WTB 5 pot preamp for my bass

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
billybass

WTB 5 pot preamp for my bass

Post by billybass » 20 Apr 2018, 08:34

Hi All,

I am looking for a decent 5 pot (Volume Blend Treble Mids Bass) preamp to put into my bass guitar.

Cheers BillyBass

Petebass

Re: WTB 5 pot preamp for my bass

Post by Petebass » 20 Apr 2018, 09:35

My suggestion would be to keep an eye on the Talkbass classifieds. I was looking for the exact same thing recently, and found they pop up fairly regularly over there. They're small enough to send in the mail for not a lot of money. I scored an EMG pre for only $150 shipped. It completely transformed the bass (Ibanez SR805).
* 2 Stingray 5's (one heavily modded), Ibanez SR805, Ashbory, + more...
* Carvin B1500, Epifani PS1000, Ashdown Superfly amps.
* Lots of DIY neo/lightweight cabs including one made from composites http://www.ozbassforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2546

basshack

Post by basshack » 20 Apr 2018, 21:43

I'd recommend Nol based on my last bass build. They have lots of different options and mine was a double-p so I had Volume with push/pull active passive, Blend and then a 3 Band Parametric Equaliser on stacked pots.
><((((º> ·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... ><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·... >((((º>

drbass

Post by drbass » 21 Apr 2018, 11:30

Funny Blaine should mention Noll. I just ordered a 4 band (bass, low mids, high mids, treble) Noll with a stacked vol (p/p active/passive) and pickup blend for $140 (US) for my first build which had a Glockenklang in it and is currently empty. Looks like good value to me (the Noll pres get very good reviews).

I have an old (already second hand) Bartolini pre with 5 pots that I won’t be using - PM if you’re interested.

Regards,
Michael
- Kermit 6 multi, Kermit Gaia 6 fretless, Kermit Rockmachine 5, Manta 5, Manta 5 YOLO, ("Red Baron" 5), Q 5, (Sandberg Classic S2-5), (Thumb-4)
- Genzler Magellan 800, 2 Genzler BA12-3
- EBS OctaBass, Boss MS-3, Line6 G50