EBS - Bass pedals, Cabs, Heads, Combo's and Accessories

Australia's newest Bass online store direct to the public. Distributing: Mono Cases, Tec Amp, Brubaker Basses, R.Cocco Strings, Pavel Basses, Alleva Coppolo Basses, Hip Shot Accessories and BSX upright basses.
jcarruth20

Re: EBS - Bass pedals, Cabs, Heads, Combo's and Accessories

Post by jcarruth20 » 27 May 2011, 16:05

Is in EBS pedal heaven. Got them all over the joint running around with bass. So far the IQ is amazing. Second by Micro Bass II.

AWESOME!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au
http://www.thumpmusic.com.au

TheBottomLine

Post by TheBottomLine » 28 May 2011, 05:41

jcarruth20 wrote:Is in EBS pedal heaven. Got them all over the joint running around with bass. So far the IQ is amazing. Second by Micro Bass II.

AWESOME!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Have you played around with the " Valve Drive "
yet Jon ?
I'm not so much interested in the distortion but the valve warmth ?
The valve simulation on the MicroBass 2 doesn't really do it for me , I love everything else on this fantastic little preamp though !
Thinking of maybe a peddle board with the MicroBass 2 and the ValveDrive going to a power amp or dirrect to a desk for some live gigs and recording , if you could try those 2 together and report back in it may save me a few bucks if they don't work well together.
Cheers Dale.
:)
https://www.facebook.com/RevMoFo?pc=p&__user=0
Amps :Mesa,Fender,Hartke /Cabs: Mesa , SWR ,Schroeder & Ashdown
Basses , passive 4's strung with flats
active 5 strings strung with roundwounds
( who would have thunk that )

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 28 May 2011, 16:46

Ok played then with them both together. The valve warmth is great. Played through 410 EBS NEo cab.

Very cool setup to get a hot sound. I would be happy with it.

What are you running?
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au

TheBottomLine

Post by TheBottomLine » 28 May 2011, 23:50

jcarruth20 wrote:Ok played then with them both together. The valve warmth is great. Played through 410 EBS NEo cab.

What are you running?
all passive basses ( one of the reasons I love the micro bass 2 so much )
SWR Henry 8x8 (4ohm) and /or SWR Henry Jr 4x8(8ohm) Crown XTi 1000 power amp G.K MB Fusion 500 as power and pre , Alembic F1X pre
but the EBS MicroBass 2 is always in the mix what ever I do , I used it today into the Crown bridged into the Henry 8X8 and it sounded great just missing the tube warmth that I get with the Fusion 500.
Thanks for your help , I will have to try one soon

Also curious as to how you hooked them up ?
ValveDrive first or MicroBass 2 first . Out to in or through the loop ?

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 29 May 2011, 23:32

Valve 1st and through loop.
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au

TheBottomLine

Post by TheBottomLine » 30 May 2011, 00:55

jcarruth20 wrote:Valve 1st and through loop.
ahhh that makes sence , thanks Jon
the Valve Drive is now 2nd on my G.A.S list , I need an Upright first , when that's sorted I'll send you an email
Cheers D.

terry

Post by terry » 30 May 2011, 08:15

TheBottomLine wrote:
jcarruth20 wrote:Ok played then with them both together. The valve warmth is great. Played through 410 EBS NEo cab.

What are you running?
SWR Henry 8x8 (4ohm) and /or SWR Henry Jr 4x8(8ohm) Crown XTi 1000 power amp G.K MB Fusion 500 as power and pre , Alembic F1X pre
but the EBS MicroBass 2 is always in the mix what ever I do , I used it today into the Crown bridged into the Henry 8X8 and it sounded great just missing the tube warmth that I get with the Fusion 500.

Yeah, thats the thing about the MicroBass II... You really get a nice clean sound (and that crazy mid you won't get from nothing else) but the sound isn't really full. However with the Sadowsky pre on my Mailloux I managed to overcome this :thumbup:
Low End Jazz 5 - EBS Reidmar 250 - MarkBass RJ15

Bass Lesson Enquiries: roma.terry@gmail.com

TheBottomLine

Post by TheBottomLine » 30 May 2011, 10:21

terry wrote:
TheBottomLine wrote:

What are you running?

Yeah, thats the thing about the MicroBass II... You really get a nice clean sound (and that crazy mid you won't get from nothing else) but the sound isn't really full. However with the Sadowsky pre on my Mailloux I managed to overcome this :thumbup:
I'd call my sound with the MicroBass 2 full , just not as warm as I'd like it most of the time it's EBS before another amp sometimes dirrect to a desk only and sometimes just the EBS to power amp and speakers I only have one bass with an onboard active/passive preamp but prefer it as a passive bass a big change from a few years ago when I only had high end active basses.
The MicroBass 2 has saved me lots of cash and is the best bass purchace I have ever made !
It's a keeper :thumbup:

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 30 May 2011, 11:36

For me EBS is like the following.

You have been windows all your life and using dell.

You then get told about APPLE. You decide to switch and get an IMAC. You are blown away by even the box and the quality of packaging. You love how it works and how easy it is. Then you get hooked onto the IPHONE or something else which is APPLE. Then you are hooked and back the product 110%.

That is EBS for the bass market i believe. Everything from packing right down to quality is 110%.

Very easy to understand why it gets rated as best head and cab on the market. As mentioned not cheap but i have not heard anyone have bad remarks about there EBS gear. Like APPLE. I would rather pay a little more and never have an issue then pay less and always want to update.
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au

MentalPatient

Post by MentalPatient » 08 Jun 2011, 17:31

Here's my mini review of the EBS Classic Session 60 Combo :

I've had this for about a week or two so here's my take on it. It handles the low B well revealing plenty of details from stainless strings played through the rear pickup. The zingy details come through and the bottom end is not boomy at all. Notes ring out well without a limiter coming in and then out like on some combo's. Hit a note hard and it's heard without any limiter click before the note like on some similar power rated combo's. It eats the Roland Cube and Orange 12 inch bass combo's and wipes the floor with the Line 6 Studio 110. Until I read the manual I was under the impression it had a 12", for a 10" this is pretty good. Having no tweeter attenuator is a good thing because the first thing I do with combo's that have the attenuator is turn it all the way down and off to stop the hiss, there is no hiss out of this one. So finally someone did a decent tweeter crossover and/or used a better tweeter on a practice combo. I've used the character and enhance filters, read up how the enhance filter works by the tweeter control effecting midrange, something different and useful. Keeping in mind is a 60w combo and used as such it's right up there worthy to be used with bass's costing $2000 and $3000.

Here's a good review I found
http://www.bassdirect.co.uk/bass_guitar ... ombos.html
Last edited by MentalPatient on 04 Jul 2011, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
Glockenklang Heart Rock II | Steamhammer | 6-Box | Quattro | Roscoe
Fender TB-600 | Baer ML115
Last edited by MentalPatient on 15 Apr 2015, 18:10, edited 963,482,564,947 times in total

MentalPatient

Post by MentalPatient » 04 Jul 2011, 19:42

To add to my review of the EBS Classic Session 60 ....

Taking a peek inside I can see that the tweeter is in it's own enclosure, yep they made a box for it inside the combo. The bass driver is flush mounted, they went to the trouble of countersinking it. The final nice touch is the use of t-nuts for the driver so you don't have to think about doing that, so live in the comfort that none of the bolts are threaded or ever will be. This is way above what's expected of a 60W practice amp.
Glockenklang Heart Rock II | Steamhammer | 6-Box | Quattro | Roscoe
Fender TB-600 | Baer ML115
Last edited by MentalPatient on 15 Apr 2015, 18:10, edited 963,482,564,947 times in total

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 07 Nov 2011, 13:37

NEW TO EBS!

EBS Reidmar 250 - Lightweight 250 W RMS Bass Amp

The Reidmar 250 is the first lightweight bass head from EBS Professional Bass Equipment. The focus has been on developing a lightweight bass head with the same tonal quality as EBS renowned solid state amps. The result is a light bass head offering natural uncolored tone with a clear definition throughout the whole scale which is believed to make the EBS Reidmar 250 stand out in the competition.

Natural Sound
EBS philosophy has always been to make equipment that let the character of the instrument and the personality of the musician shine through. To make a D-class bass amp meet that standard is a real challenge due to the nature of digital power amps. However, the EBS Reidmar 250 shows anything is possible with clever engineering!

The Nature of a Beast
The EBS Reidmar provide a powerful and defined sound at all levels and when pushed to the limit it provides a natural and useful amp distortion, like a nice Drive, which extend the possibilities of using the amp in numerous musical contexts and take full advantage of all the 250 Watts.

Look and Feel
EBS never have had the intention to make the worlds lightest and smallest amp, but a light bass head that look, feel and sounds like a bass amp while not falling off the cabinet at higher volumes. With the Reidmar 250 that mission is completed!

Technically Speaking
Anyone familiar with EBS bass amps will feel at home with the Reidmar 250. The renowned built in compressor and the 4-band EQ-section with Bright and Notch filters makes sense and reminds a lot of the HD350 and TD660’s layout. The amp also feature an Effects loop (send and return), Balanced XLR-out for live and studio use (with pre/post EQ switch and Ground Lift), Line out, Headphones out and Speakon speaker output. The amp processes the sound through an analog preamp with a D-class power amp providing 250 W RMS @ 4 ohms load. Weight is 3.2 kg (7.1 lbs). The EBS Reidmar is Designed and Developed in Sweden by EBS Sweden AB.

Perfect Companions
The EBS Reidmar 250 matches perfectly well with a couple EBS ClassicLine mini size 110 or 112 cabinets (see picture above), or the NeoLine mini size cabinets. Or any single full size EBS cabinet of choice rated at 4 Ohms. The Reidmar 250 starts shipping from Sweden in November with a world wide release and availability from Winter NAMM in January 2012.

Technical Specifications EBS Reidmar 250

Input Impedance 2 Mohms
Gain Range -00 - +30 dB
Character Filter Shelving, High/Low Pass, +7 dB @ 40 Hz, -2 dB @ 800 Hz,
+3 dB @ 10 kHz
Tone Controls, Bass Shelving +/-18 dB @ 60 Hz
Mid Bandpass Filter 100 – 6000 Hz
+/- 12-15 dB
Treble Shelving +/-18 dB @ 6 kHz
Bright Shelving +15/-0 dB @ 10 kHz
Balanced Output -10 dBv, Pre/Post EQ, GND Lift
Output Power 250 W RMS @ 4 ohms load
125 W RMS @ 8 ohms load
Dimensions (WxDxH) 14 x 9.8 x 3.0” (36 x 25 x 7.5 cm)
Weight 3.2 kg (7.1 lbs.)

RRP from a store is $799 INC GST - But sure shops will be happy to crack a further deal with you!
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 07 Nov 2011, 13:38

Here is youtube clip of they puppy working!

KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au

Phil
Site Admin

Post by Phil » 14 Dec 2011, 05:26

Posted for Jon

NEW TO EBS RANGE!

EBS Session 120

120 W RMS Watt tilt-back bass combo

After the world-wide success with the smaller EBS Session 60 combo, EBS now declare the release of a bigger brother, the EBS Session 120, 120 W RMS Watt tilt-back bass combo. 

The Session amps character is based on the EBS Classic 450 head scaled down to fit this mid sized bass combo perfectly and tailored to match the physics of the cabinet and the carefully selected speaker and tweeter. All together offering a natural, full bodied and warm bass sound with great definition, punch and bottom – in the true spirit of EBS.

This is an easy to use, great sounding and affordable bass combo. EBS has used all the knowledge and experience from designing high-end, world-class bass amps for professional musicians for more than two decades to make possible offering professional tone and great value in combination. The EBS Session 120 is a serious alternative for any musician in need of a mid sized bass combo. 

The amp features a 3-band EQ with Bass, Mid and Treble controls, Character filter for a mid scooped preshaped sound, Balanced XLR-output, Aux-input with mix-in control for play along rehearsal or monitor use and a Headphones output. All in a nice vintage looking tilt-back style outfit. 
RRP of $699 AUD of pure German made excellence! 

jcarruth20

Post by jcarruth20 » 06 Feb 2012, 19:00

Guys the REIDMAR is here and on floor! AMAZING sound for a class D and would back EBS saying it is the most realistic sound in class D to a valve and full driven head! True 250 Watt RMS and not limited like all other heads.

This puppy is in stock and selling in stores for $639.95 INC GST

Also the new Vintage 1x10 and 1x12 cabinets which carry amazing lows and great highs are in stock.

1. 1x10 Cabinet = $389.95 INC GST
2. 1x12 Cabinet = $465.00 INC GST

Here are some reviews from stores and players around the place;

1. GUITAR CENTRE USA - HOLLYWOOD - We took on the REIDMAR head purely as we have great reviews from the pedals we stock. After 1 week of having the head on floor we have moved close to 20 units and all our staff are playing on the demo head daily. The reasons are simple;

- It sounds amazing
- Price is amazing for EBS product
- Louder then other lines like Mark Bass III and warmer lows, mids and highs
- Unlimited 250 Watt RMS - Other brands say they carry a certain wattage but they are limited and realistically dont reach quoted levels.
- Head runs 410 cabs on shop floor and sounds perfect.

ALEX AL - MJ's Bass player

This little head pacts some serious growl and punch. The lows i can grab are amazing. Feels like my EBS HD350 head. I will be using this on majority of my gigs!

A Head that will impress!
KEEP THUMPIN'

JON CARRUTHERS
THUMP MUSIC AUSTRALIA
info@thumpmusic.com.au