New list for Tight Arse

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
Cave Passive Pedals

Re: New list for Tight Arse

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 20 Jun 2016, 11:07

Progress Report:

Aluminium cases are drilled, stamped and painted.

Components have now been installed.

Will test units audibly and by meter, soon.

Thank you for your patience.
Heath

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 21 Jun 2016, 12:16

Progress Report:

Aluminium cases are drilled, stamped and painted.

Components have now been installed.

All units functioning correctly.

Will package and post shortly.

Thank you for your patience.
Heath

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 21 Jun 2016, 16:48

Hi Guys,

All units have now been sent.

When your unit arrives, can you please post here to inform me that you have received your Tight Arse!

Thank you
Heath

cl8n

Post by cl8n » 24 Jun 2016, 20:01

Unit arrived today ... I've had a home level test play and could definitely feel that my arse was tighter. Can't wait to give it a full blown work out at rehearsal on Monday! :hyper:

Thanks for all your hard work Heath!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

Bazzist

Post by Bazzist » 24 Jun 2016, 22:00

My unit arrived safe and sound today, I will get around to testing on the weekend. Thanks so much Heath!

acmeman

Post by acmeman » 25 Jun 2016, 20:21

Got mine Friday I have it between my Double Bass and Genz Benz. It certainly tightens up the low end.

Is there any resistance? Will the Tight Arse change the impedance before it enters the amp input?
Custom Medium Scale Jazz, Eastwood Classic4, Ply Upright, Genz Benz Amp

Jambi

Post by Jambi » 27 Jun 2016, 17:10

Got mine today, testing tonight.
Cheers

giggawazza

Post by giggawazza » 27 Jun 2016, 19:45

also got mine today, also testing tonight
also Cheers :)
Heaps o nice gear, I'm old and have a job...

madidus

Post by madidus » 27 Jun 2016, 20:28

Mine arrived today :thumbup: but I won't get a chance to test for a while as I'm heading OS for work :(

Juan Lauda

Post by Juan Lauda » 27 Jun 2016, 22:09

Mine arrived today as well. Testing it out tomorrow night at rehearsal. Thanks Heath!
Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

datildoit

Post by datildoit » 27 Jun 2016, 22:39

Arrived today, thanks Heath. Hopefully will give it a run later this week.

jezzamac

Post by jezzamac » 28 Jun 2016, 12:04

Mine arrived today. Try out tomorrow at rehearsal. Thanks.
Fender '78 Precision, Squier CV Jazz, Maton JBIV, Ibanez SR405, G&L Tribute SB2, Ashbory and Markbass CMD121P, Fender Rumble V# 12" cab, GK 400RB, No-name 4x10 cab
funKtus, Samurai Trash, Exploding Happiness, Night Radio (no longer).

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 28 Jun 2016, 16:28

acmeman wrote:Got mine Friday I have it between my Double Bass and Genz Benz. It certainly tightens up the low end.

Is there any resistance? Will the Tight Arse change the impedance before it enters the amp input?
Hi Paul,

The Tight Arse wasn't designed with piezo pickups in mind, so I'm very happy it's working for you! (That's assuming you're using a piezo?)

Guessing you have an on-board preamp and a standard amp input, which would be the reason the Tight Arse is working as designed, with no impedance issues. (The preamp changes the very high impedance from the piezo pickup to match the lower input impedance of the amp's input).

To answer your other question... A very slight resistance (slight drop in volume), due to the passive components in the signal path, will be present but if your sound is the same and the only difference is the tightening up of the bottom end, all is good!

Thanks Paul
Heath

hamo

Post by hamo » 28 Jun 2016, 22:23

Mine arrived at the P.O. Friday. Picked it up yesterday, will try it out tomorrow night. Thanks Heath :-)
Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

acmeman

Post by acmeman » 28 Jun 2016, 22:33

Cave Passive Pedals wrote:
acmeman wrote:Got mine Friday I have it between my Double Bass and Genz Benz. It certainly tightens up the low end.

Hi Paul,

The Tight Arse wasn't designed with piezo pickups in mind, so I'm very happy it's working for you! (That's assuming you're using a piezo?)

Guessing you have an on-board preamp and a standard amp input, which would be the reason the Tight Arse is working as designed, with no impedance issues. (The preamp changes the very high impedance from the piezo pickup to match the lower input impedance of the amp's input).

To answer your other question... A very slight resistance (slight drop in volume), due to the passive components in the signal path, will be present but if your sound is the same and the only difference is the tightening up of the bottom end, all is good!

Thanks Paul
Heath
Thanks Heath, I stopped using the K&K preamp with the Shadow piezo last few months, I go direct in to the Genz Benz. The input on the Genz seems to handle the higher impedance. I could be wrong but I'm yet to hear anything glaringly wrong with the sound.

From the manual:
QUOTE:
INPUT – The SHUTTLE® MAX 9.2 is equipped with a standard ¼” unbalanced input. The input sensitivity range is from 40 mV to over 1.6 volts. The input impedance is >500K ohms. The input stage contains a precision high order active high pass filter (more effective and less intrusive than the more common 6 dB filters) and an “RFI” filter (radio frequency interference) to eliminate unwanted noise. The input gain stages consist of a feedback type variable gain circuit that provides wide range, continuously variable gain with minimal noise. The preamp contains a FET input amp circuit based on our highly regarded GBE series touring amplifiers.
UNQUOTE

The input impedance is greater than 500K, Not sure I understand how an input can have a 'greater than 500K impedance and not specify what that is.

Anyone shed some light on this?'
Custom Medium Scale Jazz, Eastwood Classic4, Ply Upright, Genz Benz Amp