BERGANTINO B-AMP - Great TALKBASS post....

Australia's online bass store. Ask questions to George, see his latest offerings and deals.
Dealer: Sadowsky, Euphonic Audio, Bergantino, Roscoe, Glockenklang.
GeorgeG

BERGANTINO B-AMP - Great TALKBASS post....

Post by GeorgeG » 06 Jun 2016, 12:35

Here's a recent TALKBASS post on the B|AMP which is very informative about another Firmware upgrade coming soon for anyone interested in Distortion / Overdrive effects built in to the amp. Jim Bergantino posts himself explaining how this is all going to be done. Even talks about a possible foot-switch with access to other built-in effects and how he is working on a way of operating the F/switch via Bluetooth. Love to hear some thoughts or ideas about this.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/bergan ... y.1227018/
George Ganakas
Owner of Bass Gear Direct - Dealer / Importer for Bergantino Audio, Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang, Roscoe Guitars & Sadowsky Guitars
www.bassgeardirect.com.au

benhill1982

Re: BERGANTINO B-AMP - Great TALKBASS post....

Post by benhill1982 » 06 Jun 2016, 15:03

Did I read that right that the upgrade will give the amp the ability to cover an all tube tone post upgrade???
Resistance to GAS is dropping.
Sadowsky/Sandberg/Bergantino/Darkglass
TWA Great Divide 2.0
Human Gear Animato
Endangered Audio Research AD4096
Panda Midi Future Impact Mk1
Strymon Timeline/Mobius
Darkglass A/O
Boss Octaver
Fuzzrocious Clipper
Two Notes Le Preamps & Torpedo CAB

jimmy_effected

Post by jimmy_effected » 06 Jun 2016, 20:05

You read correctly.

The Bluetooth switching is going to need some serious testing - it's a notoriously unreliable protocol and if there's one thing you don't want, it's an unreliable footswitcher...

He might do better by trying to use WiFi Direct

benhill1982

Post by benhill1982 » 06 Jun 2016, 21:23

And GAS has won. NAD ahead!
TWA Great Divide 2.0
Human Gear Animato
Strymon Timeline/Mobius
Darkglass A/O
Boss Octaver
Fuzzrocious Clipper

cl8n

Post by cl8n » 07 Jun 2016, 19:45

Damn you and bless you at the same time, George! ... (Starts looking around the house to see what he can sell) :peep:
Jazz, T-bird, EB-2, Big Al, Carlo Robelli 8
Warwick LWA1000, Carlsbro, Eden Wt-405, GB Shuttle, Custom 115, GB XB410
Stompable noise makers

benhill1982

Post by benhill1982 » 18 Jun 2016, 21:42

After more time with it, there is definitely some kind of black magic involved with this amp. Impossible to get a bad tone, and the most subtle tweaks in EQ deliver noticeable shifts in tone. So transparent, and the cab profiles make a massive difference. Can't wait for the updates!
TWA Great Divide 2.0
Human Gear Animato
Strymon Timeline/Mobius
Darkglass A/O
Boss Octaver
Fuzzrocious Clipper

Rickles

Post by Rickles » 19 May 2017, 16:29

Hey George, I've been awol so I may have missed it, but will you be getting any of the Bamp footswitches in? Can we pre-order? What's the low down? Cheers.
Melbourne
75 P Bass, Warwick Standard Corvette, SWR MoBass, Markbass, BAmp, CN212, HD210, SWR 210.

GeorgeG

Post by GeorgeG » 21 May 2017, 17:44

Spoke to Jim Bergantino about this last week. He told me the Footswitch is in final beta testing and may not be ready for a few more weeks. I will be ordering them in as soon as they are released for production. I've got some names on a list already to put a F/switch aside for them. If you want, send a quick email george@bassgeardirect.com.au to confirm you want one and I'll add you to the list too. Prices will be finalized as soon our order has been despatched but, as a guide it will be pretty close to the US price of USD$149 taking into account the exchange rate and shipping.
George Ganakas
Owner of Bass Gear Direct - Dealer / Importer for Bergantino Audio, Euphonic Audio, Glockenklang, Roscoe Guitars & Sadowsky Guitars

evilgus

Post by evilgus » 29 Jun 2017, 19:02

What power do these run into 8 ohms again?

EG

cackland

Post by cackland » 29 Jun 2017, 19:39

evilgus wrote:What power do these run into 8 ohms again?

EG
From the website:
Power Section: 350W RMS at 8-Ohms, 700W RMS at 4-Ohms, 800W RMS at 2.67-Ohms and 800W RMS at 2-Ohms
Software selectable, speaker impedance matching for optimal power transfer down to 2-Ohm minimum load.
Brubaker KXB Extreme 5, Lakland 5594, Sadowsky Metro MS5, Stingray 5, Yamaha TRB6P, West Fretless 5, Fender RW J, NS WAV4
Bergantino B|Amp, Epifani UL502C,
Bergantino AE212, AE112

Juan Lauda

Post by Juan Lauda » 30 Jun 2017, 06:18

It's a very capable little unit. I received my Bluetooth footswitch yesterday - thanks George - and it works really well with it. This amp is the shiznit!
Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

GeorgeG

Post by GeorgeG » 05 Jul 2017, 16:18

Tim, thanks for your post and support. It really is appreciated.
The capabilities of he B|Amp are amazing and seem endless!
George Ganakas

Rocksolid

Post by Rocksolid » 06 Jul 2017, 10:00

I'm enjoying mine that's for sure. Mucking around with the memory slots and saving different OD and Distortion settings!

Now that I have the blue tooth footswitch also, it has become obvious to me that the tuner really isn't visible from very far away. In tuner mode it would be great if the firmware could be programmed to use the Mem1 and Mem2 lights as a tuner indicator, flashing on either the flat or sharp side, speeding up as you get close to on the note, and lighting both or something when on the note. Just a thought. If not that, using more black on the LCD screen to make it more visible from futher away.

Only a very minor improvement on an amp that has so much win.
Gear:Fender I QSC I Bergantino I Tech 21 I Zoom l Line 6 I Aguilar I Boss I Broughton l sfx l EQD l SD I TCE l MIPRO I 1964ears

Basses:Fender I Sandberg I Musicman I Sadowsky I Warmoth l Squier

Bands:Jungle Jooce, Coke 'N' Nuts, Crossfire Hurricane

deeevo

Post by deeevo » 23 Jul 2017, 11:45

Hi Guys
Has anybody loaded 4.22 yet? I got the firmware upgrade via email last night, tried to load it this morning but nothing. I don't think it's the USB drive as I successfully loaded speaker profiles using the same drive. When I power on holding program button in, all lights are up with a blank screen. When I release program button - nothing. Power off & on again & amp is still version 4.1.
Cheers
Steve
Sandberg VM4, TM4, Stingray 4H, D Lakin Joe Osborn Jazz, Fender Jazz, Bergantino Bamp, Aguilar Tone Hammer DI, Baer ML112 cabs x4.

deeevo

Post by deeevo » 23 Jul 2017, 12:20

deeevo wrote:
23 Jul 2017, 11:45
Hi Guys
Has anybody loaded 4.22 yet? I got the firmware upgrade via email last night, tried to load it this morning but nothing. I don't think it's the USB drive as I successfully loaded speaker profiles using the same drive. When I power on holding program button in, all lights are up with a blank screen. When I release program button - nothing. Power off & on again & amp is still version 4.1.
Cheers
Steve

Everybody hold the phone. Don't know how or why but after at least 12 times trying the exact same way every time it finally worked. 4.22 now loaded.
Sandberg VM4, TM4, Stingray 4H, D Lakin Joe Osborn Jazz, Fender Jazz, Bergantino Bamp, Aguilar Tone Hammer DI, Baer ML112 cabs x4.