OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Threads to lend a hand to the working bass player
User avatar
cl8n
Posts: 119
Joined: 21 May 2015, 01:12
Location: Sydney

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by cl8n » 22 May 2017, 23:07

A couple coming up ... if you are around ...

Image

Image
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

User avatar
Macbass
Posts: 391
Joined: 18 Sep 2013, 16:55
Location: Melbourne

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by Macbass » 09 Jun 2017, 09:13

Anyone else playing at the Castlemaine Jazz Festival?
I'll be in 2 bands:
Children of the Revolution (modern, weird, loud), and Cobalt (ye Olde, standards, quiet).
Say hi if you're there!
Cheers!
Michael.
1982 Moonstone Eclipse, Aguilar Tonehammer Pre, Peavey power amp, Markbass CL106, Various pedals...

User avatar
BassLine
Posts: 7930
Joined: 04 Oct 2009, 12:36
Location: Sydney

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by BassLine » 27 Jun 2017, 21:45

I'm filling in for INXSive
This Sat 1/7/17 8.30pm
Dundas Sports & Recreation Club
9 Elder Road, Dundas NSW 2117
9638 5900

Image

Great turnout at last weekends gig at Unity Hall Balmain. Come by & grab a few ales. :D
Basses: Fender - Rob Allen - Tobias - Duesenberg
Rigs: Jule Amps - AER - GK - Bergantino - Baer

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7612
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by veebass » 01 Aug 2017, 19:18

First gig back from surgery this Saturday night- Mooloolaba Surf Club- 9- 12pm.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
Petebass
Posts: 8105
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 07:07
Location: Burrum Heads (near Hervey Bay), QLD

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by Petebass » 01 Aug 2017, 20:02

veebass wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:18
First gig back from surgery this Saturday night- Mooloolaba Surf Club- 9- 12pm.
When are you in Gympie next?
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

User avatar
veebass
Posts: 7612
Joined: 10 Apr 2011, 07:01

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by veebass » 01 Aug 2017, 20:29

Petebass wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 20:02
veebass wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 19:18
First gig back from surgery this Saturday night- Mooloolaba Surf Club- 9- 12pm.
When are you in Gympie next?
New owners there- we are working on it, Pete.
I'll be sure to let you know.
Happiness is .......a Telebass and 500W.

User avatar
byrdsworth
Posts: 137
Joined: 26 Jun 2015, 07:33
Location: Brisbane - Australia

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by byrdsworth » 01 Aug 2017, 20:32

Saturday the 12th august in Brissie

Image



Cheers
Byrds

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15656
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by Aussie Mark » 02 Aug 2017, 09:32

A rare gig for me these days, my first since March. I'm being Ray Manzarek's left hand and Bill Wyman in the same night, in the auditorium at Club Menai in Sydney's South.

http://clubcentralmenai.com.au/events/doors-alive/

Image

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
narcdor
Posts: 3214
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 16:36
Location: Melbourne

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by narcdor » 02 Aug 2017, 10:29

My left hand cramps up when I try to be Ran Manzarek's left hand, so much repetition, great groove though.
Basses: Fender Mustangs, Narcdor Precision, Lindsey Precision, Nash Jazz, Framus Star Bass, EBMM Stingray
Amps: O'Neill B15 copy, Walkabout, Puma 900
Cabs: Ampeg Repro 15, Fender Neo 15
FX: TC Electronic clip on tuner

User avatar
Aussie Mark
Posts: 15656
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 21:06
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by Aussie Mark » 02 Aug 2017, 10:35

narcdor wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 10:29
My left hand cramps up when I try to be Ran Manzarek's left hand, so much repetition, great groove though.
Same here sometimes - makes you realise how awesome Manzarek was, keeping the groove so solid with his left hand while playing those solos with his right

Rolling Stoned | The Volts | Doors Alive | Bonza | The Vinyl Beats

Basses: Nash, Fender, Ampeg, Cataldo, Duesenberg, Greco, Ibanez
Rig: Fender, Ampeg, PJB

Endorsing artist: Fender; Cave Passive Pedals

User avatar
rev matt
Posts: 795
Joined: 30 Sep 2010, 17:05
Location: sydney's northern beaches

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by rev matt » 02 Aug 2017, 11:08

Start taking magnesium! I had that problem with repetitive bass lines but has been good since I took up the magnesium habit.
Having fun is half the fun- Warwick Corvette $$ 4- Cort acoustic 4 - no name ebay special 5 (now fretless), Kala spruce fretless Ubass, Washburn M-3SWS mandolin , Ashbory and a 2001 LTD edition Warwick Thumb Fretless 4.

User avatar
jezzamac
Posts: 1834
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 19:53
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by jezzamac » 08 Aug 2017, 11:26

funKtus at the Gallipoli Legion Club, Hamilton 7:30 - 10 on 17 August 2017.
Fender '78 Precision, Squier CV Jazz, Maton JBIV, Ibanez SR405, G&L Tribute SB2, Ashbory and Markbass CMD121P, Fender Rumble V# 12" cab, GK 400RB, No-name 4x10 cab
funKtus, Samurai Trash, Exploding Happiness, Night Radio (no longer).

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2119
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by BazzBass » 08 Aug 2017, 14:28

My first gigs since 1995 coming up. yep, I'm ultra excited to be playing out again, all original music, as usual.

We are Los Mescalitos

High Noon Sunday Oct 1 at the Semaphore Music Festival, Mr V Music's 'stage' (OK footpath) 115 Semaphore Rd

and a SCALA (Songwriters,Composers and Lyricists Association) gig at the Wheaty, George St Thebarton Thursday Oct 26 8pm onwards $5 entry


Low profile gigs but hey we gotta start somewhere.
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

User avatar
maxgroover
Posts: 3343
Joined: 19 May 2009, 11:28
Location: Sydney

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by maxgroover » 08 Aug 2017, 16:19

BazzBass wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 14:28
My first gigs since 1995 coming up. yep, I'm ultra excited to be playing out again, all original music, as usual.

We are Los Mescalitos

High Noon Sunday Oct 1 at the Semaphore Music Festival, Mr V Music's 'stage' (OK footpath) 115 Semaphore Rd

and a SCALA (Songwriters,Composers and Lyricists Association) gig at the Wheaty, George St Thebarton Thursday Oct 26 8pm onwards $5 entry


Low profile gigs but hey we gotta start somewhere.
Great stuff BazzBass! Hope they go well. :thumbup:
Ozbass moderator

The Moods Band

Mailloux, Fender, Lakland, Musicman, Rickenbacker, Univox basses
Genz Benz, BBE, Crown, Zoom amps and preamps
Bergantino & Genz Benz Cabs

User avatar
BazzBass
Posts: 2119
Joined: 28 Sep 2014, 13:36
Location: Adelaide

Re: OzBass Members' gigs - go on promote yourself!

Post by BazzBass » 08 Aug 2017, 16:54

maxgroover wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 16:19
BazzBass wrote:
08 Aug 2017, 14:28
My first gigs since 1995 coming up. yep, I'm ultra excited to be playing out again, all original music, as usual.

We are Los Mescalitos

High Noon Sunday Oct 1 at the Semaphore Music Festival, Mr V Music's 'stage' (OK footpath) 115 Semaphore Rd

and a SCALA (Songwriters,Composers and Lyricists Association) gig at the Wheaty, George St Thebarton Thursday Oct 26 8pm onwards $5 entry


Low profile gigs but hey we gotta start somewhere.
Great stuff BazzBass! Hope they go well. :thumbup:
I've got all the bass player's essentials.

Hat

Gawdy hawaiian shirt :D
"I follow a long line of famous bass men, like the guy in the Who or the guy in Led Zeppelin who isn't Plant Page or Bonham" :rolf:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest