Issue with courier SmartSend - RESOLVED.

Threads to lend a hand to the working bass player
BassLine

Issue with courier SmartSend - RESOLVED.

Post by BassLine » 24 Oct 2016, 23:15

EDIT: Issue resolved with SmartSend. My second Invoice cancelled, They will take it up directly with the subcontractor ALLIED EXPRESS.

----------------—--------
Received a package and several days later got an invoice to pay extra $29 as they claim the dimensions were incorrect.

Put simply - they've quoted it's 5cm wider and 10cm taller than it actually is. Wrote a polite email, they've asked for images. Fortunately I've still got the box & can support my case.

Haven't had one issue with a courier before. How hard do I hit back? What do I ask for in lieu of my wasted time?
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

Rickles

Re: Issue with courier SmartSend

Post by Rickles » 24 Oct 2016, 23:44

Seems a bit rude. Shouldn't they be chasing the sender? Shouldn't they be chasing whomever from their company took the parcel and didn't charge enough? What will they be able to tell from images? I guess they made you hold a ruler up. $29? Don't leave the country. I wouldn't bother following their orders. If it means so much. They have your address. They can come around once they make an appointment.

A little off topic but I once had a parcel from America arrive via DHL. It looked like customs had damaged the box.They wanted me to pay some fee/duty/tax. I asked them to send me some forms so I could make a claim. Never heard from them again. Just ludicrous they way they try to take advantage, most people being unaware of how things operate.
Melbourne
75 P Bass, Warwick Standard Corvette, SWR MoBass, Markbass, BAmp, CN212, HD210, SWR 210.

MentalPatient

Post by MentalPatient » 25 Oct 2016, 02:00

Yeah, they should be chasing the sender. I'm pretty sure In the booking email for the sender it says about the sender being charged for incorrect dimensions.
Glockenklang Heart Rock II | 6-Box | Quattro | Roscoe
Fender TB-600 | Baer ML115
Last edited by MentalPatient on 15 Apr 2015, 18:10, edited 963,482,564,947 times in total

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 25 Oct 2016, 06:15

Tell them their request has been received and will be processed in due course. :D
Duesenberg MC Starplayer, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 25 Oct 2016, 06:54

I'm the sender. I shipped it from Melb to here in Sydney.

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 25 Oct 2016, 08:00

The calculation used is "cubed weight", which is a combination of weight and size. What that means is that a light but large package will be charged more than a small heavy item, because it takes up more space in the truck. Are you sure that's not the issue?

That said, if you have the box and a tape measure, it's easy to send them photos that prove the dimensions you entered at the time of the booking are correct. 3 photos - one each with the tape measure on each dimension - will prove your case.

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

tearalong

Post by tearalong » 25 Oct 2016, 08:51

vin-tone wrote:Tell them their request has been received and will be processed in due course. :D
When they call back, tell them that you have "escalated their request" and should get back to them with 12 working days. Just like the ATO
MTD Heir 4 Lefty with Nordstrand and Bartolini pickups,Genz Benz Shuttlemax or Magellan 800 , Zoom B3 and a Roland GR-55 into Schroeder or Bergantino cabs

MrMow

Post by MrMow » 25 Oct 2016, 09:46

Rickles wrote:Seems a bit rude. Shouldn't they be chasing the sender? Shouldn't they be chasing whomever from their company took the parcel and didn't charge enough? What will they be able to tell from images? I guess they made you hold a ruler up. $29? Don't leave the country. I wouldn't bother following their orders. If it means so much. They have your address. They can come around once they make an appointment.

A little off topic but I once had a parcel from America arrive via DHL. It looked like customs had damaged the box.They wanted me to pay some fee/duty/tax. I asked them to send me some forms so I could make a claim. Never heard from them again. Just ludicrous they way they try to take advantage, most people being unaware of how things operate.
Thats oddly common with DHL, I used to get motorcycle parts send from Italy a bit and each parcel via DHL would a few days later see me with a bill for $80 from them claiming 'clearance costs' etc.
Not once did I pay them, they never followed them up.. very odd.
Fender 75P - Ric 4003 - G&L SB2

vin-tone

Post by vin-tone » 25 Oct 2016, 10:13

tearalong wrote:
vin-tone wrote:Tell them their request has been received and will be processed in due course. :D
When they call back, tell them that you have "escalated their request" and should get back to them with 12 working days. Just like the ATO
Then ask them to scan their drivers license and submit using our easy to use online portal. Registration is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Duesenberg MC Starplayer, Fender 63AVRI, Eberhard Meinel Upright > Markbass & AI Coda

Aussie Mark

Post by Aussie Mark » 25 Oct 2016, 10:17

vin-tone wrote:
tearalong wrote:
Then ask them to scan their drivers license and submit using our easy to use online portal. Registration is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Of course, after they do that, let them know that the copy of the drivers license needs to be a certified copy :D

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

BazzBass

Post by BazzBass » 25 Oct 2016, 12:14

I'd ask for a claim form as 'the parcel arrived in bad shape at the other end'. I bet you never hear about it again.
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 25 Oct 2016, 18:02

All good suggestions. Cheers

Ox Boris

Post by Ox Boris » 26 Oct 2016, 23:02

Both parties: Ignore it. If they contact you by phone tell them, "My business with you is concluded."

They were given a parcel and were paid what they asked. They delivered the parcel. Business over.

BassLine

Post by BassLine » 28 Oct 2016, 19:39

Aussie Mark wrote:The calculation used is "cubed weight", which is a combination of weight and size. What that means is that a light but large package will be charged more than a small heavy item, because it takes up more space in the truck. Are you sure that's not the issue?

That said, if you have the box and a tape measure, it's easy to send them photos that prove the dimensions you entered at the time of the booking are correct. 3 photos - one each with the tape measure on each dimension - will prove your case.
ALL SORTED!!

I Reread Monday's email from Steven (the business Director himself), and he had asked me me to send in photos so he could take it up with the subcontractor.

Photos of measurements sent in, fast reply & fast cancelling of invoice sent. Glad I was polite, he was really good.

Probably caused by packaging shifting around insides during transit/handling. Possibly heavy items placed on top distorting the box shape.