Come try my gear thread?

Threads to lend a hand to the working bass player
DoctorJohn

Come try my gear thread?

Post by DoctorJohn » 23 Feb 2017, 22:51

Is there such a thread already? There's so many people here with a huge variety of gear. A lot of people hear stories, read reviews and would like to try different things. But they aren't always in the shop so they aren't able to try it out! Is the 2 grand bass worth the premium? does class D sound as good as tube? what will my $500 bass sound like through a 5 grand all tube amp? or vice versa?

The people on this forum are pretty cool based on my experience. if anyone wants to try out my Ampeg SVT classic through my svt 8x10 cab, you're more than welcome to. Want to hear what your head sounds like through the cab? sure! My Warwick streamer and MIM Jazz love attention so if you want to try them out to see if they suit your style or can give you the tone you're after, come find out. You think a $100 bass combo is always going to be shit? Check out this Randall 4x10 combo i got from gumtree for $80! I have a Morley Cliff Burton PFW, and Joyo American and California Sound pedals too.

Come... bring beer :drinkingbuddies:
Basses: Fender Steve Harris P - Warwick Robert Trujillo 4&5 string
Amps: Randall RB200X - Ampeg SVT-CL, SVT-III Pro & SVT-810e - Kustom 1200HD & 410H/215H - Mesa Boogie 1516B
FX: Bass Muff Deluxe - American Sound - Cliff Burton PFW

BazzBass

Re: Come try my gear thread?

Post by BazzBass » 24 Feb 2017, 02:05

that's very generous of you, Dr John.

Members here usually have an annual get together (GTG) in various cities/towns. People bring their gear to share around. I haven't been to one, yet, but would like to one day

Where abouts are you situated?
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 24 Feb 2017, 05:39

I travel to Adelaide 3-4 times a year for work and always catch up with Steve (Rocksolid). I bring over something for Steve to try out and he drags out some of his tasty selection of equipment to compare it too. Maybe we should all get together next trip.
Spector Euro5, Elmo ARB5, Eppi Thunderbird, Czech Bouble Bass
Mesa, Ampeg, Eden, TC Electronics, Genz Benz, GK, Trace, Line6, Golden Tone. Ashdown cabs

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitter-G ... 1390275343

DoctorJohn

Post by DoctorJohn » 24 Feb 2017, 08:26

I'm in the northern suburbs BazzBass. Yeah i've met Rocksolid and he's a nice fella. The GTGs are a great idea. Definitely will get in on the next one if i can. A/B in the SVT with the Bassman was discussed in another thread
Basses: Fender Steve Harris P - Warwick Robert Trujillo 4&5 string
Amps: Randall RB200X - Ampeg SVT-CL, SVT-III Pro & SVT-810e - Kustom 1200HD & 410H/215H - Mesa Boogie 1516B
FX: Bass Muff Deluxe - American Sound - Cliff Burton PFW

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 24 Feb 2017, 12:12

bobbybdazzler wrote:I travel to Adelaide 3-4 times a year for work and always catch up with Steve (Rocksolid)..
lemme know next time, I catch up with Steve every now and then. In fact I still have a gift for him that I haven't dropped off in ages, (must catch up Steve !)

Dr John,I'm in the Western suburbs,we should get a GTG happening this year sometime.
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 24 Feb 2017, 13:00

BazzBass wrote:
bobbybdazzler wrote:I travel to Adelaide 3-4 times a year for work and always catch up with Steve (Rocksolid)..
lemme know next time, I catch up with Steve every now and then. In fact I still have a gift for him that I haven't dropped off in ages, (must catch up Steve !)

Dr John,I'm in the Western suburbs,we should get a GTG happening this year sometime.
A gift? oh goodie! My door is always open. I never get sick of making coffees or going to the beer fridge! As some know, I am a shift worker so I have time during the day with an empty house (no wife and kids home) quite often! So next time you are here Dave, We'll give Bazz the heads up and who ever else is interested.

It is interesting when Dave and I get together and both play the same gear. I don't think our tonal goals are THAT different, but the tones we both extract out of the same bass/gear with our fingers/pick is different, and so the way we try to arrive at the sound in our head is different. I think Dave will agree - it took quite a while to work out what was happening!!!
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 24 Feb 2017, 14:26

There's some awesome people here on OzBass !! :D
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 24 Feb 2017, 14:54

BassLine wrote:There's some awesome people here on OzBass !! :D
I disagree.

There are a LOT of awesome people on OzBass !!

Where else would people use direct bank transfer to buy gear from strangers from interstate?

And often the seller posts the item before the bank transfer comes through. THAT's trust :)

:drinkingbuddies:

rodl2005

Post by rodl2005 » 24 Feb 2017, 17:52

Same here. Welcome to try anything I've got. .. but I'm in Hobart. ..so. ......
Awesome community on here.
Mean & Surly

BigDaddy

Post by BigDaddy » 24 Feb 2017, 19:18

I'll be in for it. rAdelaide crew!
Basses: Sandberg, Fender, SUB & Squier
Amps & Cabs: Ashdown, Ampeg & Tecamp

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 06 May 2017, 16:51

I'll be on Adelaide this Wednesday and Thursday nights for work if anyone wants to catch up. I usually catch up with Steve/Rocksolid which is always fun and informative and would love to include anyone else who is free or has something awesome to show off. I'm happy to bring across my Spector Euro 5 and my Mesa BB750 if anyone is interested.
Mesa, Ampeg, Eden, TC Electronics, Genz Benz, GK, Trace, Line6, Golden Tone. Ashdown cabs

bobbybdazzler

Post by bobbybdazzler » 06 May 2017, 16:53

I'm also happy to ferry things between Adelaide and Victoria if need be although I draw the line at boxes of head phones and boogie boards

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 06 May 2017, 20:16

bobbybdazzler wrote:I'll be on Adelaide this Wednesday and Thursday nights for work if anyone wants to catch up. I usually catch up with Steve/Rocksolid which is always fun and informative and would love to include anyone else who is free or has something awesome to show off. I'm happy to bring across my Spector Euro 5 and my Mesa BB750 if anyone is interested.
Poor form on my behalf - Shane Lownotes42 and I had an informal school holiday love in last Thursday at mine, I let BazzBass know ( he said he wasn't interested in our company :crazy: )but should've posted here. My neighbours were so happy. My recent show us your rigs family pic was taken before Shane arrived.

I'm on day shift Wednesday and Thursday, but wenesday after 5 could work for a couple of hours.

Looking forward to our catch up Dave. Pizza and red perhaps?
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 07 May 2017, 12:11

Rocksolid wrote:
bobbybdazzler wrote: I let BazzBass know ( he said he wasn't interested in our company :crazy: )
As if I wasn't interested in meeting a couple of humans who aren't going senile. Yeah being a carer sure is fun :(

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 07 May 2017, 12:44

BazzBass wrote:
Rocksolid wrote:
bobbybdazzler wrote: I let BazzBass know ( he said he wasn't interested in our company :crazy: )
As if I wasn't interested in meeting a couple of humans who aren't going senile. Yeah being a carer sure is fun :(
I know mate, just winding you up, because I can!