FS Stingray Classic - sold

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
narcdor

FS Stingray Classic - sold

Post by narcdor » 07 Jul 2018, 23:07

Hey hey, it’s called a classic for a reason! This is the stingray sound of the late 70s, especially with the well worn in nickel strings on it. Rubbery!

In very good condition except for a couple things which I’ll get into in a sec in the interests of full disclosure. Picked it up in a trade in here and definitely my fav stingray so far but it’s not being played and I have new basses incoming to cover costs of. I’ll be hunting down a vintage ray at some stage to replace this as the classic appointments are def up my alley and now I’ve got to grips with it I’m prepared to pay the vintage price. Lovely sparkly paint job and beautiful Birdseye maple that really pops under lights. Hardware has some use ‘patina’ but good condition. Foam mutes are a bit worn and still function perfectly. Weighs in about 4.5kg or so, not crazy for a stingray but not a featherweight.

First minor issue is the nut seems to have been filled at some point which you can see in pics, seems solid and action is good so I’ve left it.

Second is a small chip in the finish under the bottom tuner on the headstock, looks like it’s taken a hit from a cymbal or something.

One slight curved scratch I couldn’t manage to photograph on the back of the body as well about 5cm long. You can kinda see it in the photo of the back to the left of the reflection of the light... kinda.

Asking $1,600 !SOLD! located in Melbourne and prefer not to ship so minor issues can be inspected prior, and I don’t have any packing materials on hand right now but could arrange, buyer to pay actual postage costs.

Last edited by narcdor on 21 Jul 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, MusicMan, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

narcdor

Re: FS Stingray Classic

Post by narcdor » 10 Jul 2018, 11:11

Bump it up like Costello
Strings: Fender, Framus, Warwick, MusicMan, Custom
Knobs: Mesa, MarkBass, Fender
Patch: TC Electronic, Aguilar, too many to list

narcdor

Re: FS Stingray Classic