Make your own Cave pedal- Electronic Kits

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
BazzBass

Re: Make your own Cave pedal- Electronic Kits

Post by BazzBass » 28 Feb 2015, 14:00

Ta Heath, it's gone away for now.

I think I'll order a kit, but first I guess I should buy a soldering iron and do some practice , it's been decades since I soldered. Any tips for what solder to use etc?
Loud things: Markbass LittleMark 250, Hartke HA2500 amps, Hartke XL210 cabs
Pretty things: Fender MIA P, MIM P and J, SX J, Takamine ABG
Bands: Los Mescalitos , Distorted Tarts

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 28 Feb 2015, 17:56

BazzBass wrote:Ta Heath, it's gone away for now.

I think I'll order a kit, but first I guess I should buy a soldering iron and do some practice , it's been decades since I soldered. Any tips for what solder to use etc?
Cheapest iron (Hot Rods etc), cheapest and thin solder will do the job (unless you're planning on making a bucket full of pedals!).

One more thing... try not to breathe in the fumes, as you can get lead poisoning (unless you buy this new fangdangled lead free stuff, which ain't as good). And don't get sucked in by the salesman and purchase an extractor fan, they're expensive and the filters need to be replaced regularly. Just open a window.

Thanks Bazz
Heath

narcdor

Post by narcdor » 11 Oct 2015, 16:13

Finally got around to buying a soldering iron, and it's a good one. Goot, not cheap, but makes it easy for someone with limited soldering experience like me. The other improvement was buying some lead IN solder, seems to work much better that the lead free stuff.

Wired it all up today and plugged it in, worked first time! And sounds great, so chewy thick and fat. I'll be using this at next band rehearsal for sure.

My dodgy soldering

In case you were wondering, the monkey lives underneath the lid, so it still works. He does a great job in there.
B: Fender Mustang, Narcdor Precision, Framus Star Bass, EBMM Stingray
A: O'Neill B15 copy, Ampeg Repro 15