Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Electric, Acoustic, Double Bass, Bassists
User avatar
hamo
Posts: 1002
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 23:31
Location: Manly Brisbane

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by hamo » 14 Feb 2018, 11:38

mikanhannille wrote:
13 Feb 2018, 01:37
One more. :D
Image
That Mike Lull is my fave :cool: :cool:
Nice collection BTW
Fender AVRI 58 Precision | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | 83 Yamaha BB3000 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack

User avatar
hamo
Posts: 1002
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 23:31
Location: Manly Brisbane

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by hamo » 14 Feb 2018, 11:39

Heath wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 09:28
The workhorses
Image
Image
Image
upload full resolution photos
Great diverse collection now Heath! very nice
Fender AVRI 58 Precision | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | 83 Yamaha BB3000 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack

User avatar
SneakyJak
Posts: 1499
Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 22:15
Location: Canberra

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by SneakyJak » 14 Feb 2018, 18:46

Heath wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 09:28
The workhorses
Image
Image
Image
upload full resolution photos
White one, is that a Yamaha... always thought Yamaha guitars are underrated assume that’s true of the basses as well

User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2262
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by aphekgreg » 14 Feb 2018, 19:05

narcdor wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 10:52
Very nice. That's some interesting pickup balancing on the P there for sure! I assume it has raised pole pieces on the A, but why not the D... odd.
Because that's the way Leo did it originally. :bat: I've never had an A that was weak. Usually the reverse, but obviously that wasn't the case in '57.
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7965
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by veebass » 14 Feb 2018, 19:25

aphekgreg wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 19:05
narcdor wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 10:52
Very nice. That's some interesting pickup balancing on the P there for sure! I assume it has raised pole pieces on the A, but why not the D... odd.
Because that's the way Leo did it originally. :bat: I've never had an A that was weak. Usually the reverse, but obviously that wasn't the case in '57.
Quite a job balancing the pickups in my 57 Fullerton when I first got it..
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2262
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by aphekgreg » 14 Feb 2018, 20:12

veebass wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 19:25
aphekgreg wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 19:05
narcdor wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 10:52
Very nice. That's some interesting pickup balancing on the P there for sure! I assume it has raised pole pieces on the A, but why not the D... odd.
Because that's the way Leo did it originally. :bat: I've never had an A that was weak. Usually the reverse, but obviously that wasn't the case in '57.
Quite a job balancing the pickups in my 57 Fullerton when I first got it..
It has the raise A doesn't it?
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

User avatar
Heath
Posts: 2279
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 12:50
Location: Newcastle

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by Heath » 14 Feb 2018, 22:13

The black one is a sandberg ida Nielsen, the burst is a fender cs 57 journeyman p bass and the white one a yamaha bbne2 Nathan east.

I don't think you could have more polar opposites, they all have different pickup combos, wood combinations and construction, but they all sure are Purdy haha..

Yeah the p has raised like peices on the A, I've tried to get it as even as possible, had to take the ashtrays off, they were just in the way for me.

One common thing between them though, they all sound great through that rig
Basses: Yamaha, Sandberg, Ibanez, Fender
Amps: Markbass, Epifani, Tc, Bergantino

http://cruzersnewcastle.wixsite.com/rock-band

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7965
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by veebass » 15 Feb 2018, 04:28

aphekgreg wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 20:12
veebass wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 19:25
aphekgreg wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 19:05


Because that's the way Leo did it originally. :bat: I've never had an A that was weak. Usually the reverse, but obviously that wasn't the case in '57.
Quite a job balancing the pickups in my 57 Fullerton when I first got it..
It has the raise A doesn't it?
Yes- you need to "reverse camber" the EA pickup.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
aphekgreg
Posts: 2262
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 16:10
Location: Narara Central Coast
Contact:

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by aphekgreg » 15 Feb 2018, 08:08

Heath wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 22:13
The black one is a sandberg ida Nielsen, the burst is a fender cs 57 journeyman p bass and the white one a yamaha bbne2 Nathan east.

I don't think you could have more polar opposites, they all have different pickup combos, wood combinations and construction, but they all sure are Purdy haha..

Yeah the p has raised like peices on the A, I've tried to get it as even as possible, had to take the ashtrays off, they were just in the way for me.

One common thing between them though, they all sound great through that rig
Are you using the Musician at all?
Greg

Ibanez Musician, MusicMan, Dingwall Z3, Rickenbacker, MIJ Fender Precision & Jazz, Warmoth/Musikraft P/J-bass, Danelectro Longhorn.
Traynor YBA300, MarkBass, GK1001RB2, Berg AE212, Hartke 4.5, '64 Fender Bassman
http://www.aphekstudio.com.au

User avatar
Heath
Posts: 2279
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 12:50
Location: Newcastle

Re: Let's See Your Basses... TWO! (Post Photobucket $)

Post by Heath » 15 Feb 2018, 08:36

aphekgreg wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 08:08
Heath wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 22:13
The black one is a sandberg ida Nielsen, the burst is a fender cs 57 journeyman p bass and the white one a yamaha bbne2 Nathan east.

I don't think you could have more polar opposites, they all have different pickup combos, wood combinations and construction, but they all sure are Purdy haha..

Yeah the p has raised like peices on the A, I've tried to get it as even as possible, had to take the ashtrays off, they were just in the way for me.

One common thing between them though, they all sound great through that rig
Are you using the Musician at all?
i have occasionally, but a mate of mine is recording with it at the moment
Basses: Yamaha, Sandberg, Ibanez, Fender
Amps: Markbass, Epifani, Tc, Bergantino

http://cruzersnewcastle.wixsite.com/rock-band

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests