Tighter Ar$e

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
ambler

Re: Tighter Ar$e

Post by ambler » 23 Mar 2017, 21:33

Arrived today, thanks Heath.

sic608

Post by sic608 » 24 Mar 2017, 16:13

Whats the preferred signal chain for said tighter backside?

Start of a pedal board, end of pedal board, send fx, pre/post eq section?
Einstein was onced asked, "How does it feel to be the smartest man alive?" To which he repiled, "I dont know, you'll have to ask Nikola Tesla"

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 24 Mar 2017, 17:09

I've tried mine in the effects loop of my Super Bassman, and it didn't play nicely. I PM'd Heath, it isn't designed for line level sadly.

I run my sfx micro Thumpinator before my Octaver and Envelope Filter on my main board as it takes the super Lows out before they get to the Compressor - which allows the Compressor to work a bit more normally.

If your sole reason for using the Tighter ar$e is to get rid of the lower percussive finger noise which creates excessive speaker excursion, then anywhere would be fine. I am in the process of putting some velcro on the side of a couple of my amps to mount the TA just prior to my Amp input.
Gear: Fender I GK I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Radial I X2/Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I SD I Symetrix I MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses: Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth

Bands: Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 24 Mar 2017, 17:18

Ha I just came here to ask if going thru my amp's fx in/out would work, thanks for being the guinea pig Steve :)
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 24 Mar 2017, 17:26

I should've asked Heath prior to manufacture. My sole intention for mine was to leave it permanently attached to the back of the SB300 as per my pic earlier in this thread.

With it being fed instrument level signal it works a treat though.
Gear: Fender I GK I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Radial I X2/Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I SD I Symetrix I MIPRO I 1964ears

dagwood dawg

Post by dagwood dawg » 24 Mar 2017, 19:38

Do you plan to run the Tighter arse and the thumpinater simultaneously Rocksolid?

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 24 Mar 2017, 22:06

No, not at all. They do the same thing. The sfx mT is buried on a main board of mine, the TA will be used when that board isn't being used.

SnowJambi

Post by SnowJambi » 25 Mar 2017, 12:26

Aww man I wish I saw this earlier, sounds like a super useful thing to have. If for some crazy reason anyone wants to move theirs on let me know!

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 25 Mar 2017, 13:18

SnowJambi wrote:Aww man I wish I saw this earlier, sounds like a super useful thing to have. If for some crazy reason anyone wants to move theirs on let me know!
I might let my tight arse Mk1, without the freq knob, go. If you're interested.
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

Classic5

Post by Classic5 » 25 Mar 2017, 18:09

Heath, these units are terrific. Mine arrived last week and I have to say it's definitely an improvement on the first TA.

Love the ability to select the cutoff frequency. Definitely a tighter bass sound as a result......excess boom gone in a flash :thumbup:

I reckon you've got a winner with this one, and no batteries required......Yayyy. Love it!

Xotic XJ-1T 5,Yamaha BB1024X, Ibanez SRF700 Fretless
Glockenklang Blue Soul, Glockenklang Double, TecAmp Puma 112 Combo
"The fact that there's a highway to Hell and only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic...."

cl8n

Post by cl8n » 25 Mar 2017, 23:43

Gave mine a workout the other day and have to agree that the ability to select frequency is a fantastic enhancement to the mk I version (I don't want to say improvement as they both work great!)

I've always ran my original TightArse last in the chain before going to the amp, though actually gave the TighterArse a go through the effects loop ... it played nice for me and worked magnificently (no tubes???). I'll have try it in the chain also and see if there is any noticeable difference - I didn't think of trying it the other day as I was enjoying playing too much :D
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 26 Mar 2017, 10:43

cl8n wrote: gave the TighterArse a go through the effects loop ... it played nice for me and worked magnificently (no tubes???).
that's interesting, what amp was it?

billb

Post by billb » 26 Mar 2017, 19:43

arrived and all good thank you!

cl8n

Post by cl8n » 26 Mar 2017, 21:30

BazzBass wrote:
that's interesting, what amp was it?

It was the Warwick LWA 1000.
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

SnowJambi

Post by SnowJambi » 31 Mar 2017, 09:15

BazzBass wrote:
SnowJambi wrote:Aww man I wish I saw this earlier, sounds like a super useful thing to have. If for some crazy reason anyone wants to move theirs on let me know!
I might let my tight arse Mk1, without the freq knob, go. If you're interested.
Appreciate the offer! I ended up buying an amp with an inbuilt HPF so I've got this solved :)