Tour of duty thread: Cave Passive Pedals INDUCTION DRIVE

Boutique bass guitar effects pedals that require no battery or power supply. Includes multi-channel boosters and drivers in a compact, aluminium casing with D.I. output.
TOdoor

Re: Tour of duty thread: Cave Passive Pedals INDUCTION DRIVE

Post by TOdoor » 21 Oct 2014, 17:33

Pedal was posted expressly and registered on Saturday and its heading toward QLD.Ill write about the ID drive in next few days when i have more time.cheers fellas
Traynor YBA200-2, TecAmp M212 ,G&L SB-1 ,Fender Precision MIM 1992 modified a bit

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 24 Oct 2014, 08:47

1. Weemac DONE
2. Crowella (NSW Central Coast) DONE
3. Bassline (Sydney) DONE
4. BianchiJustin (Sydney) DONE
5. AussieMark (Sydney) DONE
6. DagwoodDawg (NSW South Coast) DONE
7. BobbyDazzler (Geelong) DONE
8. RayBones (Launceston) DONE
9. RodL2005 (Hobart) DONE
10. Rocksolid (Adelaide) DONE
11. Slave (Perth) DONE
12. ToDoor (Darwin) DONE
13. CrazeeBass (Brisbane) DONE
14. Heath Cave (Brisbane)
15. JPR-Musicman (USA)
16. Heath Cave (Brisbane)
Last edited by Aussie Mark on 18 Nov 2014, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

CrayZee_Bass

Post by CrayZee_Bass » 24 Oct 2014, 11:26

I just received the ped. Look forward to putting it through its paces in the next week!
You can lead a horse to water...........

But you can't shut the doors on a motorcycle.

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 17 Nov 2014, 13:47

The Induction Drive has landed!

Thanks Guys, for looking after her. Will be posting to USA very soon, for the last leg of the tour.

I don't normally review my own pedals but in this case, I think I will.

Review...

There's no batteries! The Induction Drive boosts frequencies with no loss of volume.

There's no diodes! The Induction Drive manages to create mild overdrive by just using transformers.

After using the I.D. for a few moments, then switching to true bypass, made me realise how sterile the true bypass tone was. I had to switch the I.D. back ON!

The settings on my Fender Bassman were all maxed out, except the volume. The controls on my Jazz bass were all maxed, too. With the "LO" fully clockwise (zero), the "HI" halfway (zero) and the "VOL" fully counter-clockwise (max) I started the "boost" test, this is where you play a string and switch the unit ON and OFF. In each case, the string's volume increased slightly when the Induction Drive was ON.

My favourite setting was to max out the LO, minus the HI and obviously have max volume. BIG boosts! This created a dub bass feel but with some kind of grinding effect caused by the natural overdrive.
I have used these type of settings on my latest album "Little Dead Spiders", to get a real heavy spread of frequencies that fill the bass track with great success (no need for stereo tracking the bass, when recording, anymore!).

The look of the pedal obviously took a lot of time to create. I was going for that Alien look, again (no acid with this one, maybe next time...).
My pedals seem to give me that artistic satisfaction that one of creations would a real artist.

To conclude... I would say that most are missing the point. These none-powered, passive pedals are ground breaking technology.
Aside from the real earthy tones that are produced, the flexibility of the controls are as equal to some powered pedals. Never before, has a passive circuit performed so well.

Thanks for reading
Heath

jpr_musicman

Post by jpr_musicman » 18 Nov 2014, 09:58

Hi guys is been great to follow this thread. A great opportunity for guys to get a feel for these passive pedals, and for those researching pre purchase as well.

I wanted to catch you before you sent it over Heath as I am no where near where I was last time we spoke. Drop me an email mate.

I look forward to reading the pending reviews and having a play myself. Cheers.
James Russell
Cave Passive Pedals Endorser
Corporate Sell-out (cruise ships)

PilbaraBass

Post by PilbaraBass » 18 Nov 2014, 10:34

Cave Passive Pedals wrote:The Induction Drive has landed!

Thanks Guys, for looking after her. Will be posting to USA very soon, for the last leg of the tour.

I don't normally review my own pedals but in this case, I think I will.

Review...

There's no batteries! The Induction Drive boosts frequencies with no loss of volume.

There's no diodes! The Induction Drive manages to create mild overdrive by just using transformers.

After using the I.D. for a few moments, then switching to true bypass, made me realise how sterile the true bypass tone was. I had to switch the I.D. back ON!

The settings on my Fender Bassman were all maxed out, except the volume. The controls on my Jazz bass were all maxed, too. With the "LO" fully clockwise (zero), the "HI" halfway (zero) and the "VOL" fully counter-clockwise (max) I started the "boost" test, this is where you play a string and switch the unit ON and OFF. In each case, the string's volume increased slightly when the Induction Drive was ON.

My favourite setting was to max out the LO, minus the HI and obviously have max volume. BIG boosts! This created a dub bass feel but with some kind of grinding effect caused by the natural overdrive.
I have used these type of settings on my latest album "Little Dead Spiders", to get a real heavy spread of frequencies that fill the bass track with great success (no need for stereo tracking the bass, when recording, anymore!).

The look of the pedal obviously took a lot of time to create. I was going for that Alien look, again (no acid with this one, maybe next time...).
My pedals seem to give me that artistic satisfaction that one of creations would a real artist.

To conclude... I would say that most are missing the point. These none-powered, passive pedals are ground breaking technology.
Aside from the real earthy tones that are produced, the flexibility of the controls are as equal to some powered pedals. Never before, has a passive circuit performed so well.

Thanks for reading
Heath
Heath,

You're not allowed to do a review until you have at least received the pedal... :poke:
You're next. Hold your horses... :lol:
'98 Carvin AC40, '07 Squier JDAV, '91 P-bass, '96 Ibanez ATK300F, '15 Ibanez SR605
Kanye West wrote:My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 18 Nov 2014, 15:07

Sorry to say that I'm not a bad boy, in this case! Picked up the pedal from the post office yesterday.

I'm probably just very proud of my work!

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 27 Jan 2015, 12:57

Hi Guys,

The Induction Drive got sent to James a while ago but looks like it's on it's way back to Australia without reaching James, in the US. The US postal service reckons that it had no forwarding address (cough...bullsh..), I reckon that the bomb squad have run their tanks over it!

Remember Mark, I sent you a Grunt years ago and the MDF box was all smashed to pieces? You mentioned that it looked like a truck had ran over it! Same thing...?

So sorry to James, as his repaired TVTR was also it the package. Will investigate when I get more information.

Apologies to those who are waiting for James' review and to Eden, who now owns the ID.

Cheers
Heath

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 10 Feb 2015, 11:39

Hi James,

So sorry for your wait (hopefully just a wait and not a loss!). I am keeping an eye on things this end.

I remember that one of your other packages from a year or two ago went around the world before getting to you, so I'm hoping that this is just the case with these units (I'm trying not to panic, at this stage!).

It has to be the new terrorist threats that's causing these postal problems; Bazz's pedal has also gone walkabout!

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Heath

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 11 Feb 2015, 12:24

Hi James,

Just got information that your pedals are apparently at a Texas post office awaiting pickup.

Please let me know how it all works out.

Cheers
Heath

jpr_musicman

Post by jpr_musicman » 18 Feb 2015, 11:39

Alas, the pedals have yet to materialise, I will of cause update as soon as I get any firm information. I am very sorry for Bazz, his pedal missing on its way to me. I am hopeful the package will turn up soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
James Russell

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 28 Feb 2015, 12:35

Hi James,

I lodged a complaint a short time ago, after I was told the package was in Texas but you informed me it wasn't! It's funny, isn't it, 'cos now the pedals have magically appeared. I wonder which US postal worker got the sack for stealing? Putting the package details in writing on the label is a bad idea! ("... Mmm... three guitar effects pedals... make a nice Christmas pressy for myself...")

As for the Induction Drive, please hold on to it and we'll await your review; be such a waste to send it back now, after all this commotion!

If you could just let me know when the pedals have been picked up by your partner, please.

Thanks James,
Heath
P.S. I was designing you a triple channel TVTR (with a TTC) in a 1590B casing, half the size of your original (with mods). Shame it will only be a fantasy now (unless you need one...?).

jpr_musicman

Post by jpr_musicman » 06 Mar 2015, 05:59

Magically appeared is indeed the correct term. It's just ridiculous. The package has been picked up and is sage in Texas. She'll bring then all to me at the end of the month and I'll review and send the ID early April. I look forward to it.

a compact tvtr would be nice. Hmmmm. Can't justify it. The current one is a good size under the feet for 3 switches anyway.
James Russell

jpr_musicman

Post by jpr_musicman » 10 Apr 2015, 04:19

The pedals have ARRIVED!!!!! Thank goodness. Had them a couple of days. The tvtr makes me feel tonally whole again. The new separate ways has made switching instruments a breeze, and I'm putting the ID through the ringer This week. I've got 23 hours of performing, let's see how it performs. How fun!!
James Russell

Cave Passive Pedals

Post by Cave Passive Pedals » 19 Jun 2015, 19:22

Hi James,

The Induction Drive has landed safely... well, sort of...

So, I'm driving out the driveway and see this box on the ground, near the mail box. A giant crow hovered around the box, like it was a dead animal carcass, sometimes running in for "the grab".

When the package was inspected, the lid was half ripped off and the contents inside revealed. Luckily, the pedal is made to withstand a deep space explosion, far more than the crow could manage!

Eden, are you still at the same address? If you could just text me, to confirm.

Thanks James (where's the review?!)
Heath