Squier VM Fretless Precision Bass

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Rocksolid

Squier VM Fretless Precision Bass

Post by Rocksolid » 20 Mar 2018, 09:24

Anyone using one of these? Not thew Jaco looking Jazz, the VM precision. I picked one up in a shop once and played it but I can't remember how it was.

Cheers
Gear:Fender I Quilter I Berg I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Warmoth l Squier I Aria Pro II

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

BazzBass

Re: Squier VM Fretless Precision Bass

Post by BazzBass » 20 Mar 2018, 16:14

I tried one a year ago at John Reynolds (RIP)

Like I said, it was a year ago. Ummm it felt like a bass? sorry, can't remember that far back anymore hehe. I'm pretty sure I didn't like the fretboard, is it that plastic looking ebanol? really not sure.
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

RickG

Re: Squier VM Fretless Precision Bass

Post by RickG » 21 Mar 2018, 14:45

I've had an unhealthy obsession with these since they came out :)

I briefly tied one at the Bass Centre when I was in Melbourne for a day. To be honest I was a little underwhelmed - partly because it was so light, and I have to admit I like a bass to feel reasonably substantial. I tried the fretless jazz too and from memory I liked it more, but just couldn't get the VM P out of my mind.

Online comments seem pretty favourable. There seems to be a bit of an issue with quality control of finishes, and being so light the pickguard screws come out easily apparently. But they're hard to find in person to try out.

The biggest thing holding me back is that I really don't need it (but I still want it :hyper: ) .