Warwick Rusted Finishes

Distributes fine bass products AUS wide via retail dealer network. Brands include Warwick, Rockbass, Seymour Duncan Basslines, EBS, Morley, Rockbag, Bullet, Core X2, Rockstand, FODERA, B-BAND, DTAR and more.
Dominant Music
Posts: 662
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 11:03

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by Dominant Music » 29 Sep 2011, 23:10

CamZH wrote:Do you need to wax the finish on this one ??
Or is it sealed in some other way ?
I could see it making a horrible mess of a white shirt !


Sure is an interesting concept.
No need to wax
Its sealed in a natural satin finish so wont make a mess or flake away

User avatar
terry
Posts: 3399
Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 11:01
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by terry » 30 Sep 2011, 09:57

Great concept. Not for everyone, but hey, that ain't no new thing.
Low End Jazz 5 - EBS Reidmar 250 - MarkBass RJ15

Bass Lesson Enquiries: roma.terry@gmail.com

Dominant Music
Posts: 662
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 11:03

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by Dominant Music » 30 Sep 2011, 10:13

terry wrote:Great concept. Not for everyone, but hey, that ain't no new thing.
Thats it! I just love how they are continually developing new concepts and ideas.

User avatar
wutke5
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Sep 2011, 16:51
Location: Adelaide, SA

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by wutke5 » 30 Sep 2011, 11:37

Sure they LOOK cool, but has anyone here played one?????

What are these "stunning acoustical properties" the finish brings to the bass? Is that just spin for, it sounds unique (read weird). :shrug:

What's the cost to get that finish? From what I understand, you order the bass you want and tick the rusted option. How much does it add (cost) to the final price?

Is it available on the full range (German made, Korean Pro/Artist Series, Chinese Rockbass)?

Just some pondering. I'm sure the Dominant Music guys can answer these :yep
Ibanez SR1205, Clover Argo 5.1, Fender Reggie Std Jazz, Monterey MJB4
VTDI/WTDI/BBE Bmax - Crown XLS2500, GB STM-900
Berg NV412, Berg HS410, TC RS212, TL JBL 15"

It's not the size of your rig.... but how you use it ;)

Dominant Music
Posts: 662
Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 11:03

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by Dominant Music » 30 Sep 2011, 12:49

wutke5 wrote:Sure they LOOK cool, but has anyone here played one?????

What are these "stunning acoustical properties" the finish brings to the bass? Is that just spin for, it sounds unique (read weird). :shrug:

What's the cost to get that finish? From what I understand, you order the bass you want and tick the rusted option. How much does it add (cost) to the final price?

Is it available on the full range (German made, Korean Pro/Artist Series, Chinese Rockbass)?

Just some pondering. I'm sure the Dominant Music guys can answer these :yep
Only available on German Basses
Cost is around $500 AUS Upcharge

We have just SOLD a bass with this so once we play when give you a good comparison tone wise.

User avatar
wutke5
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Sep 2011, 16:51
Location: Adelaide, SA

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by wutke5 » 30 Sep 2011, 13:05

Thanks for that extra info. Eagerly await a review :hyper:
Ibanez SR1205, Clover Argo 5.1, Fender Reggie Std Jazz, Monterey MJB4
VTDI/WTDI/BBE Bmax - Crown XLS2500, GB STM-900
Berg NV412, Berg HS410, TC RS212, TL JBL 15"

It's not the size of your rig.... but how you use it ;)

User avatar
terry
Posts: 3399
Joined: 07 Jan 2009, 11:01
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by terry » 30 Sep 2011, 15:08

Dominant Music wrote:
terry wrote:Great concept. Not for everyone, but hey, that ain't no new thing.
Thats it! I just love how they are continually developing new concepts and ideas.
Yeah. I'm just being honest, I haven't liked any warwick that I've ever played, but I know they sound great and many people swear by them. I think they're one of those originators in bass world, no exaggerations whatsoever on their basses, it's like you see what you get kinda thing.

I think you guys doing a great job as warwick dealer too :thumbup:
Low End Jazz 5 - EBS Reidmar 250 - MarkBass RJ15

Bass Lesson Enquiries: roma.terry@gmail.com

User avatar
hamo
Posts: 1095
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 23:31
Location: Manly Brisbane

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by hamo » 01 Oct 2011, 12:51

Have to say, interesting finish but it didn't do it for me....give me extreme relic or normal finish any day.I'm sure plenty will love it though.
Sadowsky MV4-HPJ | Fender AVRI 58 Precision (FOR SALE) | Lakland USA Duck Dunn #13 | Genz Benz STM900 | Berg AE212 | Eden XLT210 | Aguilar TLC Compressor | Aguilar Octamiser | Korg Pitchblack | MXR Bass Envelope Filter

yogiman
Posts: 26
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 22:29

Re: Warwick Rusted Finishes

Post by yogiman » 24 Jan 2013, 20:40

Dominant Music wrote:
wutke5 wrote:Sure they LOOK cool, but has anyone here played one?????

What are these "stunning acoustical properties" the finish brings to the bass? Is that just spin for, it sounds unique (read weird). :shrug:

What's the cost to get that finish? From what I understand, you order the bass you want and tick the rusted option. How much does it add (cost) to the final price?

Is it available on the full range (German made, Korean Pro/Artist Series, Chinese Rockbass)?

Just some pondering. I'm sure the Dominant Music guys can answer these :yep
Only available on German Basses
Cost is around $500 AUS Upcharge

We have just SOLD a bass with this so once we play when give you a good comparison tone wise.
Any comparison? Seriously considering one of these puppies...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests