Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
hamo

Re: International Rosewood

Post by hamo » 19 Apr 2018, 10:41

veebass wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 20:23
Che wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 07:56
Hi, looking at getting a Fender AVRI 63 P shipped in though it has a rosewood slab, would I need a cite to get this through?
Avoid any issue and get a 57 RI. :lol:
Or my 58 American Vintage Reissue in the classifieds :cool: :lol: :lol:
Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Fender AVRI 58 Precision (FOR SALE) | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

veebass

Post by veebass » 19 Apr 2018, 10:42

Aussie Mark wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 10:10
Any recent experiences with any of you buying a bass with a rosewood board from overseas on eBay/Reverb etc - specifically from Japan. Used bass, rosewood board.

Are the Japanese sellers across this requirement? If they don't attach a CITES certificate does the package get confiscated by Oz customs and you lose your money? Or is that valid grounds to lodge a Paypal dispute against the seller?
Not quite.

I was very nervous about my Epi Vintage Pro TBird (purchased new from Japan), which sailed through without a certificate or customs question AFAIK.

The worry was that the Epi site says the fretboard is rosewood, even though I understand it isn't.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

Paisley

Post by Paisley » 19 Apr 2018, 11:27

I got stung with an Irish Bouzouki a few months back. Bought it off eBay UK & was careful to make sure there was no Rosewood in it; however I didn't realize they'd added African Blackwood to the CITES list, which the Bouzouki did have for it's bridge/fretboard. There was no correspondence about the issue whatsoever; I simply got an email one morning saying the transaction was cancelled & money was refunded!
:ticked:
BASSES: Spector; Fender; Yamaha; G&L; Alembic; Ibanez; Jerry Jones; Danelectro; Rickenbacker; Ergo; ESP; Kraken; DeArmond.
AMPS: Acoustic; Ashdown; Ampeg; Eden; Epifani; Markbass