Double Upright Bass

Forum rules
Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.

WHAT YOU CAN SELL HERE: acoustic, electric, electronic instruments, any kind, as long as it makes music.

WHAT YOU CAN'T SELL HERE: Computers or software, the exception being the free software that come with a synthetiser you're selling and such items
magicM

Double Upright Bass

Post by magicM » 16 Jul 2018, 19:02

Double Upright Bass

High end Chinese handcrafted double bass. Carved bass with spruce top and maple back and sides (not plywood). Size is a large 3 / 4 bass
Condition – has a couple of scratches on the back and some buckle rash on the side (see pictures). Some additional minor dings and scratches as would be expected from a used 10 year old bass. These add character to the instrument and does not affect playability or sound. Structurally everything is perfect.

Acoustic tone has strong articulation and definition with lots of warm bottom end. It is an acoustically loud bass that projects widely in acoustic settings.

I bought this brand new approximately 10 years ago from highly reputable and established Sydney luthier Neville Whitehead and it has been setup and serviced regularly by Neville. The sound has matured and mellowed over the years through regular playing. Works great for pizzicato, arco, and slap. Currently has a jazz setup with Pirastro Obligato strings. It has just been serviced week ending 13/7/18 in preparation for sale.

Included with bass are:
Gage Realist pickup already installed
Bridge Adjusters already installed
Bass bag in great condition with all zippers working and no tears or holes
Bass wheel

Perfect bass for a student or gigging bassist. Can also be a second bass for a travelling bassist so you can keep the old expensive one at home.
Selling as I am not gigging as much and not doing as wide a variety of gigs as I used to. Already have another bass that now covers all the gigs I am doing and so it’s time to thin the herd.

Pictures can be viewed at
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/earlwoo ... 1189870709

Double bass stand in pictures is NOT included in sale
Price is $4000 negotiable
Local pickup in Earlwood, NSW.
Please feel free to ask questions and welcome to have a play.
Best to text or call 0419 485 668 for quick response