30

Gig reports

29 - Oct: ran it into the front end of my all tube Markbass Classic 300 into a full ampeg 810 stack. Sounded amazing! I ran the di out from the pedal and get a grindy, tubey rock tone with plenty of low mids and a heavy treble boost. Classic Trace bite and top end sizzle. My thumb bass already has a lot of inherit mid range and i may have gone overboard but man, it just pumped to hard, such a killer "classic" tone. Very happy with it.

17th Nov - Watched a friends goth rock band using it into a Markbass Rocker 500/Warwick double buck set up. Perfect pair for a HH style set up. Grindy, tight low end, low mids were gnarly and gritty. Best live tone i have ever heard for a rock/alternative band. This is a really great unit, super impressed.

The lights are far to bright though, you cannot see the knob positions when its turned on. My advice, dial in the knobs then turn it on and turn it back off if you need to adjust it. Sounds like a fart around but its worth it.