WTB Phil Jones Bass Bighead

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.

WHAT YOU CAN SELL HERE: studio/home studio gear and live gear i.e. headphones, mixers, PA systems, studio effects, microphones etc...

WHAT YOU CANNOT SELL HERE: anything with instrument sounds (drum machines, synths etc...), computers, software. As an exception software can only be offered if it comes originally with the product sold i.e. drivers and software to run a multi track hardware recorder and such items
DomDoesBass

Re: WTB Phil Jones Bass Bighead

Post by DomDoesBass » 15 Sep 2015, 19:01

I'm keen to try this. Not that I've been needing one but if I'm going to be using a small piece of amplification gear then I think Phil Jones is a pretty decent bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funky1

Post by funky1 » 15 Sep 2015, 19:46

Freda wrote back

Hi Klaye,
We can offer you 10% discount on the 5 Bigheads plus $50 shipping by USPS Priority service.

Best regards,
Freda Jones
Phil Jones Pure Sound
http://www.pjbworld.com

email to be sent to freda@philjonespuresound.com

It aint cheap fellas --- I've been trying to work some angles ... even contacting some other online dealers to sweeten the deal

The price on XE is with split shipping cost so you know -- Bighead RRP $249 USA

Havent even equated the Paypal or bank fees as you know they take their cut + then gotta ship out to you $$

Hmmmmm

Dazza76

Post by Dazza76 » 15 Sep 2015, 20:25

I know i'm out for now on purchasing a BigHead. I bought the Ampeg SCR-DI 'cos i thought i was getting a bit more bang for buck. They are two completely different products though so not comparable.
Basses
Yamaha BB1025X, EBMM Stingray5, Fender Jazz Fretless, Fender PB62 P'bass, Washburn S1000

Rig
Genzler Magellan MG800, Barefaced Two10, Zoom B3, Sansamp VT Bass, Darkglass B3K

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 15 Sep 2015, 21:06

If you've got golden ears and deep pockets you'll love it. I played my Aria hollowbody with TIs thru it for 8 hrs on Saturday and it sounded fabulous.
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 15 Sep 2015, 21:58

I don't know about golden ears... but sign me up!
Basses: Custom, Fender, Nash, Framus
Amps: O'Neill/Aguilar > MarkBass
FX: Aguilar

Juan Lauda

Post by Juan Lauda » 18 Sep 2015, 07:33

I don't know about golden ears OR deep pockets... But I'm still keen. Let us know if you decide to go ahead, Klaye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 20 Sep 2015, 23:53

Japan eBay seller. $330 AUD landed, prob less if you don't do AUD->USD->Yen conversion.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... ID=EBAY-AU
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

DomDoesBass

Post by DomDoesBass » 01 Oct 2015, 01:03

I came across this the other day on a Facebook guitar page... From the looks of it, it's a Kickstarter-like method of organizing bulk purchases with a vendor. I haven't looked into it in much detail, but it sounds quite similar to what's being discussed.

I get the feeling that it may not cater to bass gear, let alone the specific product that we're after... but it looks fascinating anyway! Who knows, some of those pro-audio drops may be of interest to pro-audiophiles here.

https://www.massdrop.com/how-it-works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tribal

Post by tribal » 02 Oct 2015, 18:16

I'm going to be in the US from the 1st November for 10 days... I'm sure a few of these would fit in my luggage ;)
Warwick Corvette $$5 :: Yamaha Attitude Ltd II :: GK MBFusion 500 :: LDS158

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 18 Jun 2017, 19:56

Group buy happening if anyone is interested
http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22350

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 02 Jul 2017, 21:38

Group buy sorted out, so I've got one now. Certainly does live up to the good feedback.