Marketing Conclusion(RE:-What do bass playe-Questions123456)

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 17 Dec 2011, 21:48

Hi Guys

So after reading through all your answers to the series of questions... we would all like to see a multi-channel unit with separate foot switches for each channel made extremely well with top quality components, preferably manufactured in a westernised country at Chinese prices... so far.

What about programmable verses analogue controls?
One set of knobs that do it all OR each channel has its own controls, like the first Ibanez floor/rack units from the eighties?

Also, passive verses powered drive?
Most of you guys are realising that the Grunt range boost the signal by now and seem to add the right amount of warmth and grit, if required, and are understanding that there is no need for a powered unit in that situation anymore. I know the "each to their own" scenario, but unless you are looking for a real heavy distortion on bass or huge amounts of volume increase, why choose powered?

Be interesting to hear what the passive movement think, too! (Mark/Eden/Shayne...)

Cheers
Heath

spencerbasssman

Re: Marketing Conclusion(RE:-What do bass playe-Questions123

Post by spencerbasssman » 17 Dec 2011, 23:40

With the programmable and analogue controls I honestly wouldn't mind using either; they both of course have their pros and cons. The only thing that sets them apart for me is the ease of use. And in that case I would probably prefer analogue controls. That way everything is there in front of you and you know what the pedal is doing at all times, which just seems the way to go for peace of mind. I am very much a 'set and forget' player and I am not switching sounds constantly, so it just makes sense to go for a pedal that is easy to use with a simple interface. Of course that is only my opinion, it really just depends on what you would personally prefer to use.

And of Course I am completely all for the passive drive. My sound calls for a warm, slightly growling low end, and I get that perfectly from the passive pedals that I am using from Cave. As Heath said above, if you’re looking for a heavy distortion and so on then you may have to go powered, but then again who isn't to say Cave won't come up with something like that through means of a passive effect in the future. But for what I do the passive drive fits like a glove and works perfectly, so I am definitely sticking with that.
Blessed are the pedal makers!
Caveslave
Endorser: Cave Passive Pedals

toon

Post by toon » 18 Dec 2011, 00:34

I would love to see a Bass Drive/Grunt/WASP pedal but in the design of the Source Audio Soundblox PRO. Where you have 3 footswitches and can program your favorite settings and assign them to whichever you want.
Account deactivated - banned member

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 18 Dec 2011, 21:04

Hi Toon

We'll check into the SAS Pro and see if the design is possible passively. We may have already got something similar as we have a million programable passive designs already.

Cheers
Heath
P.S. Did you get my "pm"? Still not up with this computer stuff, sorry.

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 18 Dec 2011, 21:06

AND how did you know that B-Drive stood for "Bass Drive"? You're a very clever cookie, Toon! Have to watch out for you!

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 19 Dec 2011, 05:28

Obviously (or not), the easiest way to handle multiple-channel "programmability " is to use component arrays and dip switches. some of the older Tech21 gear worked like this. The trick is selecting useable components since the tonal options are quantum vs continuous.
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.