Best customer service award goes to...

Amps, Cabs, Effects, Pickups, Onboard Preamps
Petebass

Re: Best customer service award goes to...

Post by Petebass » 07 Dec 2017, 12:33

I don't go through a lot of gear, but I did make a impulse buy of a used bass from George a couple of years ago (Ibanez SR805). I concur, he was very easy to deal with, very friendly and professional.

As for Jim Bergantino, he's one of the few brand reps over at TB who's posts I actually enjoy. Very knowledgeable but no excessive ego, willing and able to help, refreshingly honest without resorting to aggression. I like him! . Strangely I've never owned any of his gear. Even weirder that whenever I've tried other peoples Berg gear, I've really liked it, which means I'll probably end up with some Berg gear at some stage. It'll have to wait until my current gear isn't servicing my needs though .... could be a while :)
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

raybass

Re: Best customer service award goes to...

Post by raybass » 07 Dec 2017, 20:09

Petebass wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 12:33
Strangely I've never owned any of his gear. Even weirder that whenever I've tried other peoples Berg gear, I've really liked it, which means I'll probably end up with some Berg gear at some stage. It'll have to wait until my current gear isn't servicing my needs though .... could be a while :)
Yeah it's fantastic gear, I've just changed to all Berg after 20 plus years of using GK.

I'm a convert!

Only trouble is every tiny c**k up is amplified...

As Jim said to me on Sunday, the b|amp keeps you honest. 😊
Warwick LTD 2011 Streamer LX
Jackson Concert Series
Elixir Nanoweb
B|Amp
GK 700rb ii
Bergantino NV 412
Bergantino HD 212
Pitch black rack tuner
Line 6 G 30
Boss O/D
Vox Wah