HELP with freight to Denmark

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Aussie Mark

Re: HELP with freight to Denmark

Post by Aussie Mark » 21 Mar 2018, 09:23

Ok, AusPost say -

" the information you have found on our website is correct. Those size and weight guidelines are in place to guarantee they will definitely be accepted by the planes that will ship them internationally for us. If you send something over the recommended length or weight, you run the risk of the item being returned to you and not receiving a refund for the postage amount you've paid."

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 04 Apr 2018, 08:15

veebass wrote:
17 Mar 2018, 09:12
^ Oh Australian Customs take it seriously.

Were they still using Brazillian Rosewood in '65?

If so, that is a CITES Appendix 1 species- even bigger problem shipping across the borders of signatory countries, than other Rosewoods which are now Appendix 2.

Even if it is not Brazillian there would be Customs issues to sort out, as Packrat has alluded to. Don't want to run the risk of it being seized somewhere.

On CITES, for a pre-2017 item such as a vintage bass that you are exporting, you can get a free CITES certificate via this online process - https://forms.business.gov.au/smartform ... mCode=WTPH

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 04 Apr 2018, 08:16

Aussie Mark wrote:
19 Mar 2018, 09:51
Try Interparcel - I punched in some numbers on their website and the prices look good. Choice rates them as well. I'll be using them if my AEB-1 sells to an overseas buyer. They're an aggregator that uses a range of couriers and obtains bulk discounts.
Update on Interparcel - stringed musical instruments are not allowed by them.

So, I went with Pack & Send - their online "self service" option uses DHL and ended up cheaper than Interparcel's quotes (and much cheaper than Smartsend's international quotes).

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 04 Apr 2018, 08:45

Good to know the length for Aussie Post has changed,it used to show about 125 cm from memory
Understand re CITES form .For Brazilian rosewood still not sure where you stand re carry on baggage ,ie can you take it overseas with you with no forms filled out.If you decide to sell it at the same time,can you ?
62 white jazz,slab board.
63 fiesta red jazz bass,matching h'stock
64 jazz sburst
Dale Fortune 1964 Rick 1999/4001s
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 04 Apr 2018, 09:26

onehandclapping wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 08:45
Good to know the length for Aussie Post has changed,it used to show about 125 cm from memory
Understand re CITES form .For Brazilian rosewood still not sure where you stand re carry on baggage ,ie can you take it overseas with you with no forms filled out.If you decide to sell it at the same time,can you ?
You will need to get the free pre-2017 exemption certificate before you travel, and if you sell it while you are overseas then I imagine that certificate covers it.

onehandclapping

Post by onehandclapping » 04 Apr 2018, 09:49

Cripes,I have been following this for the last few years and never heard of a pre 2017 exemption cert for Brazilian rosewood ,cat 1.
62 white jazz,slab board.
63 fiesta red jazz bass,matching h'stock
64 jazz sburst
Dale Fortune 1964 Rick 1999/4001s
60 cs journeyman jazz
Trace Elliot V4 x 2 all valve heads, 412L Schroeder cab,TC rh450,Schroeder 1212Lcab

rumbles

Post by rumbles » 04 Apr 2018, 10:15

thankyou for your info gentlemen, but fortunately I have sold it locally so I have dodged a potential whole world of hurt by the sounds of it.

veebass

Post by veebass » 04 Apr 2018, 11:14

onehandclapping wrote:
04 Apr 2018, 09:49
Cripes,I have been following this for the last few years and never heard of a pre 2017 exemption cert for Brazilian rosewood ,cat 1.
Terry, I think the exemption you would be looking for Brazillian Rosewood, as it is CITES I, would be for your "specimen" being harvested prior to the CITES listing of the species (Dalbergia nigra), which if you follow all the links was 11 June, 1992 (about 2/3 of the way through the list), rather than prior to 2 January, 2017 (which was when all the Dalbergias that had not already been listed were listed as Appendix II.) Mark would know for sure if he has just gone through the process and he declared as Brazilian Rosewood- D nigra..

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017C01029

Interesting to see that a few other Rosewoods were added to CITES II at various times since 2008:
Black rosewood, Honduras rosewood- 12 February, 2008, Dalbergia darienensis 22 December, 2011, Malagassy Rosewood, Thailand Rosewood, Granadillo rosewood- 12 June, 2013, Yucatan rosewood- 24 June, 2014, Dalbergia calycina, Dalbergia cubilquitzensis, Dalbergia glomerata 5 February, 2015,
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 04 Apr 2018, 12:14

^^^^
The AEB has an ebony board so I was ok this time around but as part of the exercise I did explore the process anyway for future reference, which is how I found the free certificate of exemption link online.