The Resonator

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
Cave Passive Pedals

The Resonator

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 19 Feb 2015, 15:43

A long time ago, in the days when I believed most guitarists were as smart as bass players (how wrong was I!), I invented The Resonator.

The Resonator was created to emphasise pinched harmonics; designed to increase the level of a harmonic above, or equal, to the normal plucked note. It had two knobs, one to select range and the other to sweep frequencies. The unit worked very well after an overdrive/distortion pedal.

Never released, due to most guitarists being "smart arses" (Mark can back me up on that one), I always wonder where passive technology would have gone in the guitar world...

"Where is this going?", I can hear you ask. Well... I was going to purchase an EMG active pickup (you know, to bring out those Zakk Wylde low end squeals), now I don't have to.

Anyway, I also thought I'd give The Resonator a whirl with Eden's 8 stringer Polymack... it really does shift things around... quite impressive! Now all I need to do is design a pickup to suit and have a bunch of electronics that really make bass players happy (and Eden!).

Thanks
Heath