Passive PJ pickups wanted

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means For Sale/Trade/Wanted threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
rhodesy

Passive PJ pickups wanted

Post by rhodesy » 04 Sep 2017, 14:28

Hi all
I'm chasing some passive PJ pickups to throw in my bass. It's a roadworn P body with AVRi P neck and 3 way toggle switch. I currently have the roadworn P pups in it with a tonestyler jazz pup, both passive. The impedance is not quite right although they sound great soloed, there's too much volume drop when both on full. so I'm wanting a matching PJ set.
What ya got?
Cheers

NotTheFish

Re: Passive PJ pickups wanted

Post by NotTheFish » 05 Sep 2017, 11:07

Are you sure both pickups are in phase ? If they are out of phase you will see a significant volume drop when both are on full.

cair26

Post by cair26 » 21 Sep 2017, 18:59

Hi mate,

I have the DiMarzio PJ set, DP122 & DP123 in cream color.

This set has hotter output and are both hum-cancelling.

On YouTube you can find a video on these pickups combined with the Tonestyler... really impressive!

Slapfest62

Post by Slapfest62 » 23 Sep 2017, 21:27

i have an unopened set of Nordstrand p/j 4s, that have been on a shelf at home for quite a few years.
Eventually, Ill use them , I guess, but if they are what you were after , let me know .

cair26

Post by cair26 » 24 Sep 2017, 01:38

Slapfest62 wrote:
23 Sep 2017, 21:27
i have an unopened set of Nordstrand p/j 4s, that have been on a shelf at home for quite a few years.
Eventually, Ill use them , I guess, but if they are what you were after , let me know .

How much for the Nordstrand PJ set? Model?

Slapfest62

Post by Slapfest62 » 24 Sep 2017, 01:57

They are NPJ4 . . .
as seen here https://www.bestbassgear.com/nordstrand ... j4-set.htm

Price? . . msg me an offer, I guess . . They have never been taken out of their box (although the box has seen several house mooves etc, and is a little worn), . . .they were purchased for a future project, that hasnt eventuated as yet
Thats really all I can tell you , as Ive never used or heard them .(heard good things about them, though)

Slapfest62

Post by Slapfest62 » 24 Sep 2017, 02:04

probably should also mention - I have a set of as new EMG PJs . . .
which, I think, (I could be wrong) are an active system (with preamp), but still passive pickups?
So I think they qualify as well, but kinda depends on what you think of the EMG sound .
Anyway , thought I should mention that as well.

cair26

Post by cair26 » 26 Sep 2017, 10:22

Slapfest62 wrote:
24 Sep 2017, 01:57
They are NPJ4 . . .
as seen here https://www.bestbassgear.com/nordstrand ... j4-set.htm

Price? . . msg me an offer, I guess . . They have never been taken out of their box (although the box has seen several house mooves etc, and is a little worn), . . .they were purchased for a future project, that hasnt eventuated as yet
Thats really all I can tell you , as Ive never used or heard them .(heard good things about them, though)
Interested in Swapping for a Bartolini HR-5.2AP/918 preamp? Volume (Active/Passive), Blend, Treble, Mids (Hi/Low) & Bass EQ. Brand new in it box.

rhodesy

Post by rhodesy » 30 Sep 2017, 22:50

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. I ended up with a geezer butler pj passive set. Totally awesome pups. Cheers