US$210 Down The Hole And No Pedal From www.oxfuzz.com

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
MentalPatient

US$210 Down The Hole And No Pedal From www.oxfuzz.com

Post by MentalPatient » 18 Nov 2016, 05:30

After ordering a pedal from Canada that was shipped around July I think I've lost my money.

Paypal exchange rate makes it AU$300

I asked the builder for a tracking #, there was none as tracking is too much, $60-80.

Perhaps the builder think's I'm trying to scam a free 2nd pedal ?

I think once again I've been a victim of Australia Post. Perhaps if there was tracking there would have been less probability of it being lifted by a postal worker.
Last edited by MentalPatient on 22 Oct 2017, 20:52, edited 5 times in total.
Glockenklang Heart Rock II | 6-Box | Quattro | Roscoe
Fender TB-600 | Baer ML115
Last edited by MentalPatient on 15 Apr 2015, 18:10, edited 963,482,564,947 times in total

Rocksolid

Bummer

Post by Rocksolid » 18 Nov 2016, 07:05

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Tracking with Canada Post is really expensive. I recently purchased a pedal from there and he said, the same thing regarding noone wanting to pay for tracking and that it will be fine. Fortunately mine showed up in good time.

Hopefully the builder comes good with another.
Last edited by Rocksolid on 18 Nov 2016, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

Rickles

Re: US$210 Down The Hole And No Pedal

Post by Rickles » 18 Nov 2016, 07:18

I once purchased an item from Canada. Canadian post is expensive and slow. I had to put in a claim, which sent the seller into a rage. I trusted the seller and explained I had no option but to protect myself and once it arrived I could drop the claim. It arrived about six weeks later.

I hope your purchase ends much the same way. I'd put in a claim. If it's too late for Paypal, put one in with your credit card provider. Not sure if you make the time frames this time round though.
Last edited by Rickles on 18 Nov 2016, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Melbourne
75 P Bass, Warwick Standard Corvette, SWR MoBass, Markbass, BAmp, CN212, HD210, SWR 210.

MentalPatient

Post by MentalPatient » 18 Nov 2016, 08:14

Timing ... just as I'm chasing this up the builder will me making another for me :)
Last edited by MentalPatient on 15 Apr 2015, 18:10, edited 963,482,564,947 times in total

slowlearner

Post by slowlearner » 18 Nov 2016, 10:07

Rickles wrote:If it's too late for Paypal, put one in with your credit card provider.
I did this with a PU builder in the US who was a bad businessman and a scammer.
Bassline "I'm not arguing.... I'm just explaining why I'm right."

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 18 Nov 2016, 10:47

If the seller can't provide you with a tracking number, there really is no proof that he ever sent it. The cost of tracking should be worn by the seller.

My Cave Pedals Grunt went all around Australia, had an extended holiday in NSW, then eventually made it to me,took about 4 weeks to go from Qld to SA lol

I hope you eventually see the pedal :)
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

lostdoggy

Post by lostdoggy » 18 Nov 2016, 12:42

My partner bought a bag from LA. Never arrived and the maker refunded her the money. Aus post couldn't answer what happened.
Turned out it got to Sydney and stayed there for a couple of months before being returned to sender because the stamps were a dollar short. :crazy:
The seller had a contact number on the package too.

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 18 Nov 2016, 15:08

Yup, and all the Aus Post employees got a bonus for delivering 95% of mail given to them......

Just too bad you were in the 5%

MentalPatient

Re: US$210 Down The Hole And No Pedal From www.oxfuzz.com

Post by MentalPatient » 22 Oct 2017, 20:49

Well it's been a year almost to the day since my last contact with the seller.

I've also posted this in the feedback thread.

http://www.oxfuzz.com/Site/_BASS.html
Feedback: NEGATIVE, AVOID THIS SELLER, NEVER RECEIVED MY PEDAL

Pedal was sent without tracking or signature required.
The seller said "Nobody wants to pay $50 for postage"
Payment was a paypal send money, no big cartel shop or anything like that.
By the time I noticed something is wrong paypal's refund period had expired.
Contacted the seller and his first response was "Oh Really!"
I Sent another email and the seller replies with "I have sold thousands of these and only 2 or 3 have been lost"
Another reply was "I'm busy moving house and will get to building yours after I move"
A time frame was given but I never heard back.
Thousands, really!

Feedback Thread Link -
http://ozbassforum.com/posting.php?mode ... 2&p=320537

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 24 Oct 2017, 12:08

MentalPatient wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 20:49

the seller replies with "I have sold thousands of these and only 2 or 3 have been lost"
I'm sure that makes those 2 or 3 feel better lol

Frobie

Post by Frobie » 21 Nov 2017, 21:48

BazzBass wrote:
18 Nov 2016, 10:47
If the seller can't provide you with a tracking number, there really is no proof that he ever sent it. The cost of tracking should be worn by the seller.

My Cave Pedals Grunt went all around Australia, had an extended holiday in NSW, then eventually made it to me,took about 4 weeks to go from Qld to SA lol

I hope you eventually see the pedal :)
I have this very issue at the moment with a Fender 1/4" to Speakon 14gauge speaker cable I bought for my Fender Rumble 500 amp and cab..it was tracked from Texas (reliable Ebay seller I have dealt with a few times) to Sydney (via Tokyo would you believe...sigh) in less than 7 days. Since then it has been stuck between Sydney and Granville since Thursday 16 Nov with no movement whatsover..im hoping it comes in by the end of this week 24th by some Aust Post miracle. I worked for AP for 20 years as a postie and I really find it hard to understand the delay these days in a perfectly addressed Priority Paid Parcel. A few weeks ago I ordered a set of Fender Casters from Dave at Bass Centre Melbourne with a tracking number as they sent it in an Express Post packet. After a couple days of inaction, tracking showed it was in NSW then Queensland doing a tour of the Eastern States before getting to SA. Guy at Bass Centre sent me a second set believing the first package was likely lost after a week, then lo and behold it took 24 hours to reach me, along with the original posting sighh...oh well 2 sets of casters is better than no sets of casters loll. Its really frustrating to me as an ex postie to know that with all their technology available at Aust Post these days that its slower to deliver something now than it was 20 years ago and the cost of sending Priority Express is very prohibitive. I sympathise with you Bazz.
Peavey Dynabass 5, EBMM Stingray 5, RickenBacker 4003, Sterling byMusicMan S.U.B. Ray4, Fender CB100CE AcousticBass, Peavey MKIV 1820 Rig, Fender Rumble500 Combo w/115 Cab
Getting paid for something you love doing is a dream fulfilled

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 22 Nov 2017, 12:12

yep Glanville was the culprit in my case as well. Why it even went through there is beyond me. I have a lot of friends at Aus Post but they are a joke. (Aus Post not my friends)

they get a bonus for delivering 95% of the mail.

ie they get a bonus for losing 5% of all mail sent

Frobie

Post by Frobie » 24 Nov 2017, 00:22

BazzBass wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 12:12
yep Glanville was the culprit in my case as well. Why it even went through there is beyond me. I have a lot of friends at Aus Post but they are a joke. (Aus Post not my friends)

they get a bonus for delivering 95% of the mail.

ie they get a bonus for losing 5% of all mail sent
Well Bazz there ya go...if in the 20 years I was a Postie for them back then, and if they had given me a 5% bonus I coulda lost as many as they wanted. I musta been a bad boy never losing anything.
Peavey Dynabass 5, EBMM Stingray 5, RickenBacker 4003, Sterling byMusicMan S.U.B. Ray4, Fender CB100CE AcousticBass, Peavey MKIV 1820 Rig, Fender Rumble500 Combo w/115 Cab

veebass

Post by veebass » 24 Nov 2017, 06:27

Yes, I have had items do a tour of Tamworth of all places a few times on their way to me in Southern Qld. Not sure why.
I currently have a pickguard for my 69 Telecaster Bass that appears to be mis addressed within USPS at present.
It is showing on the tracking as being on it's way to South Point in Ohio which has a zip code similar to my postcode- No doubt it will end up being undeliverable because there is no street the same as mine in South Point as far as I can tell and should make it's way back to the seller, eventually. Fingers crossed.
Who knows what the seller (big seller with a good rep) put on the parcel? ie not sure if it is his fault or USPS. at this stage.
He is trying to track it down. Seems like it is all routed simply by the zip/ postcode.
Anyway, it was bought through eBay and paid for through Paypal so I'll get my money back, if it is lost.
Annoying though, these things are pretty rare.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

Frobie

Post by Frobie » 27 Nov 2017, 00:41

veebass wrote:
24 Nov 2017, 06:27
Yes, I have had items do a tour of Tamworth of all places a few times on their way to me in Southern Qld. Not sure why.
I currently have a pickguard for my 69 Telecaster Bass that appears to be mis addressed within USPS at present.
It is showing on the tracking as being on it's way to South Point in Ohio which has a zip code similar to my postcode- No doubt it will end up being undeliverable because there is no street the same as mine in South Point as far as I can tell and should make it's way back to the seller, eventually. Fingers crossed.
Who knows what the seller (big seller with a good rep) put on the parcel? ie not sure if it is his fault or USPS. at this stage.
He is trying to track it down. Seems like it is all routed simply by the zip/ postcode.
Anyway, it was bought through eBay and paid for through Paypal so I'll get my money back, if it is lost.
Annoying though, these things are pretty rare.
If some USPS postal worker sees the word AUSTRALIA on the package (assuming of course Vee you are in Oz) one would expect it to make it here eventually Vee. Fingers crossed for you...i hate things taking too long when they shouldnt or even worse not getting delivered at all after paying good shipping costs to have it delivered correctly. Best of luck with it if you are in the US...hopefully it will lob through the door soon.