Get some GRUNT on your board!

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
BazzBass

Get some GRUNT on your board!

Post by BazzBass » 11 Feb 2015, 23:51

Received my Grunt with Tone control today.

Fitted in perfectly with my other 8 pedals, especially as it's passive and my power supply's 8 outs are all spoken for hehe.

Initial thoughts:

On it's own it's subtle, like a bit of tube warmth, doesn't suck the low end at all. Great for SS amp owners to add that bite.

But it really shines when combined with other pedals.

it really really likes my MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe, they got on like old friends straight away. It really lifts the chorus to another level. Without the Grunt on the chorus sounds less awesome now.

It even plays nice with my ODB3 which I found a bit meh but with both on it's great

I think Heath needn't have bothered with the on/off switch,this baby is gonna be always ON !!!

What ya waiting for?, order one.....NOW !

Thanks Heath !

PS you need to do some Cave stickers so we can promote your pedals on our amps.
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Cave Passive Pedals

Re: Get some GRUNT on your board!

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 12 Feb 2015, 12:25

BazzBass wrote:Received my Grunt with Tone control today.

Fitted in perfectly with my other 8 pedals, especially as it's passive and my power supply's 8 outs are all spoken for hehe.

Initial thoughts:

On it's own it's subtle, like a bit of tube warmth, doesn't suck the low end at all. Great for SS amp owners to add that bite.

But it really shines when combined with other pedals.

it really really likes my MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe, they got on like old friends straight away. It really lifts the chorus to another level. Without the Grunt on the chorus sounds less awesome now.

It even plays nice with my ODB3 which I found a bit meh but with both on it's great

I think Heath needn't have bothered with the on/off switch,this baby is gonna be always ON !!!

What ya waiting for?, order one.....NOW !

Thanks Heath !

PS you need to do some Cave stickers so we can promote your pedals on our amps.

I was starting to stress as to where your pedal had gone. I can stop harassing the post office now!

So glad the Grunt works for you and also works well with your other units. Have you moved it around in the chain yet?

Don't forget, Bazz, you have a real lifetime warranty with your Grunt. Any questions, just ask.

Thanks mate,
Heath

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 12 Feb 2015, 14:03

It's actually less subtle now I've played it on it's own. It is exactly what I needed.

Love the mechanical "on" indicator too ! Might dab some bright nail polish on it.

Stickers, Heath, stickers!

PS I somehow doubt I'll ever need to use the lifetime warranty,it's so well made it will outlast me lol , but it's great that you offer this.

PPS One question Heath, about how the Tone knob works. Am I right to assume it is a tone cut whereby fully CCW is natural level and CW is cutting a set frequency? What's the frequency if it's not giving too much away?

hehe "what's the frequency, Heath?" sounds like an R.E.M song lol
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 12 Feb 2015, 17:39

BazzBass wrote: PPS One question Heath, about how the Tone knob works. Am I right to assume it is a tone cut whereby fully CCW is natural level and CW is cutting a set frequency? What's the frequency if it's not giving too much away?

hehe "what's the frequency, Heath?" sounds like an R.E.M song lol
It's just the same design as a passive tone control on a bass guitar... minus (-) is natural Grunt / plus (+) is with treble cut.

Some of the other pedals I have designed have fancy frequency controls but the basic tone circuit here works well, I think, to create a good lower frequency boost.