Yamaha and Warwick Corvette fretless, Warwick FNA Jazzman

Forum rules
Before you post on this forum read the Forum Rules in the first stickied thread. Failure to do so can result in your threads or posts to be deleted without notice.

Bumping Etiquette: You can bump your sale thread only once every 3 days. You may however add additional information to your thread or keep a discussion going when you wish.

Classifieds are now a "Supporting Member" only section. This means threads can now only be started by Supporting Members. To become a supporting member click on Paypal Donate button at the bottom of this page.

WARNING: Ozbassforum.com and its staff take no responsibilites whatsoever for any transactions that occur in this forum. Use at your own risk.
thqm3

Yamaha and Warwick Corvette fretless, Warwick FNA Jazzman

Post by thqm3 » 04 Jan 2018, 15:08

Hey all, clearing out the stable for 2018. Located in Marrickville - happy to meet within Sydney Metro area or assist with shipping at buyer's expense. Updated photos (13 Jan) to hopefully generate a bit more interest. Reasonable offers will be given due consideration. I can arrange more photos on request, although I only have my phone camera at the moment. Will have a few amps and pedals going up soon too.

Not totally sure what's going on with image embedding at the moment so hopefully this works - top to bottom:

December '07 Warwick Corvette Standard Passive Bubinga (modified fretless) - $1,000 in a recently-replaced Warwick Rockbag
Left the factory as a fretted Standard (still have the hang tags), when I got it about 6 years ago it had already been de-fretted, and the fingerboard had been torn to pieces by roundwounds, so I had a new ebony board installed (I *think* it was done by Glenn Bird in Thirroul - not 100% sure though) - first class work, although it could do with a touch-up in the last four "frets" to get the action as low as it can go (neck is starting to do the bolt-on ski jump thing). MEC Dynamic Passives are the quietest Jazz pickups I've ever played through. Strung with a reasonably (mid-2017 I think?) fresh set of Chromes.

'90s Yamaha RBX 250F - $220 in a thrashed SKB slab case, or $200 without.
A beater, but plays like a Yamaha - i.e. exceptionally well for its price point. Stock P-style electronics, a few scratches on the body, and fingerboard has signs of having been strung with rounds by a previous owner but still nice and smooth to play. Currently strung with an old set of Rotosound 77s, the G has been soldered and re-wrapped behind the nut. There's a bit of rattle from the open A as happens when the strings are trimmed too short - the sweat band at the nut helps with that.

July '00 Warwick FNA Jazzman - $1,600 in near-new Reunion Blues Continental gig bag, or $1,400 in thrashed SKB slab case (unless that goes with the Yamaha above)
Second-year build of the discontinued FNA Jazzman in Burgundy Red. Corvette body shape and construction, but with a AA flame maple top on a swamp ash back. This one has a factory Seymour Duncan 3-band preamp (with slap contour volume push-pull), as opposed to the more common MEC one (with push-pull preamp bypass). Normal wear and tear for a bass of this age, the worst injury is the common broken treble "ear" of the Just-A-Nut II. Difficult to price because they're pretty rare, but seems reasonable based on what Reverb can tell me. Generic-looking roundwound strings - can't remember the brand.
'Wick & Stick
Pedal junkie

thqm3

Re: Yamaha and Warwick Corvette fretless, Warwick FNA Jazzman

Post by thqm3 » 13 Jan 2018, 14:42

Pics added bump.

Corvette

RBX 250F

FNA Jazzman

'Wick & Stick
Pedal junkie