New Bass Day - 2017 Limited Edition Thumb Bass Nt5

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
Andrew92

Re: New Bass Day - 2017 Limited Edition Thumb Bass Nt5

Post by Andrew92 » 03 Oct 2017, 12:11

drbass wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 20:33
Agreed, both beautiful basses. You don't mention the weight? My '90 Thumb NT 4 weighs a ton, and I'm sure these two aren't exactly light
Well neither of them are as heavy as my 2004 Bubinga Thumb NT. That thing was an anchor.

i dont find the weight to be an issue, young and full of muscles and not a lot of brains so ehh, i'll enjoy it while i can :)
ozrider wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 14:04
It took me a while to figure out which was the special one out of those too - the Ltd on the right?

That fretboard on the one on the left is amazing
Yes the LTD has the all black ebony fretboard and maple top and my custom shop order (2016) thumb bass the black/white ebony fretboard and Black walnut burl cap :)

love them both, super cool basses.
https://www.facebook.com/anavarbandofficial
"Anabolic Australian Deathcore"
- Warwick Thumb Nt 5, Markbass TTE500/Rocker 500, Markbass Ninja 212, Darkglass, DR strings, Empress Comp | DSM Noisemaker Artist |

Andrew92

Re: New Bass Day - 2017 Limited Edition Thumb Bass Nt5

Post by Andrew92 » 17 Oct 2017, 12:49

Update:

Had some issue with the preamp so i swapped it from the lithium battery to a standard 9vlt.

that calmed down the EMGS's and i dare say it sounds even better now. A good buddy of mine from Melbourne visited me over the weekend it gave it a real workout.

the phrase "all the gear, no idea" comes into mind :( gee i gotta practise.
https://www.facebook.com/anavarbandofficial
"Anabolic Australian Deathcore"
- Warwick Thumb Nt 5, Markbass TTE500/Rocker 500, Markbass Ninja 212, Darkglass, DR strings, Empress Comp | DSM Noisemaker Artist |